Marijuana Compound Spurs Brain Cell Growth

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

BoB

Marijuana Compound Spurs Brain Cell Growth

Post by BoB » Fri October 14th, 2005, 2:50 pm

According to research done on some semi-lucky rats, a synthetic cannabinoid known as HU210 is spurring growth of brain cells. Scientists observered improved moods and decreased anxiety and depression in the rats. That's the 'good for the rat' part. The not so good part was that after 10 days of euphoria they were cut open - brain autopsies revealed neurogenesis, new neurons integrated into the brain. The scientists say that humans are far different from rats and may or may not exhibit the same effects. The point though is that more research should be done in humans.

So who wants to sign up as a research dummy? Just be careful about how they're going to measure progress... maybe somebody can just score some of this??? :mrgreen:

HU210 must be a hell of a lot better than the mountain and mexican stuff that finds its way here - otherwise there'd be a lot of geniuses on this board...

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Fri October 14th, 2005, 3:29 pm

Did you pull this article off the Six Feet Under band website? :lol:

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Sat October 15th, 2005, 12:16 pm

All hail the nugs.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat October 15th, 2005, 1:33 pm

yes!!!!! *agrees with necrodin*

Zane

Post by Zane » Sat October 15th, 2005, 8:29 pm

From all the former Deadheads I met, who only smoked weed, there could not be any possiblity that humans could benefit from pot smoking.

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Sat October 15th, 2005, 9:57 pm

From all the former Deadheads I met, who only smoked weed, there could not be any possiblity that humans could benefit from pot smoking.
Good call, because everyone who smokes is exactly like those deadheads you met. Any other stupid generalizations you care to make?

From all the retarded shit I read on these forums, all metalheads must be completely stupid and closeminded, and have some serious grammar and spelling issues.
Last edited by ProstheticHead12 on Sat October 15th, 2005, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

andyb

Post by andyb » Sat October 15th, 2005, 11:07 pm

i think its very healthy to smoke a little bit, the problems start when you get absolutly burnt out. i use to smoke a ton of weed but quit because i have shit i want to do in life. people that devote every second to gettin high are the idiots. but people to fuckin scared to let loose and try something a couple times are just as bad.
hope you all fucking rot

Zane

Post by Zane » Mon October 17th, 2005, 6:22 pm

ProstheticHead12 wrote:
Good call, because everyone who smokes is exactly like those deadheads you met. Any other stupid generalizations you care to make?

From all the retarded shit I read on these forums, all metalheads must be completely stupid and closeminded, and have some serious grammar and spelling issues.
Spoken like a true pothead. Go smoke a bowl you loser.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Mon October 17th, 2005, 6:42 pm

Maybe the problem is the longtime exposure to shitty music instead of the pot.

I'll agree with Level on this one.

andyb

Post by andyb » Mon October 17th, 2005, 10:15 pm

AmoebicDysentery wrote:Maybe the problem is the longtime exposure to shitty music instead of the pot.

I'll agree with Level on this one.
haha thanks man. but i still think its more of a weak mentality and no fuckin will power to do shit than anything else.
hope you all fucking rot

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Tue October 18th, 2005, 7:17 am

Nice try. I smoke on occasion, but I'm no pothead. Why are you being such a dick anyway? Not everyone who smokes is burntout, and not every metalhead is a closeminded grammatically challenged meathead. That's all I was trying to say.
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

Zane

Post by Zane » Tue October 18th, 2005, 7:50 pm

ProstheticHead12 wrote:
Nice try. I smoke on occasion, but I'm no pothead. Why are you being such a dick anyway? Not everyone who smokes is burntout, and not every metalhead is a closeminded grammatically challenged meathead. That's all I was trying to say.

Well, in reference to my first state ment about the deadheads, in was half joking, half serious. The fact is I don't think everyone who smokes pot is a hipppie burnout(only most of the people I knew happened to be, and that is the truth). In reference to the second statement, I was was taking offense to your post which to me at the time, seemed a bit aggressive, and I have a tendency to repond in like fashion at times. I truthfully don't care if people smoke pot or not, in fact I think it should be legal to do so. But please do not be fooled. There is absolutley no health benefit in pot smoking. My only argument is that people have a tendency to take studies like these, which involve compounds, and try to make the argument in favor of pot smoking in general. This opinion comes from personal experiences I've had with friends who try to justify pot smoking with a "I hear it's a bit healthy" argument. As for myself, If I get cancer and need chemo, I'll happily toke up so I don't starve like a close friend of mine.

andyb

Post by andyb » Tue October 18th, 2005, 11:06 pm

i think it is a little bit heatly mentally. it does help open your mind unless you go to the extreme and become burnt out. and not that this is relavent but i have read studies that showed that the damage done to the brain from smoking pot is reversible. they thought it killed brain cells like alchohol does. turns out it just slows them down untill your body processes all the fat that the thc is stored in. (i believe it took years to recover.)
hope you all fucking rot

Ghost of DarkWolfen

Post by Ghost of DarkWolfen » Thu October 27th, 2005, 1:12 am

Then does that mean that Mike is actually smart? Its news to me. :lol:

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Thu October 27th, 2005, 9:06 am

Forget the health benefits, this life is only temporal. I'm more concerned with my mental groove. KNEEL TO THE GROOVE.