No posts from Dragoncon?

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Moloc

No posts from Dragoncon?

Post by Moloc » Sat September 5th, 2015, 3:35 pm

I never go, but I've always wanted to one day. David Silverman, from American Atheists, is going to be there, but I'll be seeing him tomorrow (and I won't have to pay $300 or whatever it is to get in to the Con).

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Sat September 5th, 2015, 8:09 pm

all tha kool kids in kleveland
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Tue September 8th, 2015, 10:54 am

I went. First time..was pretty awesome.

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Wed September 9th, 2015, 1:40 am

I went because I aint cool
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

Diana

Post by Diana » Wed September 9th, 2015, 12:14 pm

Generubin wrote:I went because I aint cool
Me neither, but I've been sick since LAST TUESDAY, and I woke up Friday feeling like shit. Went to the Con Saturday to load up on Con germs, woke up Sunday feeling even shittier and stayed home. Went up Monday to help everyone load out, found out that the art room and dealer room both closed at 3. So my grand total for the weekend: One mediocre Adult Swim panel, one beer. Oh and whatever that was that ratanda & I did shots of.

They need to cap those fucking tickets. It is too stupid crowded to do anything at all. I spent 20 minutes in the wrong goddamned people tube on Saturday because once you get in there's no bailing out. No one in our crew even made it into the dealer room because the line to GET INTO the room was around the building. Sorry Strange, if you were in there.

Spent some quality time with ratanda, ran into JägerWolf in a random hallway as always. Jäger I will see you before November because we will be handling our Netherworld & Chamber of Horrors business. Keep your calendar free. Rest In Peace, Zombie Apocalypse.

The End

Bitch

Post by Bitch » Sat September 12th, 2015, 1:24 am

Diana wrote:
Generubin wrote:I went because I aint cool
Me neither, but I've been sick since LAST TUESDAY, and I woke up Friday feeling like shit. Went to the Con Saturday to load up on Con germs, woke up Sunday feeling even shittier and stayed home. Went up Monday to help everyone load out, found out that the art room and dealer room both closed at 3. So my grand total for the weekend: One mediocre Adult Swim panel, one beer. Oh and whatever that was that ratanda & I did shots of.

They need to cap those fucking tickets. It is too stupid crowded to do anything at all. I spent 20 minutes in the wrong goddamned people tube on Saturday because once you get in there's no bailing out. No one in our crew even made it into the dealer room because the line to GET INTO the room was around the building. Sorry Strange, if you were in there.

Spent some quality time with ratanda, ran into JägerWolf in a random hallway as always. Jäger I will see you before November because we will be handling our Netherworld & Chamber of Horrors business. Keep your calendar free. Rest In Peace, Zombie Apocalypse.

The End

I went for the first time ever on Saturday and yes it was way too damn crowded. I didn't make it to the vendors either but must have just made it to the art show, I didn't know it closed that early and was late on my bills this month because I bought so many art prints. It wasn't that fun because I was holding them above my head trying not to get them crushed the entire time because so many people kept running in to me. I could barely walk in the endless sea of people. We waited in line for one panel just to get out of the crowd for 45 minutes and it was the American Ninja Warrior panel which turned out to be the most boring thing ever, and I'm mad I didn't get to see the the short film Thundercluck: Chicken of Thor, the only thing I really wanted to do. I''m not sure if I wanna go back next year or not. :(

Diana

Post by Diana » Sat September 12th, 2015, 5:39 am

Bitch wrote:I was holding them above my head trying not to get them crushed the entire time because so many people kept running in to me.
...which put the art prints at about chin level of the rest of the crowd. You are a wee thing, lucky to have survived. And don't worry, there's no way "Thundercluck: Chicken of Thor" lived up to that title.
Bitch wrote:I''m not sure if I wanna go back next year or not. :(
Me neither. But please believe I will still take the weekend off work. :D

theRothstanator

Post by theRothstanator » Wed September 16th, 2015, 4:20 pm

Diana wrote:But please believe I will still take the weekend off work. :D
Go to Cleveland next year! Headbash was fucking awesome and they are doing another one next year.
"Other than shame and guilt I am fine." - Melkor