Finally, the 5150 has returned

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Barry Clark

Finally, the 5150 has returned

Post by Barry Clark » Tue March 12th, 2013, 8:06 am

Been a LONG time since I have been on here.

Anyways, back when I played in Damnage, I had an old 5150 rig. ...like everyone else. haha.

Anyways, I loved that amp but life always has a way of happening and I had to sell it for the sake of one of the few higher priorities I have.

Well, I finally got another 5150. It's a 1993 block letter and it just roars.

Just so pumped that I am just beside myself.
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/damnageband">DAMNAGE on Myspace</a>

Neither scene nor herd

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Tue March 12th, 2013, 5:21 pm

fuck man, gettin' me all excited

Barry Clark

Post by Barry Clark » Tue March 12th, 2013, 5:38 pm

Azrael wrote:fuck man, gettin' me all excited
I know! Right?!

Working with a couple of guys on a Hardcore project (think Sheer Terror, Sick of it All, 454 Big Block, Blood for Blood, etc and NOT the mess they call Hardcore these days) and this will be the engine behind my parts on guitar.

Music you can throw elbows too. ;)

Neither scene nor herd

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Tue March 12th, 2013, 6:00 pm

Barry Clark wrote:
I know! Right?!

Working with a couple of guys on a Hardcore project (think Sheer Terror, Sick of it All, 454 Big Block, Blood for Blood, etc and NOT the mess they call Hardcore these days) and this will be the engine behind my parts on guitar.

I wasn't specific, I thought you meant they were gonna start making a head again that rules as much as the 5150 did.

Barry Clark

Post by Barry Clark » Tue March 12th, 2013, 8:48 pm

Azrael wrote:
Barry Clark wrote:
I know! Right?!

I wasn't specific, I thought you meant they were gonna start making a head again that rules as much as the 5150 did.
The 6505 (not the 6505+) is exactly the same circuit. I only went with the old 5150 for nostalgia's sake and the used market is kind to buyers.

Neither scene nor herd

Strange

Post by Strange » Fri March 15th, 2013, 2:21 pm

Can't go wrong with a fiddy-one-fiddy!
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Fri March 15th, 2013, 9:18 pm

Barry Clark wrote:
Azrael wrote:
Barry Clark wrote:
I know! Right?!

The 6505 (not the 6505+) is exactly the same circuit. I only went with the old 5150 for nostalgia's sake and the used market is kind to buyers.
6505 isn't in production either, I thought

Barry Clark

Post by Barry Clark » Tue March 19th, 2013, 11:36 am

Azrael wrote:
Barry Clark wrote:
Azrael wrote:
Barry Clark wrote:
I know! Right?!

6505 isn't in production either, I thought
It is. Never stopped. :)

http://www.peavey.com/6505/

Scroll down a bit and you will see a grid that shows the features of the different models of 6505. The regular 6505 is second from left I believe.

Neither scene nor herd

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Tue March 19th, 2013, 11:41 am

I don't suppose anyone here knows where you can get replacement knobs for a 5150 head faceplate?

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Tue March 19th, 2013, 12:03 pm

ratanda wrote:I don't suppose anyone here knows where you can get replacement knobs for a 5150 head faceplate?
I ordered from Antique Electronic Supply a lot over the years. Got all I needed from them when I was rebuilding my 5150 a few years ago. Got knobs, corners, factory screws/washers, vent plate, handle, and handle ends from these guys. In fact I think I still have some extra corners if you want 'em.

Barry Clark

Post by Barry Clark » Tue March 19th, 2013, 1:18 pm

MS_39455 wrote:
ratanda wrote:I don't suppose anyone here knows where you can get replacement knobs for a 5150 head faceplate?
I ordered from Antique Electronic Supply a lot over the years. Got all I needed from them when I was rebuilding my 5150 a few years ago. Got knobs, corners, factory screws/washers, vent plate, handle, and handle ends from these guys. In fact I think I still have some extra corners if you want 'em.
Hell, if you happen to see a discarded baffle plate, please let me know. It seems to be a thing these days to remove them. A previous owner of my amp removed it. I don't NEED it. Just be nice to have it built back up.

Neither scene nor herd

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Tue March 19th, 2013, 2:16 pm

Barry Clark wrote:
MS_39455 wrote:
Hell, if you happen to see a discarded baffle plate, please let me know. It seems to be a thing these days to remove them. A previous owner of my amp removed it. I don't NEED it. Just be nice to have it built back up.
If you're talking about the black-laminated ply piece that fits behind the face grill...I actually do have an extra. The 5150 logo is gone though. Let me know if you're interested.

Barry Clark

Post by Barry Clark » Tue March 19th, 2013, 5:06 pm

MS_39455 wrote:
Barry Clark wrote:
MS_39455 wrote:
If you're talking about the black-laminated ply piece that fits behind the face grill...I actually do have an extra. The 5150 logo is gone though. Let me know if you're interested.
PM sent.

Neither scene nor herd

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Fri March 22nd, 2013, 1:09 pm

MS_39455 wrote:
Fuck yes!!! You're the man, dude!