attn: masquerade, BOOK OVERKILL

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Sat November 13th, 2010, 11:23 pm

i have a surprise for the first person to PM me with their name

aaron

Post by aaron » Sat November 13th, 2010, 11:33 pm

i wish i was able to go... dont wanna jeopardize anyone else getting a free ticket 8)

DrkLrdViper666

Post by DrkLrdViper666 » Mon November 15th, 2010, 1:11 am

OMFG! OVERKILL!!! Oh how I LOVE Overkill!!!
I saw em last back in 87, opening for Megadeth's "Peace Sells... Tour" and they were on their "Taking Over" tour!!!
KICK FUCKIN' ASS!!! I cannot wait!!! \m/ \m/ :D
The Dark Lord Of All Things Metal
& Lead Singer/Frontman www.I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS.com/jimi.newton.9
www.myspace.com/darkevillordviper666

SadisticRitual

Post by SadisticRitual » Mon November 15th, 2010, 7:31 am

TONIGHT! Been looking forward to this forever!

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Mon November 15th, 2010, 11:27 am

SadisticRitual wrote:TONIGHT! Been looking forward to this forever!
Yes indeed!!!

Mortis_Kull

Post by Mortis_Kull » Mon November 15th, 2010, 3:15 pm

Tonight, we shall be Rotten to the Core!

SadisticRitual

Post by SadisticRitual » Tue November 16th, 2010, 7:36 am

This show was fucking awesome. It was well worth the wait
Bonded by Blood's new singer was pretty damn good sounded just like their old one
Gama Bomb was insane great crowd reaction
Evile kind of bored me im not a huge a fan. although they closed with enter the grave which was pretty sick
Forbidden was awesome their guitarist fucking ripped
Overkill in my opinion played the best show, Great setlist and their new stuff sounds just as good as the old live

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Tue November 16th, 2010, 10:18 am

Great show. I'm only really familiar with a handful of Overkill albums but they played a killer set.

Forbidden was great too but I just wish their sound was as good as Overkill's. I'd been waiting forever to see them so I'm just happy I did.

And I think the tour could do with one (or two) less of those three opening bands to give Forbidden more set time.

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Tue November 16th, 2010, 12:54 pm

SadisticRitual wrote:This show was fucking awesome. It was well worth the wait
Bonded by Blood's new singer was pretty damn good sounded just like their old one
Evile kind of bored me im not a huge a fan. although they closed with enter the grave which was pretty sick
Overkill in my opinion played the best show, Great setlist and their new stuff sounds just as good as the old live
I'd say that summary is spot on.

Does BBB have a different line-up everytime they come through? This was my third time seeing them and I swear there were three different dudes this time than the last time I saw them and it was two different dudes that time from the first time. Got that?

Gama Bomb was great fun, but their mix blew and the vocals were way too buried since the singer's personality is a big part of that band.

I was really not amped on Evile beforehand, but live they were much more interesting than recorded.

Forbidden was great. I had forgotten that I had seen them once before with Death Angel until Russ mentioned that.

Overkill was amazingly tight and held a large part of the crowd all the way through the very long night. I was in the club for six fucking hours. That's a real rarity for me. I usually laser strike the band I want to see and bail. The sound, performances and song selections were right on, but dudes seriously need to lighten up on the fucking strobe lights. They must have flashed a million times during their set. I kept waiting to hit the floor and convulse. My only other whines are that I wish they hadn't played some of my favorite songs so damned over-fast and had they added in Time to Kill and I Hate their set would have been perfect.

Eh, whatever, totally fun night. Well, except for that Pantera worshipping closet case in the yellow jacket who really needed a ratpacking.
ratanda wrote:Forbidden was great too but I just wish their sound was as good as Overkill's. I'd been waiting forever to see them so I'm just happy I did.
Seemed like the sound for each band got progressively better as did the light show (save for those fucking strobes).
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Tue November 16th, 2010, 1:22 pm

After first I was like
Generubin wrote:
I will hate myself for a long time if I miss this...
but then I was like
badcarburetor wrote: had they added in Time to Kill and I Hate their set would have been perfect.
so open your mouth just one more time and my foots going down
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

SadisticRitual

Post by SadisticRitual » Tue November 16th, 2010, 4:31 pm

badcarburetor wrote:
SadisticRitual wrote:This show was fucking awesome. It was well worth the wait
I'd say that summary is spot on.

Does BBB have a different line-up everytime they come through? This was my third time seeing them and I swear there were three different dudes this time than the last time I saw them and it was two different dudes that time from the first time. Got that?

Gama Bomb was great fun, but their mix blew and the vocals were way too buried since the singer's personality is a big part of that band.

I was really not amped on Evile beforehand, but live they were much more interesting than recorded.

Forbidden was great. I had forgotten that I had seen them once before with Death Angel until Russ mentioned that.

Overkill was amazingly tight and held a large part of the crowd all the way through the very long night. I was in the club for six fucking hours. That's a real rarity for me. I usually laser strike the band I want to see and bail. The sound, performances and song selections were right on, but dudes seriously need to lighten up on the fucking strobe lights. They must have flashed a million times during their set. I kept waiting to hit the floor and convulse. My only other whines are that I wish they hadn't played some of my favorite songs so damned over-fast and had they added in Time to Kill and I Hate their set would have been perfect.

Eh, whatever, totally fun night. Well, except for that Pantera worshipping closet case in the yellow jacket who really needed a ratpacking.
ratanda wrote:Forbidden was great too but I just wish their sound was as good as Overkill's. I'd been waiting forever to see them so I'm just happy I did.
Seemed like the sound for each band got progressively better as did the light show (save for those fucking strobes).
that pantera dude was annoying as fuck and that little short chick with the bathory jean jacket was all over the place too

DrkLrdViper666

Post by DrkLrdViper666 » Wed November 17th, 2010, 7:46 am

(Eh, whatever, totally fun night. Well, except for that Pantera worshipping closet case in the yellow jacket who really needed a ratpacking.)

You know kay, if I ever see that big fucking Pantera wanna be prick, now I know he was way bigger than me, at least twice my size!
But I'll nail that fucker so hard in the nuts, he'll be shitting his balls for lunch!!! Fucking bastard! There's always gotta be one somewhere! Slammed headlong into me & then caused me to accidentally elbow my gf!!! If I ever see that fucker anywhere, I'm gonna do EVERY FUCKING THING I CAN to hurt that fucker!!!! :evil: :twisted:
The Dark Lord Of All Things Metal
& Lead Singer/Frontman www.I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS.com/jimi.newton.9
www.myspace.com/darkevillordviper666

Mortis_Kull

Post by Mortis_Kull » Thu November 18th, 2010, 4:33 pm

SadisticRitual wrote: that pantera dude was annoying as fuck and that little short chick with the bathory jean jacket was all over the place too
I know. The dude was a total ass-douche. "Moshing" about like as if he was at a later pantera shows. He was down at purgatory (I was there chilling with some beers while Evile played) and he tried to hit on this chick that is already married.

Mortis_Kull

Post by Mortis_Kull » Thu November 18th, 2010, 4:43 pm

Here's my review:

Bonded By Blood was good, not great but good. But it would have been great if they had the original lead singer. it's just it wasnt the same.

Gamma Bomb was good too. I really like how their tunes and lyrics inspire from 1980's movies and video games (Robocop and Final Fight).

Evile I never cared about. They are just not good, so I sat out in purgatory for beers.

Forbidden was great. These guys have really been over-looked. Though it sounded abit off from what I remember from their Forbidden Evil and Twisted into Form. Maybe it's because they're use to the style they did in their new album. ah well.

Overkill... I know what Im gonna say is cheesy, but they OverKILLED!!! Sounding and thrashing just as they did in '87.

ScreamBloodyGore

Post by ScreamBloodyGore » Thu November 18th, 2010, 5:24 pm

Has BBB changed singers since they were here with Exodus in September?