Desaster
Ahab
Deep Purple ~'72
CCR ~'70
W.A.S.P. - Before Jesus found his way into Blackies black heart

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Sat January 4th, 2014, 11:48 pm

Thrashmania wrote:Metallica ~83
A friend of mine saw them right around this time. In fact, they were opening for Raven on the Kill 'Em All for One tour. I try not to hate him for that. Honestly.

But sometimes, I want to punch him in the wiener.

I say that with love.

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Sun January 5th, 2014, 12:58 pm

Point him out, I'll gladly murder him.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Sun January 5th, 2014, 2:58 pm

Thrashmania wrote:Point him out, I'll gladly murder him.
Funny part is, he's a friend of yours, too.

I probably should have just gone to bed last night after the first bourbon.

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Sun January 5th, 2014, 4:10 pm

I HAVE NO FRIENDS!

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon January 6th, 2014, 8:00 am

Knucklehead wrote:
Gonna go ahead and assume I know who this is... saw Priest on the Stained Class tour as well? That bastard...
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

Holiday Rambler

Post by Holiday Rambler » Mon January 6th, 2014, 1:06 pm

Beatles. 1961, The Top Ten Club, Hamburg. Nothing but angry ex-Nazi Germans around me, and I'm fucking hammered.

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Mon January 6th, 2014, 1:31 pm

Ryan wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:
Gonna go ahead and assume I know who this is... saw Priest on the Stained Class tour as well? That bastard...
WHO THE FUCK?!?

sleyja

Post by sleyja » Mon January 6th, 2014, 9:50 pm

Thrashmania wrote:
Ryan wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:
WHO THE FUCK?!?
aaaaannnd Rainbow Long Live Rock and Roll, and Sabbath Mob Rules/Heaven and Hell, and both Ozzy tours with Randy Rhoads (second row) and Mercyful Fate with Motorhead and Exciter, The British Invasion Tour with Iron Maiden, Saxon, and Fastway. Biff Byford snuck me in after he saw me trying to squeeze through a locked door. I saw Queensryche on their first tour right after they put out that killer first EP. The next night I ran into them at a Steppenwolf show at some dive. Budgie several times, Riot several times, Rush all tours from 78-83, Sabbath in '79 with Van Halen etc. etc...

I saw a lot of awesome shows, but I'm still bummed I blew my chance to see Thin Lizzy twice.

Priest played SA Texas twice on that Stained Class tour. I was too young for the first one. It was at some club out in the boonies. Luckily the second one was at an arena. I forget who they opened for. Rainbow maybe? The Hell Bent for Leather tour was tops!

Me and my buddy got a high five from Cliff Burton and he immediately asked if we had any pills. Ha. I had forgotten about the pills bit until I was reminded a couple of years ago. My buddy bought him a whiskey instead. I remember he looked tired. There were probably 25 people at that show and half of them were from out of town. I was surprised as both Metallica and Raven got a lot of airplay in San Antonio. I met some cool dudes from Houston that night. We blasted Twisted Sister and Satan's Jokers in the parking lot and drank a lot of Houston beer.

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Tue January 7th, 2014, 7:52 am

sleyja wrote:
Thrashmania wrote:
Ryan wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:
WHO THE FUCK?!?
aaaaannnd Rainbow Long Live Rock and Roll, and Sabbath Mob Rules/Heaven and Hell, and both Ozzy tours with Randy Rhoads (second row) and Mercyful Fate with Motorhead and Exciter, The British Invasion Tour with Iron Maiden, Saxon, and Fastway. Biff Byford snuck me in after he saw me trying to squeeze through a locked door. I saw Queensryche on their first tour right after they put out that killer first EP. The next night I ran into them at a Steppenwolf show at some dive. Budgie several times, Riot several times, Rush all tours from 78-83, Sabbath in '79 with Van Halen etc. etc...

I saw a lot of awesome shows, but I'm still bummed I blew my chance to see Thin Lizzy twice.

Priest played SA Texas twice on that Stained Class tour. I was too young for the first one. It was at some club out in the boonies. Luckily the second one was at an arena. I forget who they opened for. Rainbow maybe? The Hell Bent for Leather tour was tops!

Me and my buddy got a high five from Cliff Burton and he immediately asked if we had any pills. Ha. I had forgotten about the pills bit until I was reminded a couple of years ago. My buddy bought him a whiskey instead. I remember he looked tired. There were probably 25 people at that show and half of them were from out of town. I was surprised as both Metallica and Raven got a lot of airplay in San Antonio. I met some cool dudes from Houston that night. We blasted Twisted Sister and Satan's Jokers in the parking lot and drank a lot of Houston beer.
Fuck you, you fucking fuck.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue January 7th, 2014, 8:00 am

sleyja wrote:I'm still bummed I blew my chance to see Thin Lizzy twice.
I would be bummed about that too. Shit, I'm bummed FOR you, haha.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Tue January 7th, 2014, 12:17 pm

I never got to see Exciter with Beehler. I'm kinda bummed about that.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun January 12th, 2014, 7:36 pm

That's a tough one. Definitely Emperor again. Death with Chuck Schuldiner. Metallica before Cliff Burton died. @Sleyja - damn I'm jealous haha
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Sat March 8th, 2014, 8:09 am

Knucklehead wrote:The Dead-era lineup of Mayhem.
God damn it, me too