Iron Maiden june 23rd

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

JägerWolf

Post by JägerWolf » Fri February 17th, 2012, 3:40 am

Last edited by JägerWolf on Fri February 17th, 2012, 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

JägerWolf

Post by JägerWolf » Fri February 17th, 2012, 4:42 am

Skip the heavy metal parking lot, get there early, charge forth to the law-... wait a minute....
Matt wrote: no way im sitting on the lawn for this, have to get pit tickets, im not gonna watch them from a half mile away.... fuck that....
Matt's right. What was I thinking? Im going for the pit as well! Charge forth to the pit as close as I can.... like a Trooper.

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Fri February 17th, 2012, 11:53 am

Those ticket prices are high, but not ridiculous, especially when you consider what both bands put into their productions. Really, it's about the same as seeing a touring Broadway production at the Fox. Soooo wish this was at the Fox.

Definitely am getting as close as possible. If I wanted to watched the show on screens I'd just throw on a DVD at home. It would look better, sound better and be way cheaper with better drinks. Still, I'm sure it'll be a party out there.
stewvee wrote:Blaze or whatever is not my favorite. I don't like Jannick Gers either. I abandoned them once Somewere in Time hit the st. Shit was treasonous, esp after Powerslave. Seen them twice --- Piece tour and World Slavery. Nothing since. Looking forward to this one, which will prob be their last ATL show I would think.
This exactly. I saw the same shows, gave up for the same reasons and am going to this one for the same reason.

Few things turn me off a band more than line-up changes. That's on thing that's cool about black metal, is many aren't "bands." Just one or two dudes and whatever session guys they get to fill in, so the changes don't have much impact on the over sound or direction.
stewvee wrote:Number of the Beast tour played ATL?

This was just a couple months before my time, but I'm pretty sure that it did. I remember hearing tales about it from the kids a couple grades above. Omni, natch. I'm sure there is a bank of dates stored somewhere online.
sleyja wrote:those 80's shows had great openers like Saxon, Scorpions and Girlschool - I'll have to take a look at the tix. The Girlschool show I saw was their first US show. I have shitty pics somewhere.
Amazing. Saxon is one band that I've always wanted to see. I saw Girlschool once, but I would kill to have seen them back -pre-Play Dirty/Screaming Blue Murder. You really should pull out those pics and scan up.

If I ever do get a time machine I'm going back and stealing Sam's identity in 76.
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

DrkLrdViper666

Post by DrkLrdViper666 » Fri February 17th, 2012, 7:36 pm

I am SO BEYOND STOKED NOW!!!
Yep, Maiden's very last show was in march of 1996,
for "The X-Factor" tour w/ Blaze Bayley (at this time, he had just joined Maiden btw!) & Fear Factory opening at, of all things,
The fucking Masquerade?! WTF right?!!
Anyway, I even still have my Maiden tour shirt from that
same show! Looking vintage & fading by now, but
it's FUCKING IRON FUCKING MAIDEN w/ a collage of
different Eddies on it!! :D :D

Cool kay! Oh & Girschool FTW!!!
Hey, we were BOTH listening to them when we first met in
the mid-80's! :)

Oh & yeah kay, Maiden did indeed play the ATL for
"The Beast On THe Road" tour- at The long gone
Agora Ballroom!!!
Btw, glenn STILL loves to rub that in my face that he
went to that AWESOME classic Maiden show,
& I didn't, along w/ "The World Piece Tour" w/ Quiet Riot
opening!!! That Bastard!!! :twisted: lol
The Dark Lord Of All Things Metal
& Lead Singer/Frontman www.I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS.com/jimi.newton.9
www.myspace.com/darkevillordviper666

SadisticRitual

Post by SadisticRitual » Fri February 17th, 2012, 9:35 pm

All of us who can only afford lawn tickets should gang up and bum rush the stage. If we all run into one section at once we'll all be practically front row in no time!

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri February 17th, 2012, 10:23 pm

SadisticRitual wrote:All of us who can only afford lawn tickets should gang up and bum rush the stage. If we all run into one section at once we'll all be practically front row in no time!

i highly doubt that would work
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Sat February 18th, 2012, 9:22 pm

Iron Maiden can go to hell.....TO HELLLLLLL!!!!
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Sun February 19th, 2012, 2:39 am

I bet it would work for some, but one or two would get caught. Once youre all in just run in different directions and hide in the crowd.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Sun February 19th, 2012, 8:09 am

I have done this before in a very similar place. Metallica opened for Ozzy on the Puppets tour. For some reason, the venue had teen-age boys and girls checking tickets and, when Metallica hit the stage, there was a torrent of dirty metalheads running down the aisles. Our seats were something like TT, but we made it down to F for Metallica's set.

Of course, the venue was probably only 2/3 full, because the old stoners hadn't turned up yet, so not many were apprehended.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun February 19th, 2012, 12:53 pm

TheKshatriya wrote:I bet it would work for some, but one or two would get caught. Once youre all in just run in different directions and hide in the crowd.

thats what the pit only wristband is for. and you cant just rush into an area thats already filled to capacity.
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Sun February 19th, 2012, 3:20 pm

Knucklehead wrote:I have done this before in a very similar place. Metallica opened for Ozzy on the Puppets tour. For some reason, the venue had teen-age boys and girls checking tickets and, when Metallica hit the stage, there was a torrent of dirty metalheads running down the aisles. Our seats were something like TT, but we made it down to F for Metallica's set.
We used to do this stuff for every show, but it's a very different world now.
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Sun February 19th, 2012, 9:31 pm

Well, it was 25 years ago. I'm sure venue have figured out ways to fix the problem.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Mon February 20th, 2012, 8:42 am

Paul DiAnno should hop on this tour.

stewvee

Post by stewvee » Mon February 20th, 2012, 10:18 am

Poor bastard.
Brian wrote:dance, monkey, dance!!
http://chipsandbeermag.tumblr.com/

xforeverxmetalx

Post by xforeverxmetalx » Fri February 24th, 2012, 11:25 am