Open Air
8%
Indoor
92%

Total votes: 13

Thrashmania

Open Air vs Indoor

Post by Thrashmania » Fri August 7th, 2015, 8:50 am

Bringing this post to you metalheads too. Which do you prefer? Open Air or Indoor stages.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Fri August 7th, 2015, 12:31 pm

Voted indoor, but seen a few unforgettable outdoor shows: deafening Blind Guardian singalong in the Julian Alps with a full harvest moon over the eastern horizon and lightning crazed thunderheads over the west, Bolt Thrower in a freezing C(harm) City summer time downpour, fucking King Diamond last week with just a handful of friends and acquaintances. Smoke filled, beer soaked, broken shitter in a tiny dark bar is my preference though.
Last edited by MS_39455 on Fri August 7th, 2015, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diana

Post by Diana » Fri August 7th, 2015, 12:33 pm

Indoor. I like toilets and air conditioning, and I am allergic to the sun. Also I am very old. Thank you.

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Fri August 7th, 2015, 12:56 pm

Seeing bands in the middle of the Sierra Nevadas with nothing but forest and mountains around was pretty fucking great. And I imagine if Full Metal Mountain actually got some decent bands, Id enjoy the snow filled mountain scenery too. I just hate it when wind carries the music away, or forces the muffled muddy sound. 9 times outta 10, indoor reigns supreme.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Fri August 7th, 2015, 1:57 pm

Outside in the daylight is just the totally wrong vibe. For metal, anyway.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Fri August 7th, 2015, 3:23 pm

underground in a cave
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Fri August 7th, 2015, 5:28 pm

melkor wrote:underground in a cave
i mean like a real cave submerged in soil and sedimentary striated bedrock --- not a hole honed in the side of a hill, but a cavern narrow and deep, where the air is aging and stale from the aeons of aerobic aspiration of invisible organisms; where there is no circadian cycle and no certainly no seasons; where only lamps can provide light, and only splashes sound; where darkness dwells and demons howl; where there is only one way in and no way out.
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri August 7th, 2015, 9:17 pm

in someone's smelly basement, all the way.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Mon August 10th, 2015, 7:50 pm

Ryan wrote:in someone's smelly basement, all the way.

Some of the best shows I've been to were totally cramped, uncomfortable and smelled worse than the men's locker room.
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Sun August 16th, 2015, 1:15 am

Favorite venue of all time is Drunken Unicorn. Municipal Waste with Iron Lung in '09, D666 whenever that was, Watain with Angelcorpse and Nachtmystium in '07, Opening for Brutal Truth and chiefing with Dan Lilker. Can't beat it to me.

V-GER

Post by V-GER » Thu August 20th, 2015, 10:25 am

Indoor, haven't really seen an epic outdoor show yet...

theRothstanator

Post by theRothstanator » Fri August 21st, 2015, 11:24 am

Thrashmania wrote:Seeing bands in the middle of the Sierra Nevadas with nothing but forest and mountains around was pretty fucking great.
That's immediately what popped into my head when thinking about this. It ruled, but we did also get snowed on and it was quite cold at night. I'd go with indoor for the most part. Ram's Head rules! I also have a soft spot for 529.
"Other than shame and guilt I am fine." - Melkor

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Sat August 22nd, 2015, 3:28 pm

Indoor

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Sat August 22nd, 2015, 3:28 pm

Azrael wrote:Favorite venue of all time is Drunken Unicorn. Municipal Waste with Iron Lung in '09, D666 whenever that was, Watain with Angelcorpse and Nachtmystium in '07, Opening for Brutal Truth and chiefing with Dan Lilker. Can't beat it to me.
Municipal Waste is the best live band ever

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Sun August 23rd, 2015, 7:59 am

theRothstanator wrote:
Thrashmania wrote:Seeing bands in the middle of the Sierra Nevadas with nothing but forest and mountains around was pretty fucking great.
That's immediately what popped into my head when thinking about this. It ruled, but we did also get snowed on and it was quite cold at night. I'd go with indoor for the most part. Ram's Head rules! I also have a soft spot for 529.
It was also pretty cool that there were big ass bonfires too