Blood Freak members die in Van crash.

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Matt

Blood Freak members die in Van crash.

Post by Matt » Thu August 18th, 2005, 7:29 pm

"It is a very, very sad day for Razorback Records and the whole Horror Hive. We received a call today from Jason Grinter's wife, Martha, that Jason and the rest of Blood Freak died in a horrible car accident sometime over the weekend. They had left Anaheim, Blood Freak's hometown, on Friday morning and were driving to Seattle so they could begin recording their long-awaited second album, "Live Fast, Die Young, & Leave a Flesh-Eating Corpse," this week. The album was to have been the second released by Razorback Records. Jason and the boys were about to head into Portland when something went wrong and their rented van veered off the road. Tragically, all three passengers were killed in the crash. Exactly what went "wrong" with Blood Freak's van isn't known yet. We hope to have more details soon. What we do know is that Razorback Records and the Horror Hive mourns the deaths of our fellow gore-hounds in Blood Freak, a band that rose out of the obscurity of the '80s/early-'90s death metal/goregrind underground only to be lost before its time."

go to razorback records site to read more. but Blood Freak was a good pioneering goregrind, right up the same alley as general surgery, repulsion, and early carcass.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Thu August 18th, 2005, 7:40 pm

Find a credible (From an actual news site) article on this and I'll believe it. I think this some sort of hoax to give some sort of lengendary status to a band that's a gimmick.

Appparently their CD contained 2 demos recorded in the 80's with a good production (Esp. by 80's standards)...and miraciously NOBODY ever heard this band til Razorback record dug them up from the grave in 2003!

The production sounds kinda like the production heard on such bands as: Frightmare, Lord Gore, Fornicator, Whore...hey, wait a minute, all of those bands are from Oregon...and share members! :roll:

Also, I've looked on local news sites to the area and havent found ANYTHING on this. 3 people dying in a van crash would get SOME sort of story.

andyb

Post by andyb » Thu August 18th, 2005, 7:46 pm

im not to familiar with that band, but it always sucks to here news like this. people doing what they love and leaving loved ones behind.
hope you all fucking rot

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri August 19th, 2005, 1:16 am

AmoebicDysentery wrote:Find a credible (From an actual news site) article on this and I'll believe it. I think this some sort of hoax to give some sort of lengendary status to a band that's a gimmick.

i thought it might be a hoax too, but im not sure. i do like the disc they put out on razorback.

soulvoid

Post by soulvoid » Fri August 19th, 2005, 3:23 pm

Lord Gore , GREAT BAND!!! BRING ON THE GORE

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Thu August 25th, 2005, 2:02 pm

If it's a hoax, shame on the label.

If it's true, then I guess they lived fast, died young, and maybe left flesh-eating corpses. :(

(The alleged CD title is what triggered the "hey, this sounds fishy" alarm for me.)

andyb

Post by andyb » Thu August 25th, 2005, 3:21 pm

what is the alleged cd title? what tipped you off?
hope you all fucking rot

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Thu August 25th, 2005, 3:34 pm

It's a hoax.

http://slashermetal.com/bloodfreak

There is some truth to that horribly written "biography". Apparently it's not a band, but just one guy. He's the one constant member of all the bands I listed above. This guy is maybe in his mid 20's or so, so the angle of the band being an overlooked and forgotten jem of the late 80's and early 90's is also just a gimmick.

This is the same record label that has a Carcass worship band that is apparently made up of medical examiners...the bassist being an attractive female. When the female left the band to persue her pathological studies, she was alledgedly replaced by a 60 year old guy...

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat August 27th, 2005, 6:24 pm

yeah the county medical examiners, they did a split with general surgery on razorback.