Atlanta guide april & may

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

zla vydra

Post by zla vydra » Mon March 3rd, 2014, 12:18 pm

Wenn du ankommst, shick' mir mal ein PM. Ich wohne zur Zeit in Alpharetta, und wenn ich zu Konzerten gehe, kannst du ja mitkommen. Deutsch hab' ich vor vielen Jahren in Wien studiert. Ich habe es aber schon lange nicht mehr gesprochen.

Tomhet

Post by Tomhet » Mon March 3rd, 2014, 4:17 pm

zla vydra wrote:Wenn du ankommst, shick' mir mal ein PM. Ich wohne zur Zeit in Alpharetta, und wenn ich zu Konzerten gehe, kannst du ja mitkommen. Deutsch hab' ich vor vielen Jahren in Wien studiert. Ich habe es aber schon lange nicht mehr gesprochen.

Hammer! Mach ich sehr gerne, is ja genial was man hier schon vorab für Leute trifft! :D

Stammst du auch aus Oesterreich und bist ausgewandert oder wie verschlägt es dich nach Atlanta?

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Mon March 3rd, 2014, 4:41 pm

Ich habe meine Hose grün Gelees
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Tomhet

Post by Tomhet » Tue March 4th, 2014, 4:29 am

melkor wrote:Ich habe meine Hose grün Gelees
uuhh, okay..?! ...what? :D :D

Something seems to be wrong with your trousers - I got that part :D

Diana

Post by Diana » Wed March 5th, 2014, 12:48 pm

Tomhet wrote:
zla vydra wrote:Wenn du ankommst, shick' mir mal ein PM. Ich wohne zur Zeit in Alpharetta, und wenn ich zu Konzerten gehe, kannst du ja mitkommen. Deutsch hab' ich vor vielen Jahren in Wien studiert. Ich habe es aber schon lange nicht mehr gesprochen.
Hammer! Mach ich sehr gerne, is ja genial was man hier schon vorab für Leute trifft! :D

Stammst du auch aus Oesterreich und bist ausgewandert oder wie verschlägt es dich nach Atlanta?
HOORAY!! I knew we could do it! :D

Three cheers for zla vydra!!!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Tomhet

Post by Tomhet » Wed March 5th, 2014, 4:17 pm

Diana wrote:
Tomhet wrote:

HOORAY!! I knew we could do it! :D

Three cheers for zla vydra!!!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Definitly, three is not enough - I'm really glad! I'm looking forward to meet some of you, as soon as I'm free from work. 3 weeks to go.. 8)

Is anyone else here from Alpharetta?

zla vydra

Post by zla vydra » Thu March 6th, 2014, 9:38 am

Tomhet wrote:
zla vydra wrote:
Nein, ich stamme nicht aus Oesterreich, sondern Texas. Ich habe in den 90er Jahren eine laengere Zeit in Europa verbracht - eins in Deutschland/Oesterreich und 2 in Tschechien. Ich lebe jetzt schon lange in Georgia.

Mercyful_Nate

Post by Mercyful_Nate » Thu March 6th, 2014, 8:22 pm

Ja! Ich wohne in Alpharetta! Ich sehe du wanderst gern. (correct german?) I know some good places to go hiking in the North GA mountains. Also I've been listening to this german band Nawaharjan lately. Real good stuff!
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/4KOhY_2YutU?version=3 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/4KOhY_2YutU?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Tomhet

Post by Tomhet » Fri March 7th, 2014, 2:26 am

Mercyful_Nate wrote:Ja! Ich wohne in Alpharetta! Ich sehe du wanderst gern. (correct german?) I know some good places to go hiking in the North GA mountains. quote]

Hey, yes absolutly correct, both the statement and the grammar ;)
I'm surprised at how many of you know how to speak German so well.

I am going to go hiking in the Southwest after my internship - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion, Monument Valley,... - so thats one of my greatest hobbies beside music and the drums.

It would be a pleasure if you'll show me some hikes in the north of Atlanta - it's always more fun to do it with somebody well known of the environment!

The Band sounds good, I did not know them before.

Listen to this good German BM Band from my city

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeqAS9A8aMw
(Oh I could spam you the whole day with music from around where I live.. :lol: )

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Fri March 7th, 2014, 7:11 am

What do you call a person who speaks three languages?

Trilingual

What do you call a person who speaks two languages?

Bilingual

What do you call a person who speaks one language?

American

Mercyful_Nate

Post by Mercyful_Nate » Fri March 7th, 2014, 10:32 am

Tomhet wrote: I am going to go hiking in the Southwest after my internship - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion, Monument Valley,... - so thats one of my greatest hobbies beside music and the drums.

It would be a pleasure if you'll show me some hikes in the north of Atlanta - it's always more fun to do it with somebody well known of the environment!

The Band sounds good, I did not know them before.

Listen to this good German BM Band from my city
Good band! I haven't known very many bands that have their names fully in Deutsche, so that's pretty cool!

That's pretty lucky that you get to go hiking in all those cool places, the American west is really amazing when it comes to the landscape.

Tomhet

Post by Tomhet » Fri March 7th, 2014, 12:26 pm

Well, there are at least more bilingual americans than I expected :D

I'll probably show you some more bands when I arrive.

I just got an update from my foundation:
Good and (not so) bad news. It seems as if I will lodge in the Kennesew State University student facility and not in a host family near my job in Alpharetta.
BUT I just got a letter containing that I'll get a Car from the host company for the two months. :D :D
By now I am not definitly sure if I am allowed to drive with it where I want to, but these are good news and I will figure it out.

I hope that our arrangements regarding hiking and concerts still count as I am in Alpharetta at least once a workday - and I think the distance is just half an hour ;)
Now I'm probably just a lot more independent!

Mercyful_Nate

Post by Mercyful_Nate » Fri March 7th, 2014, 1:05 pm

If you wanna go do some hiking just drive on over to Alpharetta when you have some time and we'll take my truck up the mountains.

Tomhet

Post by Tomhet » Sat March 8th, 2014, 6:20 am

Mercyful_Nate wrote:If you wanna go do some hiking just drive on over to Alpharetta when you have some time and we'll take my truck up the mountains.
cool, I'll come back to this! 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pyUrJnkpnk
Here is some German Doom BM, if that is conveniant ;)

Diana

Post by Diana » Sat March 8th, 2014, 7:38 am

Tomhet wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pyUrJnkpnk
Here is some German Doom BM, if that is conveniant ;)
This is right up my alley: jangly and unintelligible with a slight aroma of the Cure. That hits the spot!

Brian, I insist that you listen to this track immediately. And then lend me 100 Euros for the CD. THX