Horna-November 13th

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Blarg!

Post by Blarg! » Fri November 14th, 2008, 12:08 am

The Horna vocalist...

enough said.

Morgion

Post by Morgion » Fri November 14th, 2008, 12:39 am

Horna and BSD were disappointing...especially Horna. I mean...cmon, drinking Smirnoff Ice on stage? If you are going to exhibit your alcoholism during your set, at least choose a better fucking drink. Not to mention the vocalist falling off stage...cool.

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Fri November 14th, 2008, 12:43 am

Yeah the vocalist was weird as hell...I kept smiling and laughing at him cuz he kept staring at everyone like he was possessed. And I wasn't expecting him to start singing on the floor. It was pretty funny.

But I got there at like 8:45 so I missed Obscurum and only got to see 2 songs from Legions of Astaroth but those 2 songs were really good. I wish I would of gotten there to see their whole set.

Blood Stained Dusk were ok...

But despite the singer's weird behavior, Horna still was really good imo. The only thing was sometimes you couldn't hear the vocals that good, but overall it was a good show. :D

TSisterfan567

Post by TSisterfan567 » Fri November 14th, 2008, 1:15 am

That was stupid, so glad I didn't waste money on that.
I am the earth...

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Fri November 14th, 2008, 10:52 am

I wasn't disappointed at all and thought it was a great show. Good turnout too for Swayze's on a Thursday night. I'll even say that it's the best show I've seen there since Grave and Dismember a couple years back. I don't know, maybe I'm just still in a daze from getting the back of my head smacked on the floor after Horna's vocalist apparently threw himself off the stage (chicken bone clad arm first, I hope) in my general direction. I'm still not 100% sure what exactly happened. Falling backwards I somehow managed to skin my elbows through my leather jacket. I spent about ten minutes this morning at work digging Smirnoff glass out of the back of my jacket.

I thought Obscurum sounded great with two guitars this time, Legions never dissapoints, BSD's last song with Jason from Quinta Essentia killed, and Horna sounded great in my opinion. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

ScreamBloodyGore

Post by ScreamBloodyGore » Fri November 14th, 2008, 1:39 pm

Yeah, it was a fun show. Great Thursday night.

Although it is hard to look kvlt and grim when holding a Smirnoff Ice onstage, I still thought Horna killed. If you disregard the vocalist's antics and only take their sound into account, you can't deny that it was damn good.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Fri November 14th, 2008, 2:42 pm

I got there right when Horna started. I wasn't too familar with them but I enjoyed their set. The vocalists antics were hillariously awesome and kept it from getting boring.

theRothstanator

Post by theRothstanator » Fri November 14th, 2008, 3:59 pm

Apologies to anyone that I talked to or came into contact with. I'm sure that I didn't say anything that made sense. Good times.
"Other than shame and guilt I am fine." - Melkor

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Fri November 14th, 2008, 5:37 pm

ScreamBloodyGore wrote:If you disregard the vocalist's antics and only take their sound into account, you can't deny that it was damn good.
Yeah....exactly my thoughts

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Fri November 14th, 2008, 10:31 pm

theRothstanator wrote:Apologies to anyone that I talked to or came into contact with. I'm sure that I didn't say anything that made sense. Good times.
AHAHAHA!

I had a great time! I met ScreamBloodyGore, blackroija and blarg!. Good to finally put faces to your names finally! ...well Blarg had on corpsepaint so I may have trouble recognizing him next time lol. and yes I remember your real names haha

I must say I really enjoyed Obscurum's set. I must give some mad props to Blarg's drumming. I was very impressed. 8) Legions was good as always and BSD was good too. I haven't seen them since Patrick was in that band. ...it's been awhile. Horna was good...never heard anything by them before. Yeah, their lead singer was fucking nuts! Tommy, he jumped right off the stage as if in a stage dive...into you! Noone saw it coming either obviously.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

BlackRoija
WREKage Staff

Post by BlackRoija » Sat November 15th, 2008, 12:04 am

IIIIIIIIIII've got pictures!

http://www.I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS.com/photo.php?pid=4 ... =695120103

For those of you without I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS, this is all you really need to see:

About sums up that whole show.

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Sat November 15th, 2008, 1:16 am

Lmao...I tried to take a pic of him laying there but my cell phone was too crappy. Yeah I got some too if anyone cares:

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sat November 15th, 2008, 4:59 pm

@BlackRoija - I took a look at your pics on I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS...NICE! and yeah, the one of Corvis laying on the floor is priceless! haha

@GameFreac - those came from your cell phone? damn, it puts my camera phone to shame!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Sat November 15th, 2008, 7:56 pm

Metalfreak wrote:@BlackRoija - I took a look at your pics on I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS...NICE! and yeah, the one of Corvis laying on the floor is priceless! haha

@GameFreac - those came from your cell phone? damn, it puts my camera phone to shame!
Yeah it's decent...but if it's dark at all, it sucks. And the sound quality sucks on the videos. But it's good for alright pics when you don't feel like bringing your camera.

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Sun November 16th, 2008, 1:49 am

ive got a fridge full of smirnoff ice, kiss my ass!