Who books shows in Atlanta?

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

grogrogrog

Who books shows in Atlanta?

Post by grogrogrog » Mon October 13th, 2014, 1:20 pm

We are getting left behind with metal tours. Inquisition has skipped this city twice, Behemoth, and now the Mayhem/Watain/Revenge tour. Whoever is booking shows is completely missing the mark. Can I get into business as a booking agent? Is it that hard?

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Mon October 13th, 2014, 2:28 pm

Bummed about not having those tours come through town as well, but getting skipped on a few major tours after all of those bands, excluding Revenge, have been here in recent years (some many times consecutively) is hardly missing the mark. And I know at least two of those tours that you've mentioned have been contacted multiple times by locals here, so it's not for a lack of trying. I can only speak for about the last ten years in the city, but I think it's way, way better now than even just a few years ago.

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Mon October 13th, 2014, 3:26 pm

Mayhem/Watain/Revenge is flat out skipping the entire SE all the way past Texas. Nothing anyone could have done for that except drop a million dollars to convince them otherwise.

Edit: You should come out to Hobbs Angel of Death on the 27th. That one isn't skipping Atlanta. :P

spookyapplesauce
WRAS Staff

Post by spookyapplesauce » Wed March 4th, 2015, 8:17 pm

A lot of metal shows lately have been booked by Amos of Death of Kings. He's started his own booking and promotion company called A. Rippin' Production. He brought Hobbs Angel of Death, and has Artillery booked for 4/20. Hit him up through the I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS page or, preferably, at arippinproduction@gmail.com.

Odinson666

Post by Odinson666 » Thu March 5th, 2015, 8:08 am

a lot of the bands I have talked to especially from Europe, say that they loose money when touring the States, so they have to play shows where they know they are going to pull at least a 1000 people or they are not going to break even, many have had bad experiences in the South and most do not consider Atlanta to be a major market,
some of the bigger package tours don't have as much to loose if they are being backed by Revolver magazine or someone who is putting up the dough,
A good example is Yob and Enslaved are swinging through the Earl, that tour in Chicago, San Francisco, Dallas or New York is hitting a venue twice or three times that size

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Fri March 6th, 2015, 2:49 am

I hear Jacque Renault is booking shows right now! Contacts here!
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Odinson666

Post by Odinson666 » Fri March 6th, 2015, 7:15 am

playing One- Eyed Jacks is like playing the Clermont , it's filled with whores and oke