Starting a new topic

need a drummer...a guitarist....or are you a vocalist wanting to join a band? this is the place to start the journey

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Velkyn

Starting a new topic

Post by Velkyn » Fri September 5th, 2014, 11:26 am

cause of jealous ass little kids

I have a studio at my house, about to move a section of my families business to my house so just going to dedicate part of my basement to fucking recording.

I mic cabs, vocal box is upstairs, not recording any drums.

I have a professional studio ~20k in a gear, 20 minutes from my house ran by my military brethren. Vocal Box, Drum recording coming soon, but mostly Mic Cab's, tons of heads, etc.

I like to talk lots of shit, so i'm rich as fuck, "we got yacht's bitch", was in vegas blowin 1k a day few months back, vacationed 2 months after, and just got back from another vacation over labor day holiday. Gotta be 25 to rent houses, and im 27 and about 10 deep already. Got a million dollar house for rent in Anna Maria Island next year.

So going to bump this single thread 1 time periodically.

LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE MONEY, DON'T SMOKE METH, AND CAN UPHOLD THEIR END OF AN AGREEMENT. I have a current drummer overseas signed to CDN Records out of Canada with his own band.

I am looking for a drummer, and a guitarist WITH vocals. You need to be able to play some Archspire shit. Taps, Sweeps, left/right, etc. IF YOU CANT SCREAM ON THE MIC AT 290 AND PLAY AT THE SAME TIME DONT CONTACT ME, If you want to learn, that is different. Once my EP is released I will figure out what to do about a bassist, I play bass anyways.

The sound is the same from the Studio to Live, Click will be in your ear on stage.

Speeds are REGULARLY 290bpm. As high as 340bpm, as low as 145bpm. Right now I have a few samples I can send over, as well as some riffs/album shit I am working on if you want to hear. My band is a mix between Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Criminal Element, and Belphegor. High gain, lots of treb, punchy palm mutes, crunchy fuckin guitars

Ideally, wanting to find someone who has their own stuff, can purchase whatever is needed by the band, works daily, or part-time, has a wife/gf, NO KIDS NO KIDS NO KIDS, and could also possibly take vacations with me and my wife.

We drink a lot, i smoke a lot of pot, and I have a boat.

NO METH NO EGOS NO SHITHEADS NO FUCK FACES NO POORWANNABES NO GRABBIN UR JUNK INFRONT OF MY OLE LADY, NO POTTY MOUTHS INFRONT OF THE WOMEN NO NONE MOTIVATIONAL X GENERATION SCUM AND NO FUCKING THEIVES/LIARS NO FELONS NO NECK TATTOOS those are for felons

ALICEBAKERALICEBAKERALICEBAKER

God you think I was Dave Mustaine or something

Italian master race

IN GRIND WE CRUST
Last edited by Velkyn on Wed October 29th, 2014, 11:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Fri September 5th, 2014, 11:37 am

Should use some of that rich guy money to put together a sweet metal festival here in Atlanta.

If you feel like investing in that, hit me up. We can work something out.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Fri September 5th, 2014, 11:46 am

NO FUN
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Velkyn

Post by Velkyn » Fri September 5th, 2014, 11:48 am

Plenty of fun, we just do it big babycakes

Metal Festival? Add details here, never know whose eyes are looking ;)

easnoddy

Post by easnoddy » Fri September 5th, 2014, 1:11 pm

Maybe you should contact Zody.

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Fri September 5th, 2014, 1:29 pm

The scope is largely determined by finances, really.

There are a lot of really good real metal bands all through the south east. (Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Carolinas etc etc). I know plenty of folks in bands, and know people who know people in bands and labels/distros--so on and so forth.

Option A: Have it in EAV spread among the three venues there (529, Earl, Basement) Fri-Sat night. Use these closer bands and have a medium sized headliner over at the Earl. Gives room to grow organically with popularity of the festival (Looking at a yearly event).

Option B: Get a slightly larger venue. Masquerade is one option. It has the large stage upstairs, the smaller one down at the bottom and (I haven't been to the Masquerade in awhile, don't know if it still exists) the large back area to set up another stage. Can use Purgatory as a vendor/merch room. Centerstage could be another option, using the mainstage and the side room stage. Issues that come to mind would be parking situation at Masquerade and general crowd capacity for Centerstage. Would be a fine line for budget VS ticket availability and price.

Option C: This would require some "rich as fuck" financial backing and the desire to 'do it big'. So do it FUCKING BIG! Rent out Atlanta Motor Speedway, set up a 4 day camping-style event (They have hotels in close proximity too). Slab up 4-5 stages and pull in huge names from all around the world. This option could theoretically lower the per-ticket price, using volume to make up the difference.

easnoddy

Post by easnoddy » Fri September 5th, 2014, 1:41 pm

Honestly, the Masquerade is the best option initially (though I do like the EAV option). The Masquerade has the centralized-venue approach. Plus bands could start immediately after one another, takes no time to walk between stages.

You would really have to draw from different sub-genres to make it really successful (thrash/death/black/doom) and get bands that fans of these genres REALLY want to see. Small enough yet large enough. Also not over-burden it with local bands.

In ATL, parking is always a problem, be it EAV or Masquerade. 529/Basement/Earl are all close though.

How successful were those shows they did in Birmingham and Tennessee recently?

Velkyn

Post by Velkyn » Fri September 5th, 2014, 2:14 pm

Price of ticket for goers? Local bands would bring a smaller ticket price.

I would consider the bigger the venue the bigger the crowd. If you do Atlanta Motor speedway, how much will it be just to construct the stage?

I want to see it all on paper so I can have a professional look at it.

And rent-a-cops ain't worth a shit, we need local police force

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Fri September 5th, 2014, 2:26 pm

how much were tickets for rites of darkness 3?
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Velkyn

Post by Velkyn » Fri September 5th, 2014, 2:30 pm

need 25k+ at $20 a ticket

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Fri September 5th, 2014, 2:51 pm

Give me a bit, I can get a BP, P&L and as much market research as I can muster.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Fri September 5th, 2014, 2:53 pm

NO MOSH

Velkyn

Post by Velkyn » Fri September 5th, 2014, 4:02 pm

tu chinga tu madre in su es culo

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Fri September 5th, 2014, 4:02 pm

more a hard core metal night start

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Fri September 5th, 2014, 6:26 pm

easnoddy wrote:Honestly, the Masquerade is the best option initially (though I do like the EAV option). The Masquerade has the centralized-venue approach. Plus bands could start immediately after one another, takes no time to walk between stages.

A point could be made about Center Stage too. It has the main stage, the Vinyl and The Loft (which I actually forgot about), all totaling about the same capacity as the Masquerade (Unless the music park is factored in, which tacks on a bunch more space). The one-up to Center Stage is that there are plenty of hotels around and the Arts station MARTA is way closer than the North Ave station is to Masq. Also, restaurants, gas stations, etc. Accommodating out of towners.
easnoddy wrote:You would really have to draw from different sub-genres to make it really successful (thrash/death/black/doom) and get bands that fans of these genres REALLY want to see. Small enough yet large enough. Also not over-burden it with local bands.

I'm pretty sure a massive list of bands could be put together, then its just the logistics of all those bands that narrow down the list--to eventually what would be the lineup.
easnoddy wrote:In ATL, parking is always a problem, be it EAV or Masquerade. 529/Basement/Earl are all close though.

True. Also another point for Center Stage. They have that parking deck underneath it.
easnoddy wrote:How successful were those shows they did in Birmingham and Tennessee recently?
Not sure, the Kentucky one was pretty smooth and a great turnout.