54%
Meh.
19%
That's fucking stupid.
27%

Total votes: 26

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Mon June 3rd, 2013, 9:49 pm

I would rock it if the patch was simple and/or funny. I don't think many of us are going to try to be up an ATL backpatch. Can't speak for everyone obviously, haha.
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Mon June 17th, 2013, 11:47 am

SlashAndThrash wrote:Nothing good comes from isolating a scene. NYDM, GMA, NYHC, etc. all comes off as a silly gang-mentality styled cry for attention.
THIS. I learned about this stuff at the show Saturday, and what the dude was telling me, it just sounded like gangs to me, picking arbitrary reasons to fight each other and look tougher. The positives he described, looking out for each other, helping each other out, attending shows, etc. is just stuff you'd do for your friends anyway. Why put a brand on it?

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Mon June 17th, 2013, 1:32 pm

I've pretty much given up on this idea -- it would cost too much, given the interest.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Sat June 29th, 2013, 9:43 am

I was talking about this before MDF. I say: A: It must be white ink on black canvas B: must be true to only black, crust, grind, death and thrash. Perhaps a super sweet piece like the world extermination piece but more genre encompassing. like a funny but serious collage. That would be a sweet back piece. There should be a smaller front patch too.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Sat June 29th, 2013, 9:45 am

Knucklehead wrote:I've pretty much given up on this idea -- it would cost too much, given the interest.
nah man, we just need someone to draw the original piece like Ryan or Sam. Then get one of our buddies to print them, I know Jamie in Bham does screen printing, or Mike Tunno from ex-SOT.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sat June 29th, 2013, 9:55 am

I'd get a smaller patch and would sew it on my vest somewhere. I got a few local band patches and buttons on it, I love representing what Atlanta has cause it's good shit.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

TheUltimateBohab

Post by TheUltimateBohab » Fri September 13th, 2013, 2:43 pm

Did not see one patch for Wintersun, Arsis, FleshgodApocalypse or Starkill at there last show here! I don't know if it's just me but I find patches to be quite rare to see in bandmerch, then again it could just be my horrible vision and ADD making it difficult for me to find anything anyway... :?
\m/ !!More Metal Than You!! \m/

SadisticRitual

Post by SadisticRitual » Fri September 13th, 2013, 11:19 pm

Totally forgot about this, but I recently finished the back of my vest with my ATL THRASH strip patch. Lookin sweet!

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Sat September 14th, 2013, 9:20 am

SadisticRitual wrote:Totally forgot about this, but I recently finished the back of my vest with my ATL THRASH strip patch. Lookin sweet!
Picture?