Anthrax/Megadeth/Slayer Oct. 1st

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Sun October 3rd, 2010, 12:24 am

GameFreac wrote:Oh god not Jose.
That guy was the worst, jeez so much of a fucking poser.

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Sun October 3rd, 2010, 12:43 am

Azrael wrote:
Tell me about man, all I wanted was him to shut the hell up during the breaks.

"YEAHHHH FUCKING SLAYER GUYS!"
"I KNOW YOU METAL FANS LOVE JAGGERRR!"

"Which one of you virgins and/or desperate men want to take pictures with the jager bimbos?"
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

Mortis_Kull

Post by Mortis_Kull » Sun October 3rd, 2010, 12:46 am

Azrael wrote:
That damn Squiggy. Pulling that fratboy "bro-hood" thing. I guess he was one of the reasons why we have assholes in the crowd. One douchbag comes, a million follows.

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Sun October 3rd, 2010, 12:50 am

Mortis_Kull wrote:
Azrael wrote:
That damn Squiggy. Pulling that fratboy "bro-hood" thing. I guess he was one of the reasons why we have assholes in the crowd. One douchbag comes, a million follows.
It is okay though because wearing a Dimebag shirt means he is metal no matter what you say.

Also the guy in the wheelchair is my hero
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

Doomed Youth

Post by Doomed Youth » Sun October 3rd, 2010, 1:46 am

SlashAndThrash wrote:Anthrax seriously had the best set list I ever could have imagined. It was strictly awesome shit off of Among the Living and Spreading the Disease, with the exception of a rare performance of "Metal Thrashing Mad" from the Neil Turbin era. They were amazing. The setlist said they were planning on playing "Only" which is a song they did without Joey Belladonna, but on the setlist it was crossed out in favor of A.I.R.
I love Anthrax. Love them. They were the band I was the most excited to see and they did not disappoint. I snagged myself a t shirt. Expensive but worth it.

Megadeth was incredible. They pulled off Rust in Peace with great style, my favorite parts were Holy Wars/The Punishment Due and an eerie appearance by Vic Rattlehead during dawn patrol, right in to Rust In Peace/Polaris. Amazing. What a show! After the album was finished they played In God we Trust, A Toute le Monde, Symphony of Destruction, Headcrusher, and Peace Sells, and then went back into the last solo section of Holy Wars for a grand finish. What a show! Definitely the best performance of the night.

Slayer came on and played a bunch of new stuff that was boring and just stood there headbanging. fucking boring. I left half way through. seriously, Kerry King is a fucking dork and their stage presence is awful. If anyone liked this performance I wouldn't be able to tell you why, they just stood there. boring.

All in all, an amazing show. Well worth the money and I'll never forget how awesome it was, or how rad it was to get a high five from Joey Belladonna
Matt, cheering on slayer! Durp.

Mortis_Kull

Post by Mortis_Kull » Sun October 3rd, 2010, 3:13 am

Doomed Youth wrote:
SlashAndThrash wrote:Anthrax seriously had the best set list I ever could have imagined. It was strictly awesome shit off of Among the Living and Spreading the Disease, with the exception of a rare performance of "Metal Thrashing Mad" from the Neil Turbin era. They were amazing. The setlist said they were planning on playing "Only" which is a song they did without Joey Belladonna, but on the setlist it was crossed out in favor of A.I.R.
I love Anthrax. Love them. They were the band I was the most excited to see and they did not disappoint. I snagged myself a t shirt. Expensive but worth it.

Megadeth was incredible. They pulled off Rust in Peace with great style, my favorite parts were Holy Wars/The Punishment Due and an eerie appearance by Vic Rattlehead during dawn patrol, right in to Rust In Peace/Polaris. Amazing. What a show! After the album was finished they played In God we Trust, A Toute le Monde, Symphony of Destruction, Headcrusher, and Peace Sells, and then went back into the last solo section of Holy Wars for a grand finish. What a show! Definitely the best performance of the night.

Slayer came on and played a bunch of new stuff that was boring and just stood there headbanging. fucking boring. I left half way through. seriously, Kerry King is a fucking dork and their stage presence is awful. If anyone liked this performance I wouldn't be able to tell you why, they just stood there. boring.

All in all, an amazing show. Well worth the money and I'll never forget how awesome it was, or how rad it was to get a high five from Joey Belladonna
Matt, cheering on slayer! Durp.
LOL!!!
Pic #16 http://projects.accessatlanta.com/galle ... x/#thbz_hm

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Sun October 3rd, 2010, 3:21 am

Azrael wrote:
I canceled my XM subscription when Sirius took over since they fired all the good hosts and he became the host of Liquid Metal. I couldn't take his voice for more than 5 seconds.

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Sun October 3rd, 2010, 2:24 pm

yeah man how embarassing. I went and sat myself in the seats for slayer and then left halfway through. Brian you can verify this fact! lousy papers.... That flashbulb definitely went off right in my face during Holy Wars

Strange

Post by Strange » Sun October 3rd, 2010, 11:15 pm

Well, I missed Anthrax (which fucking sucks). I thought Megadeth played a killer set. Musically superb, but Dave's voice was shot. He mumbled through 2/3rds of the set, then kinda got it together at the end. Loved the Black Sabbath/Jello Biafra intro as well.

I've seen Slayer more times than I can count. I thought they sounded better tonight than the last few times I've seen them. Tom nailed the scream at the beginning of Angel of Death for the first time in over a decade. And while I know there isn't much love for Seasons around this board, I was ecstatic to hear Hallowed Point, Born of Fire and especially Temptation. Then Aggressive Perfector just sealed it.

Still not as aweseome as the original Clash of the Titans tour, but pretty awesome nonetheless.
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

DrkLrdViper666

Post by DrkLrdViper666 » Tue October 5th, 2010, 3:48 am

Okay y'all, gotta say this AND get my 2 cents in! (AND NO, I didn't go, unfortunately! :evil: )
Anywho, first off, I've gotta say that I've been to MANY & I mean MANY Old School Thrash/Speed Metal shows from back in the day, including Slayer (whom I've seen 4 times before!) They've NEVER, and I MEAN NEVER not impressed the shit outta
me, including their outdoor show @ Ozzfest in 99!!! They Killed it EVERY FUCKING TIME!!! :twisted:

Now, that being just said, I've also seen Anthrax ( and yes w/ joey & the classic lineup) 3 times, first was @ the now defunct legendary Metroplex downtown in 1987 for The Among The Living tour when Testament was just a fresh, young band & opened for them on The Legacy tour!!! :D
Second, just happened to be the VERY FIRST MTV Headbangers Ball Tour in 1989 when Exodus( who were touring for "Fabulous Disaster at the time!) & Helloween opened for Anthrax on their "State Of Euphoria" tour!!! And third, just appened to be the now legendary "Clash Of The Titans" show w/ relatively unknown & young new Metal band, Alice In Chains opening the show! :shock:
Oh & incidentally, my big bro & I drove down to the Forest Park Turtle's records the day of The Clash Of THe Titans show, where Anthrax were doing a very cool meet & greet!
They were all just super, super cool & very humble & very funny, especially joey & scott!!! :lol: :D
Anthrax, ah definitely one of my all time Thrash/Speed Metal faves from back in the day!!! They have ALWAYS blown me away live!!! Joey & the boys just seriously know how to work a crowd!!! Such raw energy EVERY TIME I've seen them!!! Also, I can never say enough good things about the mighty Anthrax!!! I don't even need to be told, I KNOW THEY KILLED IT!!! :twisted:

On to Megadeth: I've seen Megadeth WAY MORE times than I can count, but if I had to: well that number would be 7 times, including when they played @ The Tabernacle last & ALSO played the ENTIRE Rust In Piece album in it's entirety! Oh & the set y'all all described WAS THE EXACT same set they did last time! :roll: So now I know I didn't miss anything, Except for Anthrax w/ Joey!!! :cry:
That is all, Metal Troops!
Carry On! :)
The Dark Lord Of All Things Metal
& Lead Singer/Frontman www.I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS.com/jimi.newton.9
www.myspace.com/darkevillordviper666

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Tue October 5th, 2010, 3:35 pm

Anthrax was totally awesome. I can't believe they played A.I.R. I was blown away.

Seeing Megadeth do Rust In Peace again turned out to be a good thing! I enjoyed it a lot. A third time, I'm not sure.

About half the songs on Seasons I find boring, and I thought seeing them performed live would refresh my perspective on them. But it didn't really. When they did Season In The Abyss (the song) and then South of Heaven and the rest it I got more into it again.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Tue October 5th, 2010, 3:42 pm

ratanda wrote:When they did Season In The Abyss (the song) and then South of Heaven and the rest it I got more into it again.
Exactly, I've had the song stuck in my head. It was cool to see ya bro.

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Wed October 6th, 2010, 5:11 pm

"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

easnoddy

Post by easnoddy » Fri October 22nd, 2010, 12:08 pm

Will put my 2 cents in (from an extreme/death metal fan). I saw the Clash Of The Titans back in '91 at the old Omni.

Anthrax, eh, it was ok. Joey was cool, too much singy stuff in their older music. I liked I Am The Law and Indians...thats about it.

Megadeth...uh, ghey. It was choreographed. Jason and the other guitarist would go to the same part of the stage at the same time. They would do things in unison. Thats just ghey. Maybe its cool for progressive metal, but from where I stand, it was lame.

Slayer was really good. Really? There are Slayer fans who don't like Seasons? Really? They are metal. Plain and simple.

From my perspective it was Slayer >>> Anthrax >>>>>>> Megadeth

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Sat October 23rd, 2010, 3:01 pm

clearly you're dumb