open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Diana

Haunted Attractions, Y'all

Post by Diana » Wed October 8th, 2014, 8:20 am

The BFF and I have worked out our haunted events shedyool:

Netherworld 10/14
Atlanta Zombie Apocalypse 10/18

We plan to get there early for both. We're taking the BFF's 11 year old son who is totally rad and this will be his first time for both. He's super stoked.

Pro tips:

1. Get your Netherworld ticket ahead of time, get the combo ticket, and don't go on a Friday or Saturday. And get there early because the parking is no joke when it gets busy. Doors at 7:30 on weeknights, 7 on Fri & Sat. But don't go on Fri & Sat.

2. There's no real benefit to getting AZA tickets early because they lead you right to the ticket window. Also one time I rolled up and it was randomly closed because half the staff works on the Walking Dead and had to be somewhere, so I recommend buying at the door. I've heard the zombie paintball is much improved from the earlier version but I skip that and just do the two-part Apocalypse. Bring $3 for parking. If you are in flip-flops they will make you wear Loaner Shoes. Consider yourself warned! Doors at 8.

Holla at me if you want to join us, or look for us at the front of the line. I did both of these by myself last year because EVERYONE SUCKS, and I had a blast. HOORAY HALLOWEEN!!

Snowblind Sodomy

Post by Snowblind Sodomy » Wed October 8th, 2014, 8:30 pm

I know a lot of people who work AZA. Get your asses out there now, don't hesitate, don't weiner out. THIS IS THE LAST YEAR OF AZA. I know this to be true.
we smoked the teeth and hair of the wise man, that we might know as he does and share his sight

Nyarlathotep

Re: Haunted Attractions, Y'all

Post by Nyarlathotep » Wed October 8th, 2014, 9:10 pm

Diana wrote:The BFF and I have worked out our haunted events shedyool:

Netherworld 10/14
Atlanta Zombie Apocalypse 10/18
Unfortunately, I have class this Tuesday night, but we plan on joining you for AZA on the 18th.
Diana wrote: God damn fuckin shit
The Crawling Chaos

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu October 9th, 2014, 5:30 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:Unfortunately, I have class this Tuesday night, but we plan on joining you for AZA on the 18th.
YES. You will not regret this. It's the most fun ever.
Snowblind Sodomy wrote:I know a lot of people who work AZA. Get your asses out there now, don't hesitate, don't weiner out. THIS IS THE LAST YEAR OF AZA. I know this to be true.
QFT, looking at Strange and JägerWolf. :shock: :shock:

Diana

Post by Diana » Wed October 15th, 2014, 1:55 pm

Update: Netherworld still kicks ass.

There was a group in front of us that came up from Savannah. One of the guys was trying real hard to stay cool while he asked me questions like "They can't touch you, right?" "I mean like how scary is it. 1 to 10. Like how would you rate it." "Is it like Scary scary, or...." I don't know what answer he was looking for there. "How long is it?" "Has it started?" And his friend tried to stay cool while listening very intently to my answers.

Oh, I learned something new! To the left of the gift shop is a Scare Machine. You put a quarter in, watch the camera, choose someone to scare as they walk by, and mash the button. Then you watch as the prop launches out and scares the shit out of them. It rules.

Here's Agent Chili Bowl manning the button:
The prop is wearing a fedora which you can see at the bottom of the screen. We sank about 7 quarters into that machine.

But I totally forgot to ask Joy if she was working. :(

SATURDAY NIGHT: ATLANTA ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!! WOOOOOOT

Diana

Post by Diana » Sat October 18th, 2014, 6:35 am

Last night I was telling Chili Bowl that zombies can smell if you're in accelerated math -- it makes your brain juicy. I said, "I haven't done math in 20 years. YOU'RE SO DEAD." Nyarlathotep, if you could back me up on this tonight I'd appreciate it. You're a teacher so of course you would know all about this. THX

Everyone come out to AZA because it kicks ass. DON'T BE A WUSS.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sat October 18th, 2014, 3:25 pm

Diana wrote:Last night I was telling Chili Bowl that zombies can smell if you're in accelerated math -- it makes your brain juicy. I said, "I haven't done math in 20 years. YOU'RE SO DEAD." Nyarlathotep, if you could back me up on this tonight I'd appreciate it. You're a teacher so of course you would know all about this. THX

Everyone come out to AZA because it kicks ass. DON'T BE A WUSS.
I'm all over this.
Diana wrote: God damn fuckin shit
The Crawling Chaos

JägerWolf

Post by JägerWolf » Sat October 18th, 2014, 4:10 pm

heading out in a couple of hours for the AZA. I'll be there at 7ish-8ish o clock. Diana, check your text (if I got the right phone #).

Diana

Post by Diana » Wed October 22nd, 2014, 12:22 pm

AZA Update:

Apparently the paintball has gotten so huge that it absorbed the part where you get chased through the woods. So now there's only the building/parking lot chase for one price and the paintball for another price. Apparently the paintball also absorbed about half the zombies. Don't get me wrong, it still kicks ass! But evidently the paintball portion is now massive, so if you're into paintball you should probably check that out. Hurry, this is the last year!!

New Business:

1. JägerWolf has convinced us to go to Chambers of Horror on the 26th because he hears from a reliable source that last year it was awesome. (The website says 18 and up so I guess poor Chili Bowl is out of luck.) I think we managed to bully JägerWolf into being there early? Doors are at 8 so I'll be there around 7:45 ish. Jäger, this junk is $22. You better be right about this or IT'S YOUR ASS.

2. There's been some talk about maybe heading out to 13 Stories in Newnan, but of course the end of the season rapidly approaches. Have any of you guys been to this? Is it worth the hour+ drive? This sounds promising, from the FAQ section:

Q: Will I be separated from my group?

A: Maybe.

3. JägerWolf, Strange & Nyarlathotep: The last time I spoke to each of you, none had yet been to Netherworld and were still planning to go. If we could possibly wrangle this into one time slot, I could be persuaded to go again. I would make this sacrifice just for you, because you are my friends. *single tear*

Holla.

JägerWolf

Post by JägerWolf » Sun October 26th, 2014, 4:18 am

1. Bring some extra cash since we know we'll have to pay for parking. So stop by at the ATM and bring how much you feel you need (but recommend the amount needed to pay for parking AND the admission ticket). I will be there 7ish near 8ish. If I get there before you guys, I'll hang out and wait until the complete group of you shows up. If I were ya, I do the same so that way we can walk through the haunt together.

[Edit:] Or you can buy the tix online from their website.

2. I havent been there myself. So if budget and time allows, that's a HUGE maybe. But not guaranteed.

3. That would be lovely, but kind of same above. But on that fence again due to budget, I was thinking of going there on Nov. 2nd or the 7th (final night for them). But if CoH is a quick one, I guess we can hit up Netherworld. But we'll see.

Keep in touch by phone.

Diana

Post by Diana » Wed October 29th, 2014, 12:07 pm

Belated Chambers update:

Sorry, not good at computer on days off.

JägerWolf's source was solid on Chambers of Horror. It's good! Some parts are confusing, such as all the times Logan had to feel the wall in front of him in the dark to figure out where we were going, but I suppose that probably adds to the Horror. A door shocked me, so that was cool, and it's definitely a tight squeeze in there so you're always having to dodge objects and monsters. I liked it and will plan to go back next year.

The merch table had flyers for the 13 Stories haunted house. I asked if anyone had been and heard some yeses. So I said "Is it good?" Blank stares. "Like is it worth the hour plus drive?" "Well.... I mean... it's okay..." the gentleman speaking to me will not look me in the eye, "you know, if you like regular haunted houses I guess." I'm gonna go with Not Worth The Drive.

New Business:

We will be at Netherworld, Nov. 2 around 8:30 ish. I have never gone on the last night before, so I don't know how hellish the line will be. But 8:30 is what works for us that night. I am very generously attending for the second time this year because that's the kind of selfless person that I am. *single tear* Join us!