Queensryche 10/27 @ The Tabernacle

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Wed August 18th, 2004, 6:01 pm

Seems like there are a lot of good shows on tap the next couple of months, including this one.

From what I play on the show you probably wouldn't exactly pin me down as the biggest Queensryche fan but the reason I'm excited about this show is they are gonna play the album Operation: Mindcrime in its entirety. Operation: Mindcrime is probably the best metal concept album ever written, possibly the best concept album ever written in music period. It's a killer album and I hope they have some kind of theatrics set up to go along with the storyline.

The only part that sucks is that 30$+ price tag... ouch. It should be more than worth it though.

BoB

Post by BoB » Thu August 19th, 2004, 8:06 am

They did parts of that last fall when they were here w/ Dream Theater & Fates Warning. WREKage did supply tickets for that show so perhaps we'll get fortunate this time around too...

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Thu August 19th, 2004, 3:48 pm

I think neither guitar player on this tour played on that album but I'd probably go anyway. I read that there's going to be live actors too. I saw them play the whole album on the Empire tour (my first concert) and that was fucking incredible.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Fri August 20th, 2004, 2:15 pm

Live actors sounds cool. I wonder if they're gonna turn it into some kind of rock opera thing?

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Fri August 20th, 2004, 2:28 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Greg+Aug 20 2004, 02:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Greg @ Aug 20 2004, 02:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Live actors sounds cool. I wonder if they're gonna turn it into some kind of rock opera thing? [/quote]
Rrock opera? Did no one learn the lesson of Quadrophenia? :m0nk3yp33:

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue August 24th, 2004, 5:02 am

I still haven't decided if I wanna go to this show. Seeing "Operation: Mindcrime" again in its entirety would be cool, but the pricetag is kinda high and let's face it, the QR of today is a pale shadow indeed of what they were in their glory days. It's hard to find many old-school fans who truly like Q2K or Hear In the Now Frontier.

I'm really curious to know how it's been selling.
Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM