Need guitarists! Black/Death Metal south of 285, demo inside

need a drummer...a guitarist....or are you a vocalist wanting to join a band? this is the place to start the journey

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

JoetheViking84

Need guitarists! Black/Death Metal south of 285, demo inside

Post by JoetheViking84 » Mon September 16th, 2013, 3:24 am

We are 2 musicians living south of the perimeter, vocalist living in Hampton and drummer living in Jonesboro looking for a guitarist, or preferably 2 guitarists, to write riffs with us and join us in our attempt to start a new metal band to eventually perform gigs in the Atlanta area.
We are serious about this project for the long haul but not too demanding at the moment. We aim to ensure quality to our future audience. We would like to meet you and hear your talent if you enjoy the same style of music we enjoy.
We do have a few songs and riffs you would be required to learn as well starting out, after that we expect you to be a contributing member just as much as us or greater if you desire to do any music writing. You will definitely have the opportunity of taking ownership over your role in this band and contribute to the other aspects of the music development process if your contributions follow the fairly broad qualifications below.
Themes:
Lyrical themes do include sci-fi and fantasy book and film, myths, legends, nature, and peculiar events throughout history. The occult is fine for a song's theme but nothing that takes too strong of a stance.
PLEASE NOTE:
We prefer to keep personal views personal. We are not trying to preach. This band is all about the music and creating a desirable atmosphere live, not about politics or religion.
VERY IMPORTANT!
Bands that inspire us: Mayhem, Immortal, Enslaved, Gorgoroth, Satyricon, Bathory, Darkthrone, Goatwhore, Dark Funeral, Naglfar, Dissection, Marduk, Taake, 1349, Behemoth, Windir, Old Mans Child, Watain, Abigail Williams, Wolves in the Throne Room, Emperor, Cradle of Filth, Carach Angren, Advent Sorrow.
Essentially what we're going for is symphonic Black Metal but with obvious traditional Black Metal influences as well as some folk for the purposes of intros, outros, instrumentals, etc.
Films that inspire us: The Dark Crystal, Troll Hunter, Lord of the Rings, Grim Love, Evil Dead, Dead Alive, Vikings TV Series, Vampire Hunter D, Berserk, Metalocalypse, The Omen, Flight of Dragons, Haxan: Witchcraft through the Ages, Watership Down, The Plague Dogs.
DON'T CONTACT US IF. . .
You are not familiar with most of these bands or do not care for the style that these bands play.
You are not comfortable playing in a band with songs based on the above themes.
You wish to infuse your political or religious agenda into the music and outlook of the band.

ALSO our music will be played in C-standard tuning, we want to be heavy as well as atmospheric and melodic.

https://soundcloud.com/joseph-shelnutt/ ... -moonlight

MaleficSounds

Post by MaleficSounds » Tue September 17th, 2013, 9:05 am

I really dig what you guys have going here!! If I wasn't doing Malefic I would totally try to play guitar for you guys. Its really refreshing to hear this type of music in these parts. I hope you guys get it going again, I'm just now getting Malefic started up again so hopefully in the future we can play shows together. Best of luck dudes!

JoetheViking84

Post by JoetheViking84 » Thu September 19th, 2013, 2:43 pm

Thanks man! Encouragement always helps :)

MaleficSounds

Post by MaleficSounds » Sat September 13th, 2014, 3:13 pm

Hey what happened to this?? Are you guys still trying to form the band?

JoetheViking84

Hey man...

Post by JoetheViking84 » Thu February 12th, 2015, 1:41 am

Well it didn't come together, sadly. Careers and geography put a real monkey wrench in things. I(the vocalist) had to move back to Paulding County. That said I'm still trying to connect with people with the purpose of starting a band or at least a studio project. I see you live in Acworth which is actually pretty close to me now. If you ever want to jam let me know.