Exodus - September 3rd

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Sun September 12th, 2010, 2:31 am

I'm not saying that headbanging is gay or my way of having fun is significantly better because I have a thumb up my ass. I will headbang, mosh, and crowd surf all day as long as I have the energy or I don't mind waking up sore the next day. Windmilling just isn't my thing. If someone wants to mosh Macarena style at a metal show then by all means.
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Sun September 12th, 2010, 2:33 am

I headbang but I don't understand the guy that stands way in the back, puts his hands on his knees and just windmills for 45 minutes straight in the same position.

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Sun September 12th, 2010, 2:42 am

My only thing is how can people say they enjoyed a metal concert if all they remember is spinning their head for 45 minutes pissed drunk without even stopping to watch the band for at least 1 song?

You can do that at home in front of your computer watching Youtube videos of concerts you wish you were at without having to pay all the money for the concert and the expensive booze.
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

Diana

Post by Diana » Sun September 12th, 2010, 5:54 am

I was at a show one night, can't remember which one, and the guy in front of me was windmilling the whole time. I have no problem with this. But I had a hairpin in my hair and he kept getting caught in it, so I had to keep freeing him from it, and I guess we were both too drunk to consider relocating. We just kept getting tangled and giggling about it.

SadisticRitual

Post by SadisticRitual » Sun September 12th, 2010, 8:13 am

hey well whatever floats their boat. now i'm not saying i would be one to do that, but if that's how they enjoy their music then by all means. personally i think i'd be a little dizzy after so long haha

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Sun September 12th, 2010, 10:09 am

The windmill I was referring to was an old kind of dance that involved throwing the right arm out stiffly and windmilling it while moshing in the circle pit. Variation included what I heard called the Elephant Man (may have only been a colloquial term, never saw it in print) where while the right arm windmilled the left arm was crossed over the face at the elbow rendering the dancer blind. Kept everyone on their toes, ya know.

The picking up change or lawnmower are variation on the floorpunch which were also done while moving, not standing still. All the standing still shit is variations of the NY style kung fu shit. It's kinda dumb, but, at least, people use that shit to show off their stylee. At the Trash Talk set at Scion it looked pretty bad ass to see forty kids doing that kung fu shit all at once. Kinda like a Jazzaerobics class gone bad.

That headbang windmilling looks like it would hurt like a motherfucker the next day. My neck sounds enough like a box of Rice Crispies already. It also loses a bit of the visual impact when done by bald dudes like the singer of Pathology.

TonyE99

Post by TonyE99 » Sun September 12th, 2010, 11:30 am

The windmilling I was talking about was like DK's DOWN+B move in Super Smash.

CAlexanderParra

Post by CAlexanderParra » Sun September 12th, 2010, 5:15 pm

TonyE99 wrote:The windmilling I was talking about was like DK's DOWN+B move in Super Smash.
Win

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun September 12th, 2010, 6:17 pm

Hehehe I used to be one of those who would windmill for the whole entire concert. I stopped a few years back because my neck muscles were almost comparable to George Fishers...and that is NOT attractive on a girl LOL! My neck has since gotten significantly smaller.

Now, I just windmill when it's a song I really like, if it's a song I really really like, then I crowdsurf, continue to headbang and get in the pit.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Sun September 12th, 2010, 9:26 pm

I was a windmill banger. I don't get the controversy.

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Tue September 14th, 2010, 12:27 pm

SadisticRitual wrote:
so now headbanging is gay...? sorry that's just getting a little out of hand there. i like to have fun with my music and do what i like like everyone else. all this elitist stuff is bullshit. there's no right or wrong way to enjoy metal. i think the only wrong way is to sit on your ass in the back and not have any fun with it
I'll second that.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Tue September 14th, 2010, 1:22 pm

Azrael wrote:I was a windmill banger. I don't get the controversy.
I don't either. I just stopped doing that constantly for the sake of my neck not getting bigger :lol:
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Tue September 14th, 2010, 3:03 pm

Metalfreak wrote:
Azrael wrote:I was a windmill banger. I don't get the controversy.
I don't either. I just stopped doing that constantly for the sake of my neck not getting bigger :lol:
I quit because I felt like an idiot as a 27 year old man up there still windmilling, unless your Corpsegrinder. Now I think watching while ingesting large amounts of alcohol is just as great of a way show my appreciation of the music.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Tue September 14th, 2010, 3:42 pm

badcarburetor wrote:The windmill I was referring to was an old kind of dance that involved throwing the right arm out stiffly and windmilling it while moshing in the circle pit. Variation included what I heard called the Elephant Man (may have only been a colloquial term, never saw it in print) where while the right arm windmilled the left arm was crossed over the face at the elbow rendering the dancer blind. Kept everyone on their toes, ya know.

The picking up change or lawnmower are variation on the floorpunch which were also done while moving, not standing still. All the standing still shit is variations of the NY style kung fu shit. It's kinda dumb, but, at least, people use that shit to show off their stylee. At the Trash Talk set at Scion it looked pretty bad ass to see forty kids doing that kung fu shit all at once. Kinda like a Jazzaerobics class gone bad.

That headbang windmilling looks like it would hurt like a motherfucker the next day. My neck sounds enough like a box of Rice Crispies already. It also loses a bit of the visual impact when done by bald dudes like the singer of Pathology.
Is this the ninja stuff the metalcore/hardcore kids do today in the middle of the floor?

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Tue September 14th, 2010, 3:45 pm

Someone should make a movie about moshing/headbanging/etc.