Decapitated/Decrepit Birth/Fleshgod Apocalypse in Loganville

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

egg yolkeo

Post by egg yolkeo » Thu August 11th, 2011, 3:44 am

The new decapitated sucks?Really!? cause Im listening to it right now and I dont think it sucks at all.Its different but thats to be expected theyve gone thru alot.
Last edited by egg yolkeo on Fri August 12th, 2011, 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Thu August 11th, 2011, 12:16 pm

egg yolkeo wrote:
Metalfreak wrote:
egg yolkeo wrote:Wheres Loganville?
down 78 past Snellville. It's kinda far...for me it's almost an hour one way. I have a friend who lives out there and I fucking hate driving out there...too many damn traffic lights and it eats up so much gas. Haha
aw ya I know guess I thought someone would remember the commercials,it was harder than expected to track some down but here's a couple.
http://youtu.be/6Xqfff60_bs and http://youtu.be/L9Jh_VkNefo
but there were more outrageous ones back in tha day.
ohhhh yeah I never saw those commercials! I've heard of Maxi Price and have driven by that and was all like "so that's there that dealership is" lol

sleyja

Post by sleyja » Thu August 11th, 2011, 12:35 pm

Metalfreak wrote:
egg yolkeo wrote:
Metalfreak wrote:
down 78 past Snellville. It's kinda far...for me it's almost an hour one way. I have a friend who lives out there and I fucking hate driving out there...too many damn traffic lights and it eats up so much gas. Haha
aw ya I know guess I thought someone would remember the commercials,it was harder than expected to track some down but here's a couple.
ohhhh yeah I never saw those commercials! I've heard of Maxi Price and have driven by that and was all like "so that's there that dealership is" lol
I remembered. I got a good laugh out of Metalfreaks response. I'm old.

Strange

Post by Strange » Thu August 11th, 2011, 12:39 pm

sleyja wrote:
Metalfreak wrote:
egg yolkeo wrote:
Metalfreak wrote:
+1 on all 3 counts.

I've also searched for 4801 while driving down Buford Highway.

It's some kind of auto shop. haha
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Thu August 11th, 2011, 1:44 pm

sleyja wrote:
Metalfreak wrote:
egg yolkeo wrote:
Metalfreak wrote:
Heh, did these actually play inside the perimeter? I don't think I ever saw them and I know I'm old. Yet, I'm somehow suddenly nostalgic for Georgia Championship Wrestling...

If any of you old folks want to read a great story set in the northern burbs of ATL in the late 70s, pick up Drive Like Hell by Dallas Hudgens. You'll especially enjoy it if you were a fan of Bob Horner era Braves. Dude just nails it with the atmosphere and cultural reference points.

Oh, and remember, ask for the Wolfman.
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

egg yolkeo

Post by egg yolkeo » Fri August 12th, 2011, 3:38 am

Wolfmans outta town but you can ask for Donna!
http://youtu.be/k-uA5f_d4xM

nocommands

Post by nocommands » Fri August 12th, 2011, 11:35 am

egg yolkeo wrote:The new decapitated sucks?Really!? cause Im listening to it right now and I dont think it sucks at all.Its different but thats to be expected theyve gone thru alot.

yeah its different but its really disappointing. Organic hallucinosis was pretty different in ways but still felt like the same band. This shit just makes me depressed to listen to

Acidic Consumption

Post by Acidic Consumption » Sat October 1st, 2011, 12:03 pm

Heard yesterday that this show is now at The Local in Marietta. Figured i'd pass that on in case most people like me weren't going because of the drive to Loganville. It's on the events calendar.

egg yolkeo

Post by egg yolkeo » Sat October 1st, 2011, 2:19 pm

Acidic Consumption wrote:Heard yesterday that this show is now at The Local in Marietta. Figured i'd pass that on in case most people like me weren't going because of the drive to Loganville. It's on the events calendar.
Wow nice call,Loganville is fairly close but Im still gonna go.It would have really sucked if we drove there only to find out it was moved to Marietta.

AzureDragon

Post by AzureDragon » Sat October 1st, 2011, 7:26 pm

Just called The Local. Tickets are $23 at the door. The dude says there are like 11 bands playing tomorrow and it starts at 3PM. Anyone know what this is about?

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Sun October 2nd, 2011, 1:12 pm

whoever booked this and is in charge of handling this on a local level is a complete fucking failure. this has been the most poorly promoted and mishandled big show i've ever seen in my whole life. fuck you.
G.O.R.E.
Billy and Agnes wrote:JUST LIKE HAVING A WAAART REMOOOVED

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun October 2nd, 2011, 3:19 pm

lol Decapitated should be at The Masquerade or something along those lines. 11 bands? I wonder who else is playing. I'm not in town though so I won't be going anyways.

Acidic Consumption

Post by Acidic Consumption » Mon October 3rd, 2011, 8:21 am

SlashAndThrash wrote:whoever booked this and is in charge of handling this on a local level is a complete fucking failure. this has been the most poorly promoted and mishandled big show i've ever seen in my whole life. fuck you.
yeah man...first of all there was no promotion and last minute half assed idea of getting locals to play a preshow when most didn't know it was moved. Devin and I were recording yesterday so it was a no go anyways but totally an amateur job on all accounts with this show. These guys are not being realistic in they're approach to booking shows and realizing that metal shows aren't gonna bring big turnouts when u charge over $20 no matter how many locals u put on a bill. The lack of promotion really makes me wonder who actually did play the local slots. Ah well, hopefully they got a dose of reality on this one.

nocommands

Post by nocommands » Mon October 3rd, 2011, 10:20 am

Acidic Consumption wrote:
SlashAndThrash wrote:whoever booked this and is in charge of handling this on a local level is a complete fucking failure. this has been the most poorly promoted and mishandled big show i've ever seen in my whole life. fuck you.
yeah man...first of all there was no promotion and last minute half assed idea of getting locals to play a preshow when most didn't know it was moved. Devin and I were recording yesterday so it was a no go anyways but totally an amateur job on all accounts with this show. These guys are not being realistic in they're approach to booking shows and realizing that metal shows aren't gonna bring big turnouts when u charge over $20 no matter how many locals u put on a bill. The lack of promotion really makes me wonder who actually did play the local slots. Ah well, hopefully they got a dose of reality on this one.
Caught the end of this one, the crowd was pretty damn weak. Compared to the other times they played atlanta, maybe theyll notice the lame turnout. Oh well, winds of creation was cool though

Grakkis

Post by Grakkis » Mon October 24th, 2011, 4:13 pm

Bo Stylz... isn't that the try hard that keeps trying to bank on these fucking terrible pay2play scams?