Summer Slaughter Tour June 6th Masquerade

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Thu June 7th, 2007, 7:57 am

holly wrote: Too bad all of Necrophagist wasn't there, but they still did a really great job.
I'm not so sure if I like the new drummer, though.
WHAT?!?!?! Marco kicks ass! He is seriously one of the top 10 drummers in the world.

But seriously, if you don't like him, it's cool. I just can't see why anybody wouldn't.

kfoll

Post by kfoll » Thu June 7th, 2007, 8:15 am

Well, I was pissed because once again, I missed Arsis. That makes at least 3 times now I've missed their set. Even more so since I'd arranged with them to get video, but they played long before I got there. Oh well, Arsis tours so much they'll probably be back in a month or so heh, and maybe this time it won't be such a circus in there. I was really there to see Cephalic Carnage -- wish they could have played longer. And I thought Necrophagist sounded great considering the lack of a 2nd guitar player. I was also having fun watching all the little "scene-emo" kids "moshing" to Cattle Decapitation -- haha they're all like, "THAT WAS SO FUCKING BROOOTAL DOODE!"
----------------------------------

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Thu June 7th, 2007, 8:18 am

That sucks, I was there mainly to see Arsis and Necrophagist. Arsis only played 5 songs though. I got there right before their set because my car overheated so I had to have it towed and I just walked to the Masq.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Thu June 7th, 2007, 9:38 am

I really could've done without the throngs of eleventh grade white belters last night. With that said Arsis, Cephalic Carnage, Decapitated, and Necrophagist (even as a three piece) killed. Marco's drum solo made up for most of the "core" that ensued earlier in the evening.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Thu June 7th, 2007, 10:48 am

I saw this posted on another board today...I never noticed it at the show..but damn!

That drum solo was pretty sick.

Mitch
WREKage Staff

Post by Mitch » Thu June 7th, 2007, 1:16 pm

Damn indeed. Muhammad is kickin it Ozzy style.

Wish I could have been there for this one.

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Thu June 7th, 2007, 1:23 pm

Brian wrote:
holly wrote: Too bad all of Necrophagist wasn't there, but they still did a really great job.
I'm not so sure if I like the new drummer, though.
WHAT?!?!?! Marco kicks ass! He is seriously one of the top 10 drummers in the world.

But seriously, if you don't like him, it's cool. I just can't see why anybody wouldn't.
I was pretty much watching him the whole time, going, "what happened here?"
Believe me, I understand the implications of him being in the band; it just wasn't happening for me.

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Thu June 7th, 2007, 1:25 pm

AmoebicDysentery wrote:Image

I saw this posted on another board today...I never noticed it at the show..but damn!

That drum solo was pretty sick.
I took a picture of the back end because I thought it was hilarious:

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Thu June 7th, 2007, 2:04 pm

I caught some cool band called Lions downstairs during Cattle Decapitation, really jamming tunes. Missed Arsis.. was totally surprised to see all the people there, and the younger folks, but at least it meant some youthful eye candy. Always a plus to see the mighty Cephalic Carnage who could've played a little longer.. Decapitated was fucking awesome once they got the mixed worked out, was ready for about four or five more songs. Even if you hate most metal I think anyone can't deny that Necrophagist, Minneman included are all seriously fucking talented, the fact that they were playing as a three-piece was disappointing at first, but fucking-a they killed that shit. Hails to Wil, the only person who ever speaks whahah

Ecrypt

Post by Ecrypt » Fri June 8th, 2007, 10:41 am

This was the show of the year for sure!
Arsis was awesome as usual, they should have been later on in the lineup tho. It was wierd to see them with a vocalist, he was good, but Jim always looked badass singing while playing. Their new drummer is a machine too!
Cattle Decapitation surprised me this time, I had a bad impression of them when I first saw them with Cryptopsy, they weren't so sour this time.
Cephalic Carnage was just insane.
Daath played downstairs to a HUGE crowd! They were the most active band there. And they played a badass cover of Hammer Smashed Face that I almost broke my neck and my glasses to...
But Necrophagist's drummer stole the show hands down.
Hey Pat, from now on, always say you're 21!!!

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Fri June 8th, 2007, 12:46 pm

Dude that was fucking awesome when Daath played Hammer Smashed Face! I was not expecting that at all! I got there at the end of Cattle Decapitation's set...not a huge fan so I went into purgatory and talked with some friends. Cephalic was good...the Seinfeld music killed me though! I was happy to see Decapitated since I missed them last time. And Necrophagist...they totally killed! The drum solo was awesome I think! My friend Shane was telling me that Marco has 3 instructional videos out on how to learn drums and that's how Shane heard of him.

The place was so crowded that I only saw a few people. I totally missed you Holly! ...along with a bunch of other people who were there.

@Slut Rag - Dude that fucking sucks about you and your friend! You should kick his ass for that! :wink:
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Pat

Post by Pat » Fri June 8th, 2007, 12:47 pm

Ecrypt wrote:Hey Pat, from now on, always say you're 21!!!
Yeah, he said it was obvious because they don't even sell that kind of beer there. Oh well. I'm just glad he didn't get the cop.

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Fri June 8th, 2007, 1:43 pm

at the masq. before i was 21, i always just found a wrist band on the floor once i got on, and managed to make it stick long enough to buy beer

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sat June 9th, 2007, 10:25 am

necroodin wrote:at the masq. before i was 21, i always just found a wrist band on the floor once i got on, and managed to make it stick long enough to buy beer
lol I don't think I've ever seen any on the floor. I find that if I'm with some people who obviously are over 21 and I have on a long sleeve shirt, they serve me. They just don't look for my wrist band and since I'm usually with people who are over 21, they assume I am too I suppose. It also helps that I don't act like I'm 12 either.

And once, I went to a show with Skully and another friend, we were walking towards the box office just talking or whatever, the guy was asking if we were drinking and I said no cause I figured he would ask for my ID but he was all like, "Oh come on, you're not drinking? Here" and put a wristband on me. I got drunk that night! I was 18 when that happened.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

kfoll

Post by kfoll » Sat June 9th, 2007, 3:08 pm

I think for the first time in living history I was completely and utterly dead-cold sober at that show. It was weird, to say the least.
----------------------------------