THE HAUNTED AND DARK TRANQUILITY

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Thu January 25th, 2007, 1:52 am

Vince wrote:Actually, no. It doesn't. Your syntax is completely off. This is what you said:

"i do appologize if by some chance i havnt seemed like the epidimy of metal. never claimed to be just a kid who likes metal and for sure knows his metal."

Epitome = embodiment or exemplification

Epidemy = an epidemic disease

Plug both of those of those into your sentence and see which one makes more sense. Then take the SAT again and get back to me.
Holy shit, Vince, where'd you get those claws from all of a sudden?
;)

Vince

Post by Vince » Thu January 25th, 2007, 1:59 am

I can't tolerate complete grammatical ineptitude, even over the internets.

MikeLindgren

Post by MikeLindgren » Thu January 25th, 2007, 5:57 am

Vince wrote:I can't tolerate complete grammatical ineptitude, even over the internets.
::kiss::

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Thu January 25th, 2007, 11:51 am

LOL @ the internet man-love.

Ecrypt

Post by Ecrypt » Thu January 25th, 2007, 12:17 pm

Vince wrote:Actually, no. It doesn't. Your syntax is completely off. This is what you said:

"i do appologize if by some chance i havnt seemed like the epidimy of metal. never claimed to be just a kid who likes metal and for sure knows his metal."

Epitome = embodiment or exemplification

Epidemy = an epidemic disease

Plug both of those of those into your sentence and see which one makes more sense. Then take the SAT again and get back to me.
BUUUUUUURRRRRNNN!!!!!!!

MikeLindgren

Post by MikeLindgren » Thu January 25th, 2007, 12:24 pm

No doubt, little Miss!

Grammatical accuracy, syntax, and generally well-parsed verbage are the earmarks of a civilised person.

It's so rare nowadays, that it's stunning. Sometimes I believe my wish of being the smartest person on earth was bestowed upon me by, instead, ensuring that 99.9% of the US population is stricken with a gross inability to fully grasp something as easy as THEIR NATIVE TONGUE!

When foreigners, much like NeuroSaam, speak better English than your average, native-born citizen, we've got to, collectively, look ourself in the face, and say, "WHAT THE FUCK!? Over."

When those, such as Sir Vincent, weild the weapon of verbal warfare so masterfully, and filet the disrighteous with the rapier's edge of proper usage of the English tongue, I swoon at the thought of another human being that has, behold, read more than one book.

::sigh::

Such is the pain of my heart; to know few lassies who enjoy books more than sex. Nothing is hotter than a chick in a Barnes & Noble, but only if she's NOT in the "Relationships" section.

This being said, as hot as Vince's silky smooth head is, the man-luv, shan't leave this'un here internet.

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Thu January 25th, 2007, 2:43 pm

That was glorious.

necro

Post by necro » Thu January 25th, 2007, 7:54 pm

damn Mike. very impressive, as to think that the sheer incompetence of the 99.9% of so called Americans not even having the logical mentality to fully cognize there own impudence. myself i am apprised of my own bewilderment in many instances so i do so savor the contingency to have a conversation with another on the same mental level. but it does take decidedly a lot to grab my unabridged attention in most situations to even give a shit what they may be implicated with.

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Thu January 25th, 2007, 9:38 pm

necro wrote:damn Mike. very impressive, as to think that the sheer incompetence of the 99.9% of so called Americans not even having the logical mentality to fully cognize there own impudence. myself i am apprised of my own bewilderment in many instances so i do so savor the contingency to have a conversation with another on the same mental level. but it does take decidedly a lot to grab my unabridged attention in most situations to even give a shit what they may be implicated with.
JESUS CHRIST.
NICE TRY, BUT YOU DIDN'T EVEN USE THE RIGHT FORM OF THERE/THEIR/THEY'RE.
PLEASE FUCKING KILL YOURSELF PROMPTLY.

stalindrummer

Post by stalindrummer » Thu January 25th, 2007, 9:52 pm

holly wrote:
necro wrote:damn Mike. very impressive, as to think that the sheer incompetence of the 99.9% of so called Americans not even having the logical mentality to fully cognize there own impudence. myself i am apprised of my own bewilderment in many instances so i do so savor the contingency to have a conversation with another on the same mental level. but it does take decidedly a lot to grab my unabridged attention in most situations to even give a shit what they may be implicated with.
JESUS CHRIST.
NICE TRY, BUT YOU DIDN'T EVEN USE THE RIGHT FORM OF THERE/THEIR/THEY'RE.
PLEASE FUCKING KILL YOURSELF PROMPTLY.
.......please. :wink:

Pat

Post by Pat » Thu January 25th, 2007, 10:43 pm

BIG WORDS!!!

BoB

Post by BoB » Fri January 26th, 2007, 1:12 pm

Vince wrote:I can't tolerate complete grammatical ineptitude, even over the internets.
Oh you must mean all the internets in all the universes...

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Fri January 26th, 2007, 3:28 pm

BoB wrote:
Oh you must mean all the internets in all the universes...
EXACTLY.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Fri February 2nd, 2007, 3:32 am

MikeLindgren wrote:No doubt, little Miss!

Grammatical accuracy, syntax, and generally well-parsed verbage are the earmarks of a civilised person.

It's so rare nowadays, that it's stunning. Sometimes I believe my wish of being the smartest person on earth was bestowed upon me by, instead, ensuring that 99.9% of the US population is stricken with a gross inability to fully grasp something as easy as THEIR NATIVE TONGUE!

When foreigners, much like NeuroSaam, speak better English than your average, native-born citizen, we've got to, collectively, look ourself in the face, and say, "WHAT THE FUCK!? Over."

When those, such as Sir Vincent, weild the weapon of verbal warfare so masterfully, and filet the disrighteous with the rapier's edge of proper usage of the English tongue, I swoon at the thought of another human being that has, behold, read more than one book.

::sigh::

Such is the pain of my heart; to know few lassies who enjoy books more than sex. Nothing is hotter than a chick in a Barnes & Noble, but only if she's NOT in the "Relationships" section.

This being said, as hot as Vince's silky smooth head is, the man-luv, shan't leave this'un here internet.
Uh...it's "wield." :lol: :lol:

kamal

Post by kamal » Fri February 2nd, 2007, 10:46 am

Uh...get over yourselves.

So does anyone else own the Dark Tranquillity (yes, they spell it wrong) dvd besides me? I love the band - probably the only In Flames-ish band I've really gotten into - but the dvd concert is pretty weak. Not so much for the dvd features themselves, nor the bands performance but because it was was their first show in Poland and no one was there. The camera stays really tight on the first few rows to give you the impression that they're playing to a packed-out venue but whenever it pans out you see kids standing there in a nigh empty building. It's really funny because, in the interview, Mikael Stanne talks about a recent show in Stockholm (or maybe it was Gothenburg) where they played for 3,000 people.

Why not record the dvd there, silly Swedes?
ShorelessSkies.com