free Scion Show-YOB and Acrassicauda

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

merrymayhem

Post by merrymayhem » Wed June 9th, 2010, 12:04 pm

Weird :roll:

I'm planning on going, along with my sister-in-law.. but I've been known to chicken out and not go to things when I have to drive.

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Wed June 9th, 2010, 2:12 pm

Should be a great show. :D

merrymayhem

Post by merrymayhem » Wed June 9th, 2010, 3:13 pm

looks like I'm taking my 11 year old son too :o

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Wed June 9th, 2010, 3:55 pm

suxors....got class till 8:45. may miss a band...
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Wed June 9th, 2010, 6:10 pm

Now my friend's brother wants to go...hope he can get in w/o RSVPing. We'll see how it goes.

Sean

Post by Sean » Wed June 9th, 2010, 11:16 pm

not bad at all

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Wed June 9th, 2010, 11:20 pm

good show! I got to see most of Accsrassicauda's set. YOB was meh for me so I didn't really watch a whole lot of them...don't get me wrong, they definitely know what they're doing but I'm just not a huge fan of that style. I would need to be really stoned or something lol
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Sean

Post by Sean » Wed June 9th, 2010, 11:38 pm

they were sloppy drunk

merrymayhem

Post by merrymayhem » Thu June 10th, 2010, 12:24 am

I guess my sister in law is hitting it off with Acrassicaudas drummer pretty well, we're in their hotel room right now :P

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Thu June 10th, 2010, 2:44 am

I guess I know from now on that you don't even have to RSVP...they just gave us all a wristband so that was good.

Brian told me a band called Native was playing in Purgatory so we watched them until Acrassicauda came on. Acrassicauda's story is interesting and I liked the documentary but I don't really like their music. I watched one song, then went back to Purgatory to watch Native so I couldn't tell you how they really were live to be honest. Native reminded me of an indie-ish version of Daitro (Swedish screamo) so I liked them a lot. When I got home, I downloaded both of their albums. Thanks Brian. :D

I watched 1 song from the next band in Purgatory and they sucked but when I came back YOB was on. They opened up with Ball of Molten Lead, which is one of my favorites so I was happy. The vocals (effects and all) were spot on and the sound was good. They also played 2 songs from their newest album and 2 other songs I didn't recognize. Stevie from Dark Castle was a nice surprise and she made that song one of the highlights of the set. They were obviously drunk and the singer looked like he was on something but I didn't notice any real big fuck-ups and everything sounded really good to me so I thought it was a great show.

Pics:

slut rag

Post by slut rag » Thu June 10th, 2010, 9:16 am

twas a fun show.

only gripe: i bought a tape from YOB for like 5 dollars. its not YOB but some other band that may share members. the tape has like 2 songs and thats it. fucking gay.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Thu June 10th, 2010, 9:18 am

I missed Yob, started feeling sick during the Iraqi band and just left. Kind of sucks but Native was fucking awesome in purgatory.

lsaldana

Post by lsaldana » Thu June 10th, 2010, 10:48 am

slut rag wrote: only gripe: i bought a tape from YOB for like 5 dollars. its not YOB but some other band that may share members. the tape has like 2 songs and thats it. fucking gay.
The tape is from YOB's singer's side project, it's supposed to be a black metal band. Is it any good though?

YOB was great.

slut rag

Post by slut rag » Thu June 10th, 2010, 10:55 am

honestly, i was pretty drunk when i listened to it last night on my way home. so i dont remember much other than waiting like an hour as the tape played to see if there was any more music.

ill check it out again today though and then maybe i can give a better opinion.

sonsoftonatiuh

Post by sonsoftonatiuh » Thu June 10th, 2010, 3:30 pm

Yob's bass tone was rippin. Holy shit. I was standing right by the bass rig on the side for a min before i went to the other side. That was my first time seeing them. Way better than i expected. Drunk or not, Yob fucking rules. The Iraqi band is a bit out of date but they were entertaining non-the-less. Apparently both bands were FLOWN out to Atlanta from wherever and tonight their supposed to play in Hollywood. Ha! Rockstardom....
cunt punt