Emperor...in NYC

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

brutaldeath

Post by brutaldeath » Thu December 1st, 2005, 5:01 pm

i have only been there twice.... was in different parts... Brookly, Upper Eastside, etc...
My office was near Times Square... never really saw anything in that area.

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Thu December 1st, 2005, 5:10 pm

brutaldeath wrote:i have only been there twice.... was in different parts... Brookly, Upper Eastside, etc...
I adore Brooklyn.
The Upper East Side is nice as hell, and I love hitting up the Met.
I dig the Village as well.

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Thu December 1st, 2005, 5:48 pm

holly wrote:
Metalfreak wrote:
holly wrote:
brutaldeath wrote:cool, i know that area and know the hotels, not far from Times Square....
there is a cool horror themed bar down there too we could have a beer at.
I really hate the Times Square area.
But I know not of this bar you speak of.
Sounds intriguing.
ooo I love Times Square! Maybe I can get my aunt down during that time...I went on vacation with her twice to NYC....
Yeah, see, I grew up in Philly and did weekend trips to NYC while growing up.
That & my husband is from NY state, so I've been many a time.

Time Square is the smelly tourist part of the city, and I think the Sanrio store is the only half interesting thing there.
There is SOOOOOO much more to do in that city than walk around those few blocks doing nothing.
Ahh the days when Times Square was all peep shows and hookers. Now it's MTV and Disney. Lame.

brutaldeath

Post by brutaldeath » Fri December 2nd, 2005, 11:44 am

I only visited Brooklyn to go to a metal BBQ up there so i only saw a little of Brooklyn which was like total shock after staying on W. 72nd in my boss' apt.....

i went to East Villiage as well, was cool....

holly wrote:
brutaldeath wrote:i have only been there twice.... was in different parts... Brookly, Upper Eastside, etc...
I adore Brooklyn.
The Upper East Side is nice as hell, and I love hitting up the Met.
I dig the Village as well.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue December 6th, 2005, 6:51 am

If anyone else wants to go to see Emperor in NY, you'd better get a ticket fast. The first show sold out and the second one is headed that way.

Apparently the NY and LA shows have been confirmed as the only cities Emperor will be playing -- an earlier rumour that they'd booked a show at
Jaxx in Virginia has been dispelled. (Jaxx looooves to pull shit like that on their website.)

I kinda liked Times Square when I went up there -- I never felt unsafe with a cop standing every fifty feet on the sidewalk, or so it seemed -- and there's a lot to see there if it's your first time. I went to see Dream Theater at BB King's -- pretty cool venue, small stage though -- and we found a surprisingly cheap room (less than $90/night) at a regular chain hotel within a few blocks' walk.

Oh, and it snowed. That was kinda cool to see, too. :twisted:

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Tue December 6th, 2005, 8:34 am

WREKage-Paul wrote:If anyone else wants to go to see Emperor in NY, you'd better get a ticket fast. The first show sold out and the second one is headed that way.

Apparently the NY and LA shows have been confirmed as the only cities Emperor will be playing -- an earlier rumour that they'd booked a show at
Jaxx in Virginia has been dispelled. (Jaxx looooves to pull shit like that on their website.)

I kinda liked Times Square when I went up there -- I never felt unsafe with a cop standing every fifty feet on the sidewalk, or so it seemed -- and there's a lot to see there if it's your first time. I went to see Dream Theater at BB King's -- pretty cool venue, small stage though -- and we found a surprisingly cheap room (less than $90/night) at a regular chain hotel within a few blocks' walk.

Oh, and it snowed. That was kinda cool to see, too. :twisted:
NYC isn't an unsafe place to begin with.
Atlanta is far more dangerous, and especially moreso than the tourist parts of NYC.

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Tue December 6th, 2005, 3:00 pm

I've never had a safety issue in either city.

brutaldeath

Post by brutaldeath » Tue December 6th, 2005, 3:46 pm

i never felt unsafe...quite the opposite really...everyone was nice.

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Tue December 6th, 2005, 4:01 pm

necroodin wrote:I've never had a safety issue in either city.
Me neither, but I don't hang out in College Park, East Point, Bankhead, Decatur, etc.
Ask Paul about the fun times at his old apartment in Dekalb.

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Tue December 6th, 2005, 4:39 pm

Oh shiznit. You be speakin bout the most-crunk zones in the a-town!

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Tue December 6th, 2005, 4:41 pm

necroodin wrote:Oh shiznit. You be speakin bout the most-crunk zones in the a-town!
Yes, zones where I frequently go en route to the airport or the doctor.
Trust me, speaking from experience in bad areas of Philly, NYC, & Atlanta: Atlanta is the worst.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Wed December 7th, 2005, 9:47 am

holly wrote:
necroodin wrote:Oh shiznit. You be speakin bout the most-crunk zones in the a-town!
Trust me, speaking from experience in bad areas of Philly, NYC, & Atlanta: Atlanta is the worst.
haha I agree with you there! My mom lives on Gresham Rd and yeah, it sucks! I hate going to that neighborhood...at least it's not like bankhead or eastpoint. I mean it's not cracktown USA but pretty damn close!

It sold out? haha I already have my ticket! (as stated in first post) This is going to be fuckin awesome!

brutaldeath

Post by brutaldeath » Wed December 7th, 2005, 1:57 pm

i have to say... I dated a guy in Philly for a year or so and some of it scared me.... it was a shitty city back then.... even he called it Filthadelphia.....

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Wed December 7th, 2005, 4:34 pm

Metalfreak wrote:
holly wrote:
haha I agree with you there! My mom lives on Gresham Rd and yeah, it sucks! I hate going to that neighborhood...at least it's not like bankhead or eastpoint. I mean it's not cracktown USA but pretty damn close!

It sold out? haha I already have my ticket! (as stated in first post) This is going to be fuckin awesome!
My old doctor was in West End and my new one is in East Point.
Sweet shit.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Fri December 16th, 2005, 7:20 am

FRom what I saw and heard, Detroit beats every other city hands-down. I remember driving through part of Detroit that seriously looked like a war-zone. "This can't be real....this looks like a movie set." Nope.