open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Sun November 6th, 2005, 3:29 pm

stalindrummer wrote:
andyb wrote:
Wireneck wrote:
When I listen to music I like to think about it from all aspects. Performance/Production etc...sorry if its not "cool" to talk about production on here. Lets face it though, Metal is without a doubt one of the most production dependent genres that there is. Can you imagine all of your Century Media and Nuclear Blast albums without those oh so generic triggered drums?

:roll:
fuck triggers, that shit is for cheaters. if your listening to any cd and the drummer triggered his drums because he cant do it live, throw that shit away. (the only reason to trigger drums, if for consistency of sound. not for structure)
So you mean when incredible drummers such as Derek Roddy use triggers, they can't really play? I understand, you must really be good! Hey, so what band are you drumming for now?!!
Or you can learn to read better:
if your listening to any cd and the drummer triggered his drums because he cant do it live

stalindrummer

Post by stalindrummer » Sun November 6th, 2005, 4:35 pm

holly wrote:
stalindrummer wrote:
andyb wrote:
Wireneck wrote:
When I listen to music I like to think about it from all aspects. Performance/Production etc...sorry if its not "cool" to talk about production on here. Lets face it though, Metal is without a doubt one of the most production dependent genres that there is. Can you imagine all of your Century Media and Nuclear Blast albums without those oh so generic triggered drums?

fuck triggers, that shit is for cheaters. if your listening to any cd and the drummer triggered his drums because he cant do it live, throw that shit away. (the only reason to trigger drums, if for consistency of sound. not for structure)
So you mean when incredible drummers such as Derek Roddy use triggers, they can't really play? I understand, you must really be good! Hey, so what band are you drumming for now?!!
if your listening to any cd and the drummer triggered his drums because he cant do it live
Oh i am so sorry Holly i did not know that you were an expert on the matter. Thats right Derek Roddy sucks live because you and AndyB told me so. Wow you guys really know what you are talking about. Get some talent and come back with a good argument you stupid cunt.

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Sun November 6th, 2005, 4:53 pm

stalindrummer wrote:
holly wrote:
stalindrummer wrote:
andyb wrote:
Wireneck wrote:

Oh i am so sorry Holly i did not know that you were an expert on the matter. Thats right Derek Roddy sucks live because you and AndyB told me so. Wow you guys really know what you are talking about. Get some talent and come back with a good argument you stupid cunt.
Wah wah wah wah wah.

This is obviously not true for every case.
Let's take everything everyone says as absolute and then freak out about it!
Woooooooooooooooooooooo!

stalindrummer

Post by stalindrummer » Sun November 6th, 2005, 5:08 pm

Im not freaking out about. you were the one that decided to correct me and be a bitch. i didnt know that i didnt have an opinion on this forum, my bad. i keep on forgetting how lame this goddamn forum. But i guess ill never learn! :lol:

LeveLscream

Post by LeveLscream » Sun November 6th, 2005, 5:24 pm

Damn, yea the recording is kinda bad. Come see us live, we diserve your ears for once, if you don't like it cool. I just think our live show is really good. Come check us out.

BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!
BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH!BLAH! :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :evil: :P :x :shock: :? :) :o 8) :evil: :!: :D :arrow: :idea: :?: :wink:

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Sun November 6th, 2005, 5:27 pm

stalindrummer wrote:Im not freaking out about. you were the one that decided to correct me and be a bitch. i didnt know that i didnt have an opinion on this forum, my bad. i keep on forgetting how lame this goddamn forum. But i guess ill never learn! :lol:
Like I said, it isn't true for every case.
You were the one who busted in and argued over semantics when semantics shouldn't be an argument.
It's pretty obvious, especially after all of the arguing going on here in the past few months, that you can't take anything anyone says as absolute.

donny

Post by donny » Sun November 6th, 2005, 5:46 pm

absolutely

LeveLscream

Post by LeveLscream » Sun November 6th, 2005, 6:00 pm

especially after all of the arguing going on here in the past few months, that you can't take anything anyone says as absolute.
AMEN SISTA!

stalindrummer

Post by stalindrummer » Sun November 6th, 2005, 6:03 pm

holly wrote:
stalindrummer wrote:Im not freaking out about. you were the one that decided to correct me and be a bitch. i didnt know that i didnt have an opinion on this forum, my bad. i keep on forgetting how lame this goddamn forum. But i guess ill never learn! :lol:
You were the one who busted in and argued over semantics when semantics shouldn't be an argument.
It's pretty obvious, especially after all of the arguing going on here in the past few months, that you can't take anything anyone says as absolute.

Then the only way for us to end this debate is for us to make sweet love. Its the ONLY WAY!!!

donny

Post by donny » Sun November 6th, 2005, 6:11 pm

pics?

LeveLscream

Post by LeveLscream » Sun November 6th, 2005, 6:19 pm

Welcome to the new LeveL thread folks!

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Sun November 6th, 2005, 6:45 pm

stalindrummer wrote:
holly wrote:

Then the only way for us to end this debate is for us to make sweet love. Its the ONLY WAY!!!
I'm married.
Sorry, no.

Wireneck

Post by Wireneck » Sun November 6th, 2005, 8:01 pm

I would rather hear a well recorded drum kit over triggered drums any day.Unfoturnately I don't see this becoming a massive trend in Metal anytime soon.
So Martin from Opeth can't play his material live? The last 2 albums were triggered to hell and back. How about Tomas Haake from Meshuggah, he has gone as far as to "program" his parts lol but he always comes through live. Sure there are plenty of guys who are using sound replacers and Pro tools editing to cover up the fact that they can't play for shit but making an absolute statement like "triggers are for cheaters" is pretty ignorant. Are all the guys playing through amp modelers "cheating"?
At any rate I think we would probably be alot better off if more people thought of it as cheating.

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Sun November 6th, 2005, 8:02 pm

Aren't there some deals on Orbitz.com back to NYC?

BurialRitesRawkStar

Post by BurialRitesRawkStar » Sun November 6th, 2005, 8:40 pm

I agree, anyone who says triggers are for cheaters are plain ignorant. If you have heard a drummer, who uses triggers, suck live and play perfect on CD, it is probably because he had a bad night at the live show or he edited all of his mistakes in the recording studio. Triggers do not give a drummer amazing talent, practicing does. Even if a drummer uses triggers, every snare/tom/kick strike you hear is the product of the drummer striking those particular drums. Triggers do not add in extra beats the drummer is not hitting, nor do they make you play lightning fast double bass if you can't already. I've personally watched drummers like Derek Roddy(Hate Eternal), John Longstreth(ex-Angel Corpse, ex-Origin, ex-Skinless, ex-etc.) Pete Sandoval(Morbid Angel), George Kollias(Nile), and Jon Engman(Brodequin) who all trigger their sets, and they play just as good LIVE as they do on CD. If you think that triggers are what make these people play the way they do, then you are fucking stupid.