Meehan's Metalfest '06

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

kfoll

Post by kfoll » Tue July 11th, 2006, 12:52 pm

I really have to say you guys all kicked ass. Thanks so much for a great show. My ears are ringing now, and I'm a few hours short on sleep, but it was all worth it to hear some good blowout shit.
I have some good footage now which I'll try to get edited and put up on my website, which I'll try to put on my myspace page by the end of the week. I'll send out a bulletin when I do. Mind you, I'm on dialup so I won't promise that there will be anything more than a couple of songs from each band right away, but I'm hoping to edit them in After Effects, with some color-correction and graphics and what-not. I'll probably want to download some of your band logos to use as titles for each segment.
Thanks again, and I'll be checking out some more of y'all's shows.
----------------------------------

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Tue July 11th, 2006, 12:53 pm

ratanda wrote:How was the turnout?
Pretty good as the night went along, I would say the peak was During Ground Xero or Ecryptus's set.

I had a blast, alot of good bands played.

It was a joy to see Sybaritic for the first time, those guys are fun to watch.

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Tue July 11th, 2006, 1:04 pm

I enjoyed the whole thing. Anal Secretion made my eyes bleed. Sybaritic and Autumn Aria were probably my favorites of the bands I hadn't seen before, but all the bands were good. I'm hoping to get all of them to come play live on LFR. I think Pork! and Anal Secretion might lose a little bit of their awesomeness without an audience, but y'all could always just bring a bunch of fans with you to the station.
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

stalindrummer

Post by stalindrummer » Tue July 11th, 2006, 1:18 pm

PORK! and Anal Secretion would love to plunge and pork this radio station! The Turn-out last night was pretty awesome for a monday night.

Vyserith

Post by Vyserith » Tue July 11th, 2006, 3:21 pm

I figured out how many tickets we sold... 73!!! Great job to everyone who played... I was impressed by every single band! each one brought something unique and different to the playing field and that made for a great show... as for more metal shows @ Meehans... I am talking to Joe(manager) to try and set-up Meehans monday night metal bash once a month... and then some more regular shows along the way. I will be booking the shows if it happens to work out...

On another note... Thank you guys so much for getting me on that stage... It meant more to me than you will ever know! I don't know what is next for me but if you guys know some band looking for a vocalist... please let me know! i love screaming/growling and performing on stage more than anything else in this world(including weed!!!) Again thank you guys so much for last night! Without you i would not have had that chance!
oh fuck-off world i'll get you yet!

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Tue July 11th, 2006, 5:06 pm

I'm glad the show was good! yeah I fuckin missed it...I wound up working late...and then I did WNGTI.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Post by post » Tue July 11th, 2006, 10:12 pm

This show was great. I got there just in time to see a very big man in very little clothing, I thought I might have been in some sort of art exhibition.
No pbr......but I enjoyed the local bands a lot and that was a really good turnout a really GOOD turnout for a monday. I was really bummed I missed autum aria ive wantes see them for a long time, someone should get them a show down hear theyre real nice guys and I hear they play really well.

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Tue July 11th, 2006, 10:23 pm

post wrote:This show was great. I got there just in time to see a very big man in very little clothing, I thought I might have been in some sort of art exhibition.
No pbr......but I enjoyed the local bands a lot and that was a really good turnout a really GOOD turnout for a monday. I was really bummed I missed autum aria ive wantes see them for a long time, someone should get them a show down hear theyre real nice guys and I hear they play really well.
Haha! I got the last PBR around the time Autumn Aria went on(they were indeed good, and nice guys). How any bar can operate without PBR, I don't know. They ought to revoke liquor licenses for that kind of shit.
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Wed July 12th, 2006, 12:32 am

Someone had to take photos...please post

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Wed July 12th, 2006, 10:02 am

E.J. Diarrheaspray wrote:Someone had to take photos...please post
there were alot of camera phones out during our set and the PORK! set got filmed for sure because I did it.

Vyserith

Post by Vyserith » Wed July 12th, 2006, 10:29 am

About the PBR... The manager said he was supposed to have four cases in back-up but the damn United Beer fuckers didn't deliver... I told him about how metal heads love their PBR and he was said he got them... we wnt in the cooler to stock them... and they weren't there.

As for Autumn Aria... I myself plan on being the guy who helps them find their shows in this area... After they played i was blown away!! I want to get them down in the area as much as i possibly can. I will try and get them on the Vyserith/Ground:Xero/Ecryptus line up for August 22nd... that mainly depends on if Morionor will be ready i guess... But i will make sure they play up/down here as much as they possibly can. If you guys wait a bit... a new person on this forum(kfoll?) took some video clips and whatnots... ask them about the pics and film they got!
oh fuck-off world i'll get you yet!

kfoll

Post by kfoll » Wed July 12th, 2006, 2:41 pm

Alas, I did not arrive in time to tape them. :(
I came in right smack dab in the middle of Anal Secretion's set, and I caught one or two of their songs.
I'm going to grab some stills from all of the bands I taped tonight and set 'em up on my site. That way yall won't have to wait for my slow ass to finish rendering the video. :)
----------------------------------

Pat

Post by Pat » Wed July 12th, 2006, 4:17 pm

If anybody has any pictures of Anal Secretion at the show let me know cause I don't know if anybody took any.

stalindrummer

Post by stalindrummer » Wed July 12th, 2006, 9:20 pm

Incase anyone missed PORK! (and i know who you are) heres what the show was like if you were on several different drugs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROy1NUosVVQ

PorkishMetal

Post by PorkishMetal » Wed July 12th, 2006, 10:48 pm

stalindrummer wrote:Incase anyone missed PORK! (and i know who you are) heres what the show was like if you were on several different drugs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROy1NUosVVQ
No, that video sucked ass, im uploading it again in a second.