i'm getting old and tired of being broke!!!

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Wed July 21st, 2004, 12:33 pm

i recently lost my job and i'm totally broke at the moment. and as many of you know my band has broken up recently so i'm thinking of doing the unthinkable!!!

GETTING A REAL JOB!!! :m0nk3yp33:

one where i have to be groomed and wear long sleeves everyday to cover my tattoos. for those of you that know me you know how much i enjoy a good face full of hair and you've probably never seen me in longsleeves b/c i'm never cold. i'd also have to start fixing my hair, and that NEVER happens. :m0nk3yp33:

when the band was around i always had enough love to stay broke so i could go on tour at the drop of a hat...but now i'm getting married and the bands gone so i need a real job, at least for a little while. but i must say, i'm really not into the thought of changing who i am for one.........but whaddya do???? :wh4cky:

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Wed July 21st, 2004, 9:46 pm

Sucks having to re-join the real world for a while doesn't it?

I'm afraid the only job where you can look like what you're describing is rock star unfortunately.

BoB

Post by BoB » Thu July 22nd, 2004, 6:41 am

'm afraid the only job where you can look like what you're describing is rock star unfortunately.
Well, computer people come in all varieties and weirdnesses. And that job market is making somewhat of a rebound...

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Thu July 22nd, 2004, 1:39 pm

Yeah, but unless blaze is a really good programmer or webdesigner hes going to have to look all nice for a computer job. Start a business or something, open a McDonalds haha, like there isnt enough.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Tue July 27th, 2004, 4:55 pm

well, i got me some nice clothes, shaved the face and fixed the hair for an interview the other day..........and then my brakes fell out of my truck while i was flying down 75 to get to the interview. i took it as Gods way of saying to screw that job. fortunatly i started a job today that i can look basically anyway i want to and i won't have to wear long sleeves everyday to cover my tattoos

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Tue July 27th, 2004, 10:49 pm

I though you hada shaved head, or real close to it...maybe im just used to seeing you with a hat on. I cut all my hair off, i like it a lot better.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Wed July 28th, 2004, 3:16 pm

well, i usually shave it and then let it grow for about 5 or six months and then just shave it again but now i have a fiance that is a hairdresser so she likes to try to cut it and make me look a little more trendy. so i usually just put on a hat! ;)

yeah, i enjoy a shaved head.........i like long hair but i'm not into going through all the pain of growing it out again. it used to be pretty long and it just takes so long for me to grow mine out. it grows really fast but i have shirley temple hair so all the length just goes into really tight spiral curls.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Mon August 9th, 2004, 3:25 am

What kind of job did you get?

I was thinking "heck, you can't work in Little Five Points and NOT have weird hair and tattoos," but that'd be a serious (and backwards) commute. :D
Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Mon August 9th, 2004, 5:18 pm

i've thought about trying to get a job down there in lil' 5, but for the most part trendy people piss me off..........so it'd probably be a bad scene after a while. i like lil' 5, but i just don't think i would like "having" to be there

and i was trying to get a sales job with this big construction company, but my car blew up on the interstate on the way to the interview and screwed that option. so now i'm washing windows

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed August 11th, 2004, 12:30 pm

I work at Domino's and they don't care about how you look, as long as you wear their uniform properly. I just showed up with my application, and the manager gave me the paperwork to start that day. Oh yeah, and I make about $10 an hour delivering pizza.:drum:

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Thu August 12th, 2004, 2:04 am

Speaking as one who has worked in pizza like others work in oil, acrylics or watercolors :lol: ...pizza delivery is actually a pretty decent job. You can listen to tunes all day, it doesn't involve a lot of standing, and the money, after you add mileage and tips to your hourly pay, is pretty good. (We had a driver at my old Dominos -- the Loop Store in Marietta -- who was making $40,000 a year after everything. He was our Mon-Fri steady daytime driver.) There were times when I'd forget to cash my not-huge paycheck because, between tips and mileage, I was raking in lotsa cash each night.

You have to have a decent car -- not fast, but dependable -- and be a good driver. Again, not a fast driver, but someone who knows the best ways to get around without getting in trouble doing it.

I've delivered for Dominos, PizzaTheHutt and a local chain, Primo's. If I wasn't stuck with an office job, or I had to find another job, I'd consider doing it again.
Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM