Dethklok 12.13.07 Free Show

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

vprong

Dethklok 12.13.07 Free Show

Post by vprong » Fri December 7th, 2007, 7:28 pm

Is their show worth going to for free? I'm thinking they sound way better live than their CD, which comparatively sucks to real death metal bands IMO.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=86331

Pat

Post by Pat » Fri December 7th, 2007, 8:15 pm

i'll be there

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri December 7th, 2007, 11:06 pm

only 450 tickets exist you got to get em ahead of time, im sure they will fly quick, if they arent gone already... i dont care for this kind of stuff though
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Fri December 7th, 2007, 11:13 pm

Matt wrote:only 450 tickets exist you got to get em ahead of time, im sure they will fly quick, if they arent gone already... i dont care for this kind of stuff though
it said you can't get them in advance... it's first come first serve. Alot of people are gonna be pissed off! :lol:

I'm not sure if I'll go or not...
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Sun December 9th, 2007, 10:51 am

I'm gonna try to leave work early and see if I can make this.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Sun December 9th, 2007, 1:08 pm

i'm still trying to figure out why anybody likes the music or the cartoon.

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Sun December 9th, 2007, 1:45 pm

BlazeTSU wrote:i'm still trying to figure out why anybody likes the music or the cartoon.
Remember: http://www.anus.com/metal/about/metal/metalocalypse/

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun December 9th, 2007, 3:14 pm

BlazeTSU wrote:i'm still trying to figure out why anybody likes the music or the cartoon.
same here, its making fun of death metal and metal in general basically
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Sun December 9th, 2007, 10:31 pm

i'm not sure if it makes fun of anything or not..........i've seen it like three times and i honestly didn't even smile or smirk much less laugh. i just don't think its funny.

i like to laugh, i like metal, i like cartoons but i just can't give a damn about this show or the "band" who sounds like a bad amon amarth cover band.

Veneror

Post by Veneror » Wed December 12th, 2007, 1:02 pm

BlazeTSU wrote:i'm not sure if it makes fun of anything or not..........i've seen it like three times and i honestly didn't even smile or smirk much less laugh. i just don't think its funny.

i like to laugh, i like metal, i like cartoons but i just can't give a damn about this show or the "band" who sounds like a bad amon amarth cover band.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Thu December 13th, 2007, 6:39 pm

holly wrote:
I'd have to say I agree with a lot of that.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Thu December 13th, 2007, 7:55 pm

I like the show. I thought it was funny and some of the songs are actually pretty good...yeah some of them do suck at the same time but overall, it's good.

I suppose it takes a certain sense of humor to like the show maybe? Or maybe if whoever is watching it has to realize that it's just a cartoon and cartoons don't portray real life which means that yeah, obviously metal doesn't rule the world in real life. I can see someone getting offended by the "rock n roll clown who does lots and lots of cocaine" because of that subject matter but not because it portrays metal a bit differently than what it really is in real life. Seriously, grow a sense of humor people! 8)
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Sean

Post by Sean » Fri December 14th, 2007, 3:41 pm

anyone go to this?

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Sat December 15th, 2007, 7:32 am

holly wrote:
I love watching the show. The dude is right. It's written by guys on the outside looking in, but they hit a lot of stereotypes and hilarity ensues.

-rich

Wireneck

Post by Wireneck » Sat December 15th, 2007, 10:07 am

I showed up a little before 8pm and still managed to get in. I am not a die hard fan or anything but I was interested in seeing how they would put this into the form of a live show. They animated the cartoon to be in sync with the live show (playing with a click) and performed in very low lighting for almost the entire night (to keep focus on the "cartoon" band) as opposed to the "in the flesh" band that was up on stage. A cool concept and for the most part it was executed well for a "fake" band. There is no denying that Brendon is an excellent guitarist and Gene Hogland was on point.
Unfortunately, the show suffered from HORRIBLE sound quality almost the entire night. The drums were a mess of extreme triggered piercing high end. The sound guy couldn't seem to get the guitar level right at any point. They were either too loud or way too low. Brendon's vocals are pretty bad on cd/the show but they were even less convincing live. There was this low whale like feedback that kept coming from somewhere. I know the band can't really have any control over this but it killed any chance of me enjoying this show.
I guess you really do get what you pay for. In this case nothing.