Shartwork

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Mon March 9th, 2015, 5:36 pm

Diana wrote:because sometimes the mailmen get pissy when I write things like "Knucklehead" on the envelope.
We did receive your Christmas card, this year -- we were just extremely unorganized. We'll double down next year, so expect bonus material.
badcarburetor's band Moreland Wrecks will be playing!
We saw them play this weekend. They were good fun and you slugs should check them out.

Diana

Post by Diana » Tue March 10th, 2015, 3:10 pm

Knucklehead wrote:We did receive your Christmas card, this year -- we were just extremely unorganized.
Did you do the connect-the-dots? Were your kids disappointed? We got scolded by a 5 year old: "They could have done better."

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu April 2nd, 2015, 7:11 am

Here's the FB Event for the show at dooGALLERY:

https://www.I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS.com/events/810437115711823/

I had no idea so many of my friends count on these FB events to organize their lives...

Also last night I realized they spelled "hors d'oeuvres" wrong on the flier they sent me to use and now it's driving me FUCKING INSANE. GAAAAAHHH!!

Thank you for your time.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Wed April 29th, 2015, 11:30 pm

I just remembered this is a thing.

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu April 30th, 2015, 5:51 am

ratanda wrote:I just remembered this is a thing.
HOORAY! Well here's hoping you remember tomorrow too. :D

Remember kids: Wear a patch vest and receive a special indoctrination patch to a very elite secret society. (Sorry Nyarlathotep, you already have one. But I'll give you another one! Extra Elite.)

Badcarburetor's band Moreland Wrecks will also be playing. I don't know what time or how many sets, but this thing is from 9-12. Be sure to get there by 9:30 to witness my nervous breakdown! Hooray!!

theRothstanator

Post by theRothstanator » Thu April 30th, 2015, 2:19 pm

Diana wrote:
ratanda wrote:I just remembered this is a thing.
HOORAY! Well here's hoping you remember tomorrow too. :D

Remember kids: Wear a patch vest and receive a special indoctrination patch to a very elite secret society. (Sorry Nyarlathotep, you already have one. But I'll give you another one! Extra Elite.)

Badcarburetor's band Moreland Wrecks will also be playing. I don't know what time or how many sets, but this thing is from 9-12. Be sure to get there by 9:30 to witness my nervous breakdown! Hooray!!
I'll be there. I will also be CATching the 7pm Acrocats performance at 7 Stages before heading over to Doo Gallery and some other people should come to that too!! Also, Diana, am I going to get a new elite patch?!?!
"Other than shame and guilt I am fine." - Melkor

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Thu April 30th, 2015, 6:16 pm

Diana wrote: (Sorry Nyarlathotep, you already have one. But I'll give you another one! Extra Elite.)
Patched up and ready to go.
Diana wrote: God damn fuckin shit
The Crawling Chaos

Diana

Post by Diana » Fri May 1st, 2015, 5:26 am

theRothstanator wrote:Also, Diana, am I going to get a new elite patch?!?!
Not only that, I'm bringing your birthday present too. Is it a month late...or is it eleven months EARLY??

Diana

Post by Diana » Sat May 2nd, 2015, 8:58 am

Oh my god, thank you guys for coming out! Y'all are the AWESOMEST.

Couple of apologies:

1. I don't know WTF that music was the first half of the night. Brandie didn't either, so we think it was the other featured artist's playlist. I worked really hard on mine and it KICKED ASS. :( They finally fired that up at 11.

2. I sold one final large piece at the end of the night, and that's when I found out they were apparently charging 10% to use credit cards! :x :x I owe you like $15, ratanda. I had no idea. She was using Square, and I know Square doesn't charge me 10% when I use it, so I don't know what the logic was behind that. Please everyone holler at me for your 10% refund because I don't know who else used cards. :(

Other than that, I had a blast. I don't know if I will ever do that again, but if I do you're all invited. :D

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Sun May 3rd, 2015, 10:23 pm

Diana wrote:Oh my god, thank you guys for coming out! Y'all are the AWESOMEST.

Couple of apologies:

1. I don't know WTF that music was the first half of the night. Brandie didn't either, so we think it was the other featured artist's playlist. I worked really hard on mine and it KICKED ASS. :( They finally fired that up at 11.

2. I sold one final large piece at the end of the night, and that's when I found out they were apparently charging 10% to use credit cards! :x :x I owe you like $15, ratanda. I had no idea. She was using Square, and I know Square doesn't charge me 10% when I use it, so I don't know what the logic was behind that. Please everyone holler at me for your 10% refund because I don't know who else used cards. :(

Other than that, I had a blast. I don't know if I will ever do that again, but if I do you're all invited. :D
You don't have to apologize for that. She originally charged me $175 with no explanation so I asked what the additional $25 was for. She said, "What? Oh sorry..." then made it $15 instead, still without explanation. So I asked again, sales tax, what? Eventually she told me it was for credit cards. I guess I don't mind, but it was weird she wouldn't just outright answer my question and was being somewhat evasive about it.

Diana

Post by Diana » Wed May 6th, 2015, 12:34 pm

Yeah, there was very little communication throughout this whole process. I won't bitch openly here, but if anyone else wants to be a Friday Featured Artist, hit me because I have many notes. :?

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Thu July 23rd, 2015, 6:11 pm

I don't think I saw this when it was new three years ago but this is fucking awesome

seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Thu July 23rd, 2015, 9:19 pm

The Beav is awesome. Ordered the new Chips & Beer today coincidentally

Diana

Post by Diana » Fri July 24th, 2015, 5:46 am

MS_39455 wrote:The Beav is awesome.
The Beav is my muse. I had no choice but to commemorate that image with an embroidered pillow.

And I did not know there was a new C&B. Off to order it now...

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Fri July 24th, 2015, 7:53 am

Diana wrote:
MS_39455 wrote:The Beav is awesome.
The Beav is my muse. I had no choice but to commemorate that image with an embroidered pillow.

And I did not know there was a new C&B. Off to order it now...
Whoa, even cooler. I had no idea this was a Dr. Craftenstein homage after the Hand of Beaver. Nice needlework.