Blood Incantation - Hidden His blah blah blah

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Azrael

Blood Incantation - Hidden His blah blah blah

Post by Azrael » Mon December 2nd, 2019, 8:30 am

That new Blood Incantation is getting tons of attention. It's sold over 4,000 copies since it came out. Our drummer mentioned it at practice Saturday so I finally checked it out this morning.

It's ok I guess. Sounds a lot like Incantation, which is pretty ballsy considering they used the word Incantation in their own name. The artwork looks pretty cool, looks like the art Hypocrisy wanted for the Arrival. The second song "The Giza Power Plant" was a LITERAL Ancient Aliens episode. That made me laugh my ass off. They straight up got stoned and watched some History Channel and started lifting concepts for their record. It even had a long Egyptian musical scale interlude which wasn't even half as good as anything Nile has been doing for 20 years. The last track is the 18 minute song. I turned it off once it got to the EXACT SAME modulated keyboard Pink Floyd uses on the song Time. There's a lot of shallow and derivative ideas on this record.

In closing say 4/10. If you enjoy it have fun.

zla vydra

Re: Blood Incantation - Hidden His blah blah blah

Post by zla vydra » Mon December 2nd, 2019, 10:40 am

Although I have nothing against shallow and derivative ideas, this doesn't make much of an impression. In any case, I prefer Spectral Voice.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Mon December 2nd, 2019, 11:57 am

zla vydra wrote:
Mon December 2nd, 2019, 10:40 am
In any case, I prefer Spectral Voice.
in any case, i prefer diSEMBOWELMENT

re: blood incantation, the demos are great and i liked starspawn, but i definitely have no stake in all the hype. i'll probably pick it up the next time i order from dark descent, but it's not on my shortlist.
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Mon December 2nd, 2019, 1:00 pm

I just wanted to come give an honest review. This is NOT the kind of thing a person wants to post on FB. Negative opinions don't fare well in that Echo Chamber of a website.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Tue February 4th, 2020, 9:30 pm

Azrael wrote:
Mon December 2nd, 2019, 1:00 pm
I just wanted to come give an honest review. This is NOT the kind of thing a person wants to post on FB. Negative opinions don't fare well in that Echo Chamber of a website.
I'm going to report you to your drummer and record labels.

zla vydra

Post by zla vydra » Tue February 18th, 2020, 12:29 pm

The buzz died pretty quickly. I haven't bothered to listen to it again since the week it came out. Just too much better shit already out there/coming out.