Ozzfest

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Thu July 1st, 2004, 9:43 pm

It sucks that it's not coming to Atlanta but that's not stopping me from going! The line up kills. Who's going? I'm going to the Nashvile date.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Thu July 1st, 2004, 10:13 pm

I'm assuming that is the closest one to Atlanta.

When is it, and how much? Those of us who are broke ass college kids need to know these things.

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Thu July 1st, 2004, 10:21 pm

A couple of years ago, I think lawn tickets for Ozzfest were 75. I'm guessing they're more than that this year. After ticketmaster's rapage fee, I'm gonna guess that you can't get into Ozzfest this year for less than 100 bucks. Just a guess though...

BoB

Post by BoB » Thu July 1st, 2004, 11:24 pm

I remember seeing Ozzy in 1992 for the tour supporting the "No More Tears" album - the tour was called "No More Tours" and was supposed to be his retirement tour. Sharon's a damn slave driver... $100+ tickets (for lawn???), 2nd stage bands having to pay that bitch to play, and probably lack of shade for an all day sweat-fest will keep me @ home listening to cds...

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Thu July 1st, 2004, 11:36 pm

For the Nashville show, here's the breakdown:

GENERAL ADMISSION MOSH PIT FRONT OF STAGE
US $75.25

FRONT OF HOUSE GOLD CIRCLE ROWS I-W
US $75.25

MIDPOINT OF HOUSE GOLD CIRCLE ROWS A-J
US $55.25 - US $75.25

SILVER SEATING ROWS K-DD
US $55.25 - US $75.25

GENERAL ADMISSION ON LAWN BEYOND RESERVED SEATING
US $32.75

Add at least 15 bucks to each of these, in rapage fees... :P

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Fri July 2nd, 2004, 3:20 pm

haha rapage fees! you got that right! yeah, I paid like $80 or $90 in all.

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Mon July 5th, 2004, 1:58 am

Ill be in nashville

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Thu July 8th, 2004, 3:37 pm

SMNnews has the time slots for the bands posted <a href='http://www.smnnews.com/index.php?subact ... rom=&ucat=&' target='_blank'>here</a>. Some really strange things at this year's Ozzfest, like the first band goes on at 930am (sucks for them), most bands on the second stage only play a 20 minute set, and Judas Priest plays longer than Black Sabbath, with Sabbath only playing an hour while Priest plays for 75 minutes. All things that kinda raised my eyebrow, but it's not like it's coming to Atlanta anyway. :P

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Fri July 9th, 2004, 9:29 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Fn Dan+Jul 8 2004, 03:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fn Dan @ Jul 8 2004, 03:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> SMNnews has the time slots for the bands posted <a href='http://www.smnnews.com/index.php?subact ... rom=&ucat=&' target='_blank'>here</a>. Some really strange things at this year's Ozzfest, like the first band goes on at 930am (sucks for them), most bands on the second stage only play a 20 minute set, and Judas Priest plays longer than Black Sabbath, with Sabbath only playing an hour while Priest plays for 75 minutes. All things that kinda raised my eyebrow, but it's not like it's coming to Atlanta anyway. :P [/quote]
20 minute sets? that's like 5 songs, maybe 6 or even 4. I guess that's what they gotta do if they want to fit all the bands on it. But Black Sabbath should have 75 minutes since they're headlining. I agree, it's strange.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun July 11th, 2004, 11:36 pm

I'm going tomorrow (well, today) in Massachusetts! I get to go twice!

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Tue July 13th, 2004, 12:25 am

Hell yeah, Priest gets 75 mins. So that'll be the headliner for me cause im gonna leave before sabbath, I have gotten really gotten sick of them. It just sucks that it starts so damn early.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue July 13th, 2004, 4:58 am

I'd love to see Priest and several other bands on the bill, and it's cool that the mallcore bands are gradually being shifted out of the picture at OzzFest....but I'm not paying that much money when some of the bands I'd like to see are playing at 9:30 am for a measly 20 minutes. Is it any wonder that Opeth declined to tour with Ozzfest? "Hi, we're Opeth. This is 'Black Rose Immortal.'" <song is played> "Thank you, Nashville! Goodnight!" And it's &#036;75,000 for the 'privilege,' too.

I went last year primarily to see Cradle, and I was lucky enough to score a free ticket (sometimes it's good to have, of all things, a goth connection here and there), but travel, and pay the big ticket price? Nahhh.

Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Tue July 13th, 2004, 3:57 pm

I went to the one in Massachusetts yesterday and it was fucking awseome! We bought the tickets at the window yesterday and all they had were a few front row seats! So that's what we got, well, the second row... Holy shit it was so awesome to get to see those bands up close! I got a Slayer and a Black Sabbath pick. During Judas Priest's last song, Halford came out on a Harley. Dimmu Borgir was fuckin' great! I was one of the few people up there who actually knew the words...Galder noticed. Phil Anselmo didn't do as much ranting as he usually does but they did a good job too. And so did BLS. And then there was Ozzy! He forgot a few of the words but hey, he's old! Iommi made up for that, though! I also saw this girl punch this guy right in between the eyes for a BLS drumstick...and neither of them got it. I can't wait till I go again in Nashville! :m3t4l:

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Sat July 17th, 2004, 11:40 am

Well it looks like i cant go, sucks.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Tue July 27th, 2004, 4:03 pm

I went to the one in Nashville and Black Sabbath performed -well Ozzy- way better than he did in Massachusetts. He was more energetic and he didn't mumble as much. hehe. This time around, I got autographs- Lacuna Coil's, Hatebreed's, and Kerry King's! And I got a sunburn from hell... did anybody else go to the Nashville date?