PALACE

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Wireneck

Post by Wireneck » Wed October 26th, 2005, 7:57 pm

If you rolled back on the distortion a bit (for recording purposes) the guitar parts would be alot more defined. Bass could use some more mids to poke through the mix as well (800hz-1200khz). I suspect this was just a live cut and not really a "demo" though.
Performance overall could be alot tighter (get your drummer a click track). Guitars and vocs were ok. Certainly not my fav style of metal.

LeveLscream

Post by LeveLscream » Wed October 26th, 2005, 8:05 pm

Well, I thought it was pretty f'n heavy

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Sat November 5th, 2005, 5:49 pm

Wireneck wrote:If you rolled back on the distortion a bit (for recording purposes) the guitar parts would be alot more defined. Bass could use some more mids to poke through the mix as well (800hz-1200khz). I suspect this was just a live cut and not really a "demo" though.
Performance overall could be alot tighter (get your drummer a click track). Guitars and vocs were ok. Certainly not my fav style of metal.
Who the hell do you think you are, injecting thoughtful analysis into a discussion of a band's new material? Can't you just say 'it sucks' or 'it rules' like everyone else? :) :twisted:

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Sat November 5th, 2005, 6:23 pm

Wireneck wrote:Bass could use some more mids to poke through the mix as well (800hz-1200khz).
1200 kHz? 1200kHz = 1.2 MHz...i.e., MegaHertz...and you can't hear that...

donny

Post by donny » Sat November 5th, 2005, 6:56 pm

i can

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Sat November 5th, 2005, 8:06 pm

Fn Dan wrote: 1200 kHz? 1200kHz = 1.2 MHz...i.e., MegaHertz...and you can't hear that...

sorry couldn't resist....carry on.

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Sat November 5th, 2005, 9:31 pm

Fn Dan wrote:
Wireneck wrote:Bass could use some more mids to poke through the mix as well (800hz-1200khz).
That was obviously a typo.

stalindrummer

Post by stalindrummer » Sun November 6th, 2005, 12:07 am

Its just a bad recording. Its not one particular thing or instrument, ITS THE FUCKING RECORDING. If they get a better recording it will probably sound way better. You fucking shmucks! :)

palace of the fallen

Post by palace of the fallen » Sun November 6th, 2005, 1:29 am

Well, the recording that is posted up is just a rough mix, and also hasn't been mastered yet. It will be done soon though.

Wireneck

Post by Wireneck » Sun November 6th, 2005, 2:21 am

Not a typo at all. Maybe Im confused about what you are trying to say? Take a bass guitar track and do a 10db boost at 1200khz and then come back and tell me that you can't "hear" any change in the sound.

A quick google search brought up this site
Just one of many that has the "basic" freq table. This is accepted by most of the pro audio community.
An AC signal having a frequency of 1 kHz is within the range of human hearing. If a signal at this frequency is input to a headset or loudspeaker, the resulting tone has a pitch that falls into the so-called "audio midrange." An EM signal at a frequency of 1 kHz has a wavelength of 300 kilometers, or about 190 miles. The standard amplitude-modulation (AM) broadcast band extends from 535 kHz to 1,605 kHz. Some EM transmissions are made at millions of kHz.
Well, the recording that is posted up is just a rough mix, and also hasn't been mastered yet. It will be done soon though.
When I listen to music I like to think about it from all aspects. Performance/Production etc...sorry if its not "cool" to talk about production on here. Lets face it though, Metal is without a doubt one of the most production dependent genres that there is. Can you imagine all of your Century Media and Nuclear Blast albums without those oh so generic triggered drums?

:roll:

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Sun November 6th, 2005, 5:11 am

Wireneck wrote:
Not a typo at all. Maybe Im confused about what you are trying to say? Take a bass guitar track and do a 10db boost at 1200khz and then come back and tell me that you can't "hear" any change in the sound.

A quick google search brought up this site
Just one of many that has the "basic" freq table. This is accepted by most of the pro audio community.
An AC signal having a frequency of 1 kHz is within the range of human hearing. If a signal at this frequency is input to a headset or loudspeaker, the resulting tone has a pitch that falls into the so-called "audio midrange." An EM signal at a frequency of 1 kHz has a wavelength of 300 kilometers, or about 190 miles. The standard amplitude-modulation (AM) broadcast band extends from 535 kHz to 1,605 kHz. Some EM transmissions are made at millions of kHz.
When I listen to music I like to think about it from all aspects. Performance/Production etc...sorry if its not "cool" to talk about production on here. Lets face it though, Metal is without a doubt one of the most production dependent genres that there is. Can you imagine all of your Century Media and Nuclear Blast albums without those oh so generic triggered drums?

Unless you mean 1200 Hz then you are right. You would hear a change.
1200 kHz is way above human hearing.
Your link never mentions above 16kHz for a reason.
Human hearing is roughly 20Hz to 20kHz with variances from person to person.

Wireneck

Post by Wireneck » Sun November 6th, 2005, 11:25 am

I stand corrected sir. :lol: I did in fact mean 1200hz or 1khz.

andyb

Post by andyb » Sun November 6th, 2005, 1:11 pm

Wireneck wrote:

fuck triggers, that shit is for cheaters. if your listening to any cd and the drummer triggered his drums because he cant do it live, throw that shit away. (the only reason to trigger drums, if for consistency of sound. not for structure)
hope you all fucking rot

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Sun November 6th, 2005, 2:55 pm

Email sent.

stalindrummer

Post by stalindrummer » Sun November 6th, 2005, 3:26 pm

andyb wrote:
Wireneck wrote:

fuck triggers, that shit is for cheaters. if your listening to any cd and the drummer triggered his drums because he cant do it live, throw that shit away. (the only reason to trigger drums, if for consistency of sound. not for structure)
So you mean when incredible drummers such as Derek Roddy use triggers, they can't really play? I understand, you must really be good! Hey, so what band are you drumming for now?!!