Zines

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Brian
WREKage Staff

Zines

Post by Brian » Wed April 2nd, 2014, 10:22 am

Does anyone else here read them? I used to buy one or two a month for a couple years but have majorly slowed down over the past year or two. Chips & Beer, Call From the Grave (issue 2 out today, highly recommended), War on All Fronts, and Kaleidoscope are my current favorites. That Isten book coming out soon looks to be a total MONSTER too.

Edit: forgot The Sinister Flame

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Wed April 2nd, 2014, 11:11 am

Definitely picking up the new Call From the Grave. Witchcraft Mag is pretty cool. More gloss than content I think though. Huge foldout posters are a plus. Liked the one copy of Chromium Dioxide (Chips & Beer Lite) that I thumbed through. Don't know War On All Fronts. Will check it out.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed April 2nd, 2014, 11:15 am

There's a few that I read infrequently. Guess I'm writing a recurring article for You Pose, But Why? now so I'll continue to have copies of those for any grinding maniacs who wish to hurt their ears

C&B obviously
Headsplit Rekords just started doing one which rules
Maximum RnR
Shot, Fast, Loud
Evil Minded
You Pose, But Why? (Got a few copies of issue 1, comes with a flexi disc with some rad noise on it.)
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Wed April 2nd, 2014, 7:39 pm

Picked up a copy of Death Wound Zine #2 a little while back. Not overly impressed.