Looking for members for death metal band

need a drummer...a guitarist....or are you a vocalist wanting to join a band? this is the place to start the journey

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

disgust

Looking for members for death metal band

Post by disgust » Fri December 14th, 2012, 5:27 pm

Hey folks, I am looking to start up a project for a brooding, dark, and organic style of death metal set in an old school frame. Members needed are a lead guitarist and drummer (I play rhythm and have a bassist in mind already). Preferably someone with an instrument would do vocals; I'm not too keen on 5 pieces. Great musicianship is preferable but drive is more important. As long as you don't suck forever anyway. Check out Error by Emptiness and Cast Into Filth by Fatal (FL) for some ball-park references.

We would be practicing in Athens so you need your own transportation. And having your own gear isn't needed for practice but you should have your own stuff for gigging.

And I am 22, preferable age range is anywhere from 17 to 26 but of course exceptions would be made if you are gnarly.

Message me for more details.
Thanks for checking this out!

BlackRoija
WREKage Staff

Post by BlackRoija » Fri December 14th, 2012, 5:58 pm

If it turns out that you can't find someone who can cover vocals too, I'd be interested, but I doubt it'll be hard to find someone who can do both.

bukheader

Post by bukheader » Fri December 14th, 2012, 10:20 pm

Influences?

I found this interesting at "...dark, and organic style of death metal set in an old school frame", but I think some other people here might be curios what your specific influences are.
No Guts, No Glory

disgust

Post by disgust » Sat December 15th, 2012, 12:27 am

Thanks for your replies!

BlackRoija, I will definitely keep you in mind, thanks.

bukheader, it is hard to nail down my absolute influences for this project because there are certain things I like from numerous bands. You can be certain, though, that my heart is in the right place, ha. I enjoy most of the classic death metal bands but to be more specific regarding influences for this band (and the "...dark, organic" thing) I think (and hope) that these examples will shed some more light: "No Earth" by Emptiness, "Ravenous Descent" and "Dethslave" by Fatal, "Human" by Death, "Dusk" by Entombed, "Dead Hole" by Autopsy, "Host" by Coroner, "Post Mortal Ejaculation" by Cannibal Corpse, "In Absence" by Assuck (drummers be prepared to grind a bit).

I realize that this list is a wide palette so it may not be super useful but it at least leans in the right direction. Mainly I enjoy shit that makes you grimace but is still musical in a good way, ha. And more specifically, by the "organic" thing, I just want the riffs and songwriting in general to flow really well and not get caught up in structure. Not pushing for technical but not everything has to be 4/4.

If I did a terrible job at explaining let me know and I will try again.

Thanks!

mariasam

Post by mariasam » Mon September 16th, 2013, 4:40 am

I can sing. I'm in Fairburn so it's a little far but I'm still interested. :P
E20-515 E20-515
LX0-101 LX0-101
PRINCE2 PRINCE2