Longest Song Title Competition

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Diana

Longest Song Title Competition

Post by Diana » Sat February 21st, 2015, 4:55 pm

Today I decided to find out who had the longest song title in my collection!

I figured Dodsferd had this on lock. Those mofos just keep typing until they're done, i.e. "You Were Talking About A Kingdom; What The Fuck Is That!!!!" So my money was on them.

But I should have predicted that it would quickly became a fierce battle between Merrimack and Inquisition. Because Merrimack never met a song title it couldn't double in length with parenthetical additions, and Inquisition is pretty much just fucking with us.

So imagine my surprise to find that the Longest Title (on my laptop) Award goes to GWAR for "A Short History Of The End Of The World (Part VII (The Final Chapter (Abbr.)))" I was not expecting that.

Anybody got one longer? I think Finland is holding out on us.

ScreamBloodyGore

Post by ScreamBloodyGore » Sun February 22nd, 2015, 1:08 pm

Any title from any Bal-Sagoth album.
Thanks,
SBG

RAM

Post by RAM » Sun February 22nd, 2015, 2:42 pm

Longest song title I've ever seen was an American Heritage song, and it's a bit of a mouthful:

"The Psychoreactive Flow in Cavernous Passages Under the Villas, Manors, Castles, Haciendas, and Mansions of the Superpredator Class Has Poisoned the Potato Crops and Caused Eyes to Blaze with Blind Tuber Rage"

Strange

Post by Strange » Sun February 22nd, 2015, 7:02 pm

My personal favorite is, "The Misinterpretation of Silence and its Disastrous Consequences," by Type O Negative.
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

Diana

Post by Diana » Tue February 24th, 2015, 12:51 pm

RAM wrote:Longest song title I've ever seen was an American Heritage song, and it's a bit of a mouthful:

"The Psychoreactive Flow in Cavernous Passages Under the Villas, Manors, Castles, Haciendas, and Mansions of the Superpredator Class Has Poisoned the Potato Crops and Caused Eyes to Blaze with Blind Tuber Rage"
I think we have our winner.