GWAR- 10/18

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

slut rag

Post by slut rag » Tue July 31st, 2012, 8:32 am

i remember dying fetus opening for gwar a few years ago... they're decent, i suppose.

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Tue July 31st, 2012, 12:07 pm

Didnt they cone through with municipal waste? No a great band but better than devildriver And. theyve toured twice with ghoul i think
G.O.R.E.
Billy and Agnes wrote:JUST LIKE HAVING A WAAART REMOOOVED

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue July 31st, 2012, 1:12 pm

SlashAndThrash wrote:Didnt they cone through with municipal waste? No a great band but better than devildriver And. theyve toured twice with ghoul i think
they did come through with the waste when they were still touring on hazardous mutation before anyone really knew about them
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

TheRoach'sFetus

Post by TheRoach'sFetus » Mon August 6th, 2012, 3:45 pm

All come on DevilDriver and Cancer Bats arn't that bad. If you don't like you can still mosh to it man. IT'S ALL METAL. But yeah the main reason I'm going is for GWAR

Josh

Post by Josh » Mon August 6th, 2012, 3:59 pm

TheRoach'sFetus wrote:All come on DevilDriver and Cancer Bats arn't that bad. If you don't like you can still mosh to it man. IT'S ALL METAL. But yeah the main reason I'm going is for GWAR
I'm guessing that you like Lamb of God and support the whole "get their faggot vocalist of jail too huh?" Since its all just METAL!

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Mon August 6th, 2012, 4:12 pm

This is such a touchy-feely, butterflies-and-puppy-dogs kind of board.

Odinson666

Post by Odinson666 » Mon August 6th, 2012, 4:14 pm

Strange wrote:
ratanda wrote:I don't remember Gwar ever coming through with a really good band. There may be rare instances here and there in the past, but I can't remember any.
America Must Be Destroyed tour included Genitorturers and the Melvins. That was pretty sweet!

But yeah, overall I tend to agree.
Yeah I think that was the last time both gwar and the Melvin's ...I think I also saw the skate nigs open up for them

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Tue August 7th, 2012, 12:48 pm

Ha, the Skate Nigs...I hadn't thought about that band in ages. I saw them open for FEAR about 20 years ago.
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

Odinson666

Post by Odinson666 » Wed August 8th, 2012, 10:38 pm

badcarburetor wrote:Ha, the Skate Nigs...I hadn't thought about that band in ages. I saw them open for FEAR about 20 years ago.

I hunted down a torrent of them for the horny for evil song...the rest of the album didn't stand the test of time

JägerWolf

Post by JägerWolf » Thu August 9th, 2012, 4:24 am

TheRoach'sFetus wrote:All come on DevilDriver and Cancer Bats arn't that bad. If you don't like you can still mosh to it man. IT'S ALL METAL.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu August 9th, 2012, 7:24 am

^nailed it.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

masquerade

Post by masquerade » Wed October 17th, 2012, 3:58 pm

Tomorrow night! :twisted:

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu October 18th, 2012, 11:51 am

I just spent an hour and a half in the early voting line (on the clock) and I'm ready to work out some aggression.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Thu October 18th, 2012, 2:21 pm

Gwar played on my 21st birthday almost 5 years ago! I got soaked and it was great! Haha y'all have fun tonight!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Diana

Post by Diana » Fri October 19th, 2012, 5:12 am

I gave up and went home. Parking at the temple and taking a shuttle to the show I could handle. But I was already looking at three hours of sleep without waiting for a shuttle to drive me and the rest of the crowd back afterwards. It was 10 pm when I got there so my attempts at street parking failed, and I wasn't going to park at the murder Kroger with the C.H.U.D.S and the Bootman lurking around. I changed my mind three times, but ultimately I had to tap out.

I'm not really pissed because it didn't seem like the Masquerade (or the beleaguered employee I spoke to) had any choice. But it would have been neighborly if 
masquerade wrote:Tomorrow night! :twisted:
would have mentioned it. I might not have inhaled my dinner and wasted an hour in the car.