Nov 20th - EXHUMED, AMOEBIC DYSENTERY, WITHERED @underground

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Mon November 21st, 2005, 9:30 am

necroodin wrote:Were you riding with the Anal Secretion vocalist (who I sadly missed AGAIN) and the older man in a blue shirt whom looked somewhat uncomfortable?
Indeed, I was. I am the guitarist/ vocalist in Anal Secretion. Its a shame you missed our set. It was probobly our best show so far I think.

(P.S. All the bands we covered during the Atlanta Metal Medley are 100's of times better than us)

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon November 21st, 2005, 10:08 am

overall it was definitely worth my $10. anal secretion was funny as hell. withered, amoebic, and exhumed all were great. i was kind of disappointed that exhumed didnt play some of there best songs like open the abscess, and NOTHING from the split with hemdale.

hey necrodin were you the dude in the path of the weakening shirt?

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon November 21st, 2005, 11:39 am

Matt wrote:
necroodin wrote:Hail to my Mexican brothers if any read this.
hell yeah the mexicans rule.
lol You gotta love the Mexicans!

This show was fuckin awesome! My neck was still sore from the Hellgoat show on Thursday...and now it will continue to be sore! You also gotta love the 16 year olds in jockstraps...and Alex spitting on himself...

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon November 21st, 2005, 12:02 pm

necroodin wrote:Did you all dream of Exhumed and the stalwart lads of Amoebic Dysentery?
I probably did but I don't remember. I'm surprised I didn't have any nightmares about the incident I had on MARTA while on my way to the show.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Mon November 21st, 2005, 12:05 pm

Spanks to everyone that came out. Was a good time. Unfortuantley for me I had to load up gear when Exhumed played 2 of the 3 songs I wanted to hear. Doh! The Samhain cover was a nice touch.

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Mon November 21st, 2005, 12:27 pm

Matt: That was I.

That show was so worth $10 dollars. I'd like to see some similar shows at that venue in the future. Laid back club, but last night had a good vibe to it. Most excellent. Was very pleased to finally see the Dysentery!

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Mon November 21st, 2005, 2:27 pm

Thanks to everyone who came out. I had a really good time and Alley Cats was much nicer than I expected, and parking wasn't bad at all. Exhumed and Withered was awesome and I'm glad people enjoyed themselves. The sound was good too!

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Mon November 21st, 2005, 4:03 pm

I think I'd rather see a show there instead of Hell at the masquerade.

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Mon November 21st, 2005, 4:23 pm

The show was awesome, It got a fair turnout too.

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Mon November 21st, 2005, 4:36 pm

I truelly enjoyed the vibe of the show last night. People who really wanted to be there, not the weekend warrior metalheads that sometimes populate the bigger shows at the Masq. Generally I like the smaller gigs better.. Avulsion & Monstrosity at the Somber Reptile.. Cephalic and Deeds at the 513.. gigs like that. Drink prices were very reasonable, food was good, $3 parking is a plus, place had good sound, better than the Masq., toker friendly staff. More shows here!

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Mon November 21st, 2005, 5:26 pm

necroodin wrote:I truelly enjoyed the vibe of the show last night. People who really wanted to be there, not the weekend warrior metalheads that sometimes populate the bigger shows at the Masq. Generally I like the smaller gigs better.. Avulsion & Monstrosity at the Somber Reptile.. Cephalic and Deeds at the 513.. gigs like that. Drink prices were very reasonable, food was good, $3 parking is a plus, place had good sound, better than the Masq., toker friendly staff. More shows here!
thats the way shows should be

Pat

Post by Pat » Mon November 21st, 2005, 6:18 pm

Thank you all for coming out. I had a blast at this show. Withered was loud as shit. I'm glad people liked the Atlanta Metal Medley.

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Mon November 21st, 2005, 7:03 pm

DONT GROUND PAT

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Mon November 21st, 2005, 11:15 pm

Pat wrote:Thank you all for coming out. I had a blast at this show. Withered was loud as shit. I'm glad people liked the Atlanta Metal Medley.
like i said at the show......that was the best impression of me i've ever seen. i've actually never had the pleasure of seeing one before. you guys were hilarious!

the show was great and lots of fun. the only down side was that exhumed's sound wasn't mixed very well. one guitar overwhelming the other. and i was also a little dissapointed that they didn't have their spiked gauntlets and severed heads.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Mon November 21st, 2005, 11:53 pm

I sprained the fuck out of my ankle saturday night otherwise I'd have come out. I was definitely looking forward to seeing every band on the bill for a change.

Unfortunately it looks like I have a purple football hanging off my shin right now.