Who here is playing Starcraft2 WOL/HOTS

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

dopesmoker

Who here is playing Starcraft2 WOL/HOTS

Post by dopesmoker » Tue March 19th, 2013, 12:32 am

Just got the expansion for starcraft 2. Any one on the board playing?

doubledogpaleale

Post by doubledogpaleale » Tue March 19th, 2013, 2:08 am

If I had money to buy it and time to play it, I would be all over it. MLG had way better matches this time around though. Talking about HotS of course, kind of tired of WoL
Who Dies Wins

dopesmoker

Post by dopesmoker » Thu March 21st, 2013, 3:05 pm

I dont know how i feel about these new units. As some one who was a pretty strong terran player I dont like how heavily i have to rely on these new mines. Way too powerful and take away from some of the creativity.

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Thu March 21st, 2013, 4:44 pm

My old roommate used to ask me EVERY DAY if I was gonna get Starcraft 2.

Every. Day.

doubledogpaleale

Post by doubledogpaleale » Thu March 21st, 2013, 8:33 pm

dopesmoker wrote:I dont know how i feel about these new units. As some one who was a pretty strong terran player I dont like how heavily i have to rely on these new mines. Way too powerful and take away from some of the creativity.
couldn't resist, so I finally got it.
Ehh, I like the mines depending on the match up. vs Zerg I like to do hellion harass and back up into the mines when they chase me down with lings or roaches. I also like how Flash loaded a medivac with marines and a mine, and placed the mine at the ramp so when units came to defend they hit that first. The only thing that I really don't like too much is the Photon Overcharge that protoss got, and I've yet to face it but apparently templar/void ray/tempest is the new broodlord/infestor.
Who Dies Wins

dopesmoker

Post by dopesmoker » Fri March 22nd, 2013, 12:07 am

doubledogpaleale wrote:
dopesmoker wrote:I dont know how i feel about these new units. As some one who was a pretty strong terran player I dont like how heavily i have to rely on these new mines. Way too powerful and take away from some of the creativity.
Ehh, I like the mines depending on the match up. vs Zerg I like to do hellion harass and back up into the mines when they chase me down with lings or roaches. I also like how Flash loaded a medivac with marines and a mine, and placed the mine at the ramp so when units came to defend they hit that first. The only thing that I really don't like too much is the Photon Overcharge that protoss got, and I've yet to face it but apparently templar/void ray/tempest is the new broodlord/infestor.
They nerfed the void rays which really bummed me out. I really liked cleaning up with those.

What is your name on battle net?

dopesmoker

Post by dopesmoker » Fri March 22nd, 2013, 12:07 am

GameFreac wrote:My old roommate used to ask me EVERY DAY if I was gonna get Starcraft 2.

Every. Day.
Well are you going to get it?

doubledogpaleale

Post by doubledogpaleale » Fri March 22nd, 2013, 4:13 pm

dopesmoker wrote:
doubledogpaleale wrote:
They nerfed the void rays which really bummed me out. I really liked cleaning up with those.

What is your name on battle net?
Haven't played as much as I used to so I'm pretty horrible right now, StormOfEvil
Who Dies Wins