Atlanta Metal Fest 2/28

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Fri February 13th, 2009, 4:19 pm

ratanda wrote:So who's going to wait in line super early for this?

A friend of mine thinks that people showing up at like 5pm could probably just stroll on in.
well, they probably could because all the people who got there early would already be inside and around 5pm, there prob won't be quite 5000 peeps inside yet.

I'm still gonna get there early cause there are bands I wanna see earlier on in the day! I don't know about 6am though...that's a bit too early!

how many people were at the Megadeth show last April? Anyone know? I figure there will be at least as many plus whatever the inside of the building itself can hold to total 5000.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Sun February 15th, 2009, 9:24 am

i need a ticket!

anybody got an extra?

Veneror

Post by Veneror » Mon February 16th, 2009, 2:00 pm

Count me in. Want to meet some of you people by the way.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon February 16th, 2009, 7:22 pm

BlazeTSU wrote:i need a ticket!

anybody got an extra?
listen to my show tonight...
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Mon February 16th, 2009, 10:15 pm

Metalfreak wrote:
BlazeTSU wrote:i need a ticket!

anybody got an extra?
listen to my show tonight...
One dude I know wants a ticket...I'll let him know

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Wed February 18th, 2009, 11:26 pm

Saw this on Craigslist:

"This may be an odd posting, but hear me out. I have one ticket available for the Scion Rock Fest and i'm looking to trade, with a female and ONLY a female, some kind of FAVOR. It doesn't have to be downright dirty, but the more enticing, the more likely i'll offer you the ticket. Email whatever ideas you may have in mind, and i'll choose the one that best suits. P.S - Not ugly on this side, so you don't be"..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The_Sideburns

Post by The_Sideburns » Wed February 18th, 2009, 11:28 pm

I RSVP'd at the Masquerade but didn't notice the god damn deadline to pick it up as the 15th. So I guess I'm shit outta luck at this point... fucking blows.

neomanguy

Post by neomanguy » Thu February 19th, 2009, 12:31 am

The_Sideburns wrote:I RSVP'd at the Masquerade but didn't notice the god damn deadline to pick it up as the 15th. So I guess I'm shit outta luck at this point... fucking blows.
this is Brad...im going to assume you're the dude who goes to gsu and we met at cattle decapitation the other week. i have an extra ticket, if you want i could hook you up. if im wrong ignore what i just said.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Thu February 19th, 2009, 2:00 pm

The_Sideburns wrote:I RSVP'd at the Masquerade but didn't notice the god damn deadline to pick it up as the 15th. So I guess I'm shit outta luck at this point... fucking blows.
I would bet the Masquerade won't notice the deadline either and just give you one.

Strange

Post by Strange » Fri February 20th, 2009, 4:16 pm

GameFreac wrote:Saw this on Craigslist:

"This may be an odd posting, but hear me out. I have one ticket available for the Scion Rock Fest and i'm looking to trade, with a female and ONLY a female, some kind of FAVOR. It doesn't have to be downright dirty, but the more enticing, the more likely i'll offer you the ticket. Email whatever ideas you may have in mind, and i'll choose the one that best suits. P.S - Not ugly on this side, so you don't be"..

Wow...that is just sad.

On a related note, here's a safe sex tip for all you ladies out there. Never blow dealers for crack. Instead, blow regular people for money and then buy the crack directly.

...The More You Know!
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Fri February 20th, 2009, 9:12 pm

GameFreac wrote:Saw this on Craigslist:

I still haven't gotten any replies yet. :?
Strange wrote:
Wow...that is just sad.

On a related note, here's a safe sex tip for all you ladies out there. Never blow dealers for crack. Instead, blow regular people for money and then buy the crack directly.

...The More You Know!
Shit, that takes about half the fun out of being a coke dealer!

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Mon February 23rd, 2009, 12:56 am

I read online somewhere that 10,000 tickets were being printed or offered for this, but the venue would only hold 5,000 with all three inside stages plus the Music Park in use. Hence, the "ticket does not guarantee admission" disclaimer we've seen everywhere.

Has anyone heard the same thing?

I reallllly hope that isn't the case. If 5,000 metalheads show up expecting to get in and turned away, some of whom may have driven for many hours or even flown in by air for the show, There Will Be Trouble. Heck, even with 1,000 furious metalheads There Would Be Trouble.

ScreamBloodyGore

Post by ScreamBloodyGore » Mon February 23rd, 2009, 3:03 am

WREKage-Paul wrote:I read online somewhere that 10,000 tickets were being printed or offered for this, but the venue would only hold 5,000 with all three inside stages plus the Music Park in use. Hence, the "ticket does not guarantee admission" disclaimer we've seen everywhere.

Has anyone heard the same thing?

I reallllly hope that isn't the case. If 5,000 metalheads show up expecting to get in and turned away, some of whom may have driven for many hours or even flown in by air for the show, There Will Be Trouble. Heck, even with 1,000 furious metalheads There Would Be Trouble.
Yeah, that's what's be happenin'.

Also, what time does everyone plan on arriving? Should I show up at 6 AM and I'm the only person there, I'll be all "angry" and shit.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Mon February 23rd, 2009, 9:56 am

WREKage-Paul wrote:I read online somewhere that 10,000 tickets were being printed or offered for this, but the venue would only hold 5,000 with all three inside stages plus the Music Park in use.
That is correct. The guy at Decatur CD told me that he had inquiries from Canada and England. If 5,000 metalheads get turned away, There Will Be Blood. But I don't think that that will happen. I assume that the guys running this have done the math. And, there was a discussion earlier in this thread about what kind of return promoters expect, on average.

This coming Saturday! Rock the fuck on! I am so swamped at work, I can't wait. What time are people thinking of showing up? I was thinking maybe 10:30 or something like that.

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Mon February 23rd, 2009, 1:24 pm

I'm planning on getting up at like 6....then waking my friends up for an hour until maybe 7am....then get ready and leave around 7:45 or 8 and getting some food and get there at like 9 am or so.

Just to be safe.