Dimmu Borgir

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Tue July 27th, 2004, 3:59 pm

yeah Atreyu suck! It would be awesome if it was Lacuna Coil instead! :3v1l:
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

BoB

Post by BoB » Wed July 28th, 2004, 8:38 am

I was in the electronics section of WalMart and on all the TVs they had some marketing stream bullshit - on at the particular time was a Lacuna Coil video. That's some poser shit... but at 'always low prices'TM. :urm0m:

Given that WREK's policy is "play nothing that's played commercially", doesn't that imply that since this entire song/video was a commercial that it falls outside WREK's scope and WREK should no longer play LacunaCoil? I believe the WREK attorneys would side with me on this.

bid

Post by bid » Wed July 28th, 2004, 9:26 am

<!--QuoteBegin-bob+Jul 28 2004, 09:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bob @ Jul 28 2004, 09:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Given that WREK's policy is "play nothing that's played commercially", doesn't that imply that since this entire song/video was a commercial that it falls outside WREK's scope and WREK should no longer play LacunaCoil? I believe the WREK attorneys would side with me on this. [/quote]
Depends. Do other stations play Lacuna Coil? If so, we'll have to stop.
bidyut

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Wed July 28th, 2004, 9:49 am

<!--QuoteBegin-bid+Jul 28 2004, 10:26 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bid @ Jul 28 2004, 10:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Depends. Do other stations play Lacuna Coil? If so, we'll have to stop. [/quote]
I haven't heard them being played in Atlanta. They may be getting airplay in other cities, but as far as I know, we're the only ones playing them here.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Wed July 28th, 2004, 10:25 am

The song Heaven's A Lie was getting airplay on about 2 dozen commercial stations. The only I remember is one in Boston because I read that Lacuna Coil played it live unplugged at that station.

The older stuff is definitely not getting commercial attention so you may want to take that into consideration too.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Wed July 28th, 2004, 10:35 am

The older, heavier stuff is better anyway.

Bob, I bet you were looking for the mute button weren't you? :lol:

BoB

Post by BoB » Wed July 28th, 2004, 11:55 am

Bob, I bet you were looking for the mute button weren't you?
No, I was looking for the exit! I had my son with me - that sort of exposure is considered child abuse.

and I wasn't alluding that it received commercial radio play, although Dan confirmed that it does. I was just pointing out that since it was played on the "walmart channel" of commercials, which probably loops many dozens of times per day in every store, that that should certainly count as "commercial" play, as opposed to "non-commercial" WREK. And it's just the fact that some walmart exec, probably in his 50s, living in Arkansas and listening to Amy Grant, thinks that LacunaCoil is what kids want to hear and it also fits into the wholesome walmart way of life - that's a sure sign that you've got crap on your hands. Well, that and the fact that it sounded like shit.

I think LacunaCoil would do better touring with Jessica Simpson or Christina Aguilera.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Mon August 9th, 2004, 4:00 am

I guess we'll have to quit playing Iron Maiden, too.

Golly, Bob, two -- count 'em, TWO -- Dimmu Borgir songs were used in the trailer for the movie Hellboy. I guess we can scrap them, too?

Incidentally, regarding Lacuna Coil opening for Dimmu.... Originally that was supposed to be an almost-festival-length show, with a bunch of mostly-side-stage bands playing an off-Ozzfest gig, and I'd been thinking LC could be one of the 4-6 bands that could have been on the bill opening for Dimmu. Shame it got cut down to 3 bands; a good-sized off-Ozzfest concert here would have been kewl.

Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun August 15th, 2004, 2:55 am

Atreyu
Every Time I Die
Bleeding Through
Unearth
Dimmu Borgir
and Lamb Of God

Thats the line up for the show, in to particular order.

BoB

Post by BoB » Sun August 15th, 2004, 9:08 am

<!--QuoteBegin-WREKage&#045;Paul+Aug 9 2004, 05:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (WREKage&#045;Paul &#064; Aug 9 2004, 05:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I guess we'll have to quit playing Iron Maiden, too.

Golly, Bob, two -- count 'em, TWO -- Dimmu Borgir songs were used in the trailer for the movie Hellboy.&nbsp; I guess we can scrap them, too?
[/quote]
Good points. Hellboy??? damn, that's weak!

It's ashame about Maiden tho...

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Sun August 15th, 2004, 11:29 am

Just wanted to point out that the adding of Lamb Of God and Unearth raises the awesomeness factor of this show about 800%.

We saw this on Friday during WREKage and thought "man, that can't be true... that would just be too damn good a show". For one of the very few times in my life I'm glad I was wrong.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon August 16th, 2004, 2:45 pm

yeah, I like Lamb of God. That makes the show a whole lot better!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Mon August 16th, 2004, 3:20 pm

I saw lamb of god in cincinatti and they blew me away. My first time seeing them as well as unearth. The new LOG album is gonna be killer, if it sounds anything like their first single. I might not be into black metal, but i know good metal when i hear it.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue August 24th, 2004, 5:15 am

Yeah, this show keeps growing. I just hope the Masquerade didn't screw the pooch in waiting too long to really promote it.

Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM

fukrholestkhed

Post by fukrholestkhed » Wed August 25th, 2004, 2:15 am

i think unearth and bleeding through will put on the best show
play your gloom axe