8/25 - Thou, Dead in the Dirt

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Mon August 22nd, 2011, 8:51 pm

that would most likely have to be an instance of just "knowing someone"
G.O.R.E.
Billy and Agnes wrote:JUST LIKE HAVING A WAAART REMOOOVED

dirtxxx

Post by dirtxxx » Tue August 23rd, 2011, 10:22 pm

funny to see all this talk about us, hope to see you all there.

8)

In Ruins

Post by In Ruins » Tue August 23rd, 2011, 11:44 pm

donkeytron wrote:I liked Dead in the Dirt's e.p., haven't really heard anything else by them. People on here really don't seem to like them, I know they're local, are they like real dicks or something? Cuz plenty of people seem to support some shitty local groups.
Not dicks at all.... I don't know what everyone's deal on the forums is about dead in the dirt. Have you listened to the recordings? They're fucking powerful. They're also a really sick live band. Yeah they're vegan and straight edge, so that's probably why a lot of metal kids hate them... for standing for something. A crazy thing these days I guess.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed August 24th, 2011, 8:58 am

In Ruins wrote:
donkeytron wrote:I liked Dead in the Dirt's e.p., haven't really heard anything else by them. People on here really don't seem to like them, I know they're local, are they like real dicks or something? Cuz plenty of people seem to support some shitty local groups.
Not dicks at all.... I don't know what everyone's deal on the forums is about dead in the dirt. Have you listened to the recordings? They're fucking powerful. They're also a really sick live band. Yeah they're vegan and straight edge, so that's probably why a lot of metal kids hate them... for standing for something. A crazy thing these days I guess.
Yep. Super nice dudes and not condescending at all about their personal beliefs. I think they get a bad rap because of the attitudes of some folks that come out to see them but I can only think of one show I've been at that they played (last time Magrudergrind was here) and while there were some dumbass hc kids heckling the Cough guys outside for drinking they could have very well been there to see Magrudergrind and had no affiliation with dead in the dirt whatsoever. I seriously doubt they would condone that sort of dumbassery.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Wed August 24th, 2011, 3:21 pm

In Ruins wrote:
Yeah they're vegan and straight edge, so that's probably why a lot of metal kids hate them... for standing for something. A crazy thing these days I guess.

oh yeah, i'm sure that's why, and absolutely nothing to do with them not being a metal band
Last edited by SlashAndThrash on Wed August 24th, 2011, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G.O.R.E.

GFx

Post by GFx » Wed August 24th, 2011, 3:30 pm

In Ruins wrote:
its not grindcore, but that's what they are supposedly pimping.

GFx

Post by GFx » Wed August 24th, 2011, 3:30 pm

dp

In Ruins

Post by In Ruins » Wed August 24th, 2011, 3:48 pm

Difference in musical tastes I can understand. Still doesn't make sense why people think they're dicks.

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Wed August 24th, 2011, 4:07 pm

well go back and read the topic. one person said they suck, one person ASKED if they're dicks. I wouldn't call that a lot of metalheads hating them, nor people on the forum having a "deal" regarding DITD
G.O.R.E.

In Ruins

Post by In Ruins » Wed August 24th, 2011, 4:53 pm

I remember reading shit after the March show we had with them, I guess I was thinking back to that too

regurgitated death

Post by regurgitated death » Wed August 24th, 2011, 5:34 pm

Thou is the shit! Hope people come out for them and not like the last couple times they were here and played in front of nobody.

TonyE99

Post by TonyE99 » Wed August 24th, 2011, 6:30 pm

Man, rumors suck. I've heard so many different things about this band. I heard that they were a grind band and that they are assholes and suck. I'll just have to see for myself. Nothing wrong with being straightedge or vegan just don't preach that shit.

In Ruins

Post by In Ruins » Wed August 24th, 2011, 6:40 pm

Agreed Tony. And since when is grind not considered a form of metal matt? IMO they're more metal than a lot of the bands that post here.....like us for instance hah.

slut rag

Post by slut rag » Wed August 24th, 2011, 7:17 pm

[quote="regurgitated death"]Thou is the shit! Hope people come out for them and not like the last couple times they were here and played in front of nobody.[/quote]

i saw them the last two times and can attest to that. thou get no fucking love in atlanta. wish i could make this but im so broke.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Wed August 24th, 2011, 8:06 pm

slut rag wrote:
regurgitated death wrote:Thou is the shit! Hope people come out for them and not like the last couple times they were here and played in front of nobody.
i saw them the last two times and can attest to that. thou get no fucking love in atlanta. wish i could make this but im so broke.
I will definitely be there to see Thou. My wife will be there too, and she thrashes around enough for 5 or 6 people. I am interested in seeing DitD and God's Balls as well.
Diana wrote: God damn fuckin shit
The Crawling Chaos