finlaggan studio

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

finlaggan studio

Post by melkor » Sat March 14th, 2020, 2:02 pm

a lot of the early (i.e. 90s) studio output of demoncy as well as the single demo of alex c's project haborym as well as an album by signs of dying are documented as being recorded or otherwise mixed or mastered at "Finlaggan." the geographic, chronological, and organizational proximity of these recordings leads me to believe that this location was probably somebody's house in the metro atlanta area or otherwise a metonym for the proprietor thereof. does anybody know who?
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Azrael

Re: finlaggan studio

Post by Azrael » Sun March 15th, 2020, 11:16 am

I messaged Evan. He says it was run by Ian, who played in Avulsion and played for a stint in Demoncy. I actually met Ian and Jesse when Evan used to live at Will's. Jesse is the original mind behind Demoncy. he wrote the entire first demo.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Sun March 15th, 2020, 12:25 pm

the very first rehearsal where they played impure blessings, with a different vocalist (not sure who), is fucking brutal. downtuned like robert would go back to during joined in darkness after doing standard tuning stuff for the first album. total death metal black metal darkness.
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Sun March 15th, 2020, 12:40 pm

I mentioned the thread to Evan. He says it was in Cobb County.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Sun March 15th, 2020, 1:42 pm

thanks bud. figured evan would know