Iron Maiden World Tour 2008

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Thu February 21st, 2008, 8:28 am

They'll announce more dates though, the stuff announced 2 days ago is only the first leg.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Sun March 2nd, 2008, 3:22 am

Supposedly they're playing Lakewood May 19

FUCK THAT IS THE SAME DAY AS PAGANFEST

Ensiferum and Maiden are seriously the 2 bands I want to see the most :(

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Sun March 2nd, 2008, 3:31 am

actually if that's true I''ll gust go to Paganfest in North Carolina, that whounds like a good plan

RichOfSilence

Post by RichOfSilence » Sun March 2nd, 2008, 12:19 pm

Brian wrote:Supposedly they're playing Lakewood May 19

Come on, man! It's IRON MAIDEN!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun March 2nd, 2008, 7:15 pm

RichOfSilence wrote:

thats what i was thinking, fuck paganfest
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!

RichOfSilence

Post by RichOfSilence » Mon March 3rd, 2008, 11:56 am

Matt wrote:
RichOfSilence wrote:

I don't know the bands pn Pagan Fest, but they aren't on par with Maiden.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Mon March 3rd, 2008, 12:32 pm

RichOfSilence wrote:
Matt wrote:
RichOfSilence wrote:

I don't know the bands pn Pagan Fest, but they aren't on par with Maiden.
Here's the thing.
Iron Maiden: number 1 band I want to see live
Ensiferum (on Paganfest): number 2 band I want to see live

Maiden hasn't played the southeast in forever but they play the northeast all the time.
Ensiferum has never played in the USA before and if this tour fails, probably won't ever again.

Maiden is doing a once in a lifetime setlist right now though.

Oh well, the date isn't official yet. I'll just wait for an official announcement from Maiden before I start to make my decision.

Pat

Post by Pat » Mon March 3rd, 2008, 6:51 pm

where did you see they were playing in atlanta?

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon March 3rd, 2008, 6:51 pm

yea i was about to ask about the date???? how did you hear about if its not official? that its in the process of getting booked? iron maiden kicks so much ass!!
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Mon March 3rd, 2008, 7:30 pm

A guy I know saw it posted on the Iron Maiden forum by the same guy who posted the other dates before they were announced so he assumed it to be true. Then the guy comes out and says that he found these new ones on Wiki.

So it's complete bullshit.

samsara

Post by samsara » Mon March 3rd, 2008, 11:10 pm

Brian wrote:A guy I know saw it posted on the Iron Maiden forum by the same guy who posted the other dates before they were announced so he assumed it to be true. Then the guy comes out and says that he found these new ones on Wiki.

My drummer ran into a guy who said one of his friends was related to a crew member, and he said the same thing. So unless it's the same guy talking, then what are the odds that the lie would spread that far?

Oh, and as for the Paganfest vs. Maiden dilemma, this Maiden show is more or less a once in a lifetime deal. They're playing old stuff, and even if they come through on a future tour they'll be playing weaker stuff from albums to come. I'm not an Ensiferum fan, but even if I was I wouldn't miss this for that.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue March 4th, 2008, 12:35 am

samsara wrote:
Brian wrote:A guy I know saw it posted on the Iron Maiden forum by the same guy who posted the other dates before they were announced so he assumed it to be true. Then the guy comes out and says that he found these new ones on Wiki.

My drummer ran into a guy who said one of his friends was related to a crew member, and he said the same thing. So unless it's the same guy talking, then what are the odds that the lie would spread that far?

Oh, and as for the Paganfest vs. Maiden dilemma, this Maiden show is more or less a once in a lifetime deal. They're playing old stuff, and even if they come through on a future tour they'll be playing weaker stuff from albums to come. I'm not an Ensiferum fan, but even if I was I wouldn't miss this for that.
random dude related to a crew member has all the dates memorized and is telling strangers unconfirmed dates.... i doubt that man, that date is bogus as fuck...

BoB

Post by BoB » Tue March 4th, 2008, 5:40 pm

this just in from ironmaiden.com:
Wikipedia Dates?
Published: March 4, 2008

Useful as it is, anyone who's ever submitted school work based on what they found on Wikipedia surely knows that it's not always entirely factual.

In the case of Iron Maiden un-announced tour dates, its very much a work of fiction!

Remember folks, dates aren't official until they are announced right here on IM.com. You don't have long to wait - the second leg dates for North America will be published soon. But in the meantime, please don't pay attention to tour info on Wikipedia or any sites that have copied the same rumours cos I can tell you all that they're not correct and we'd hate for anyone to make concrete plans based on bad information.Wikipedia Dates?
Published: March 4, 2008

Useful as it is, anyone who's ever submitted school work based on what they found on Wikipedia surely knows that it's not always entirely factual.

In the case of Iron Maiden un-announced tour dates, its very much a work of fiction!

Remember folks, dates aren't official until they are announced right here on IM.com. You don't have long to wait - the second leg dates for North America will be published soon. But in the meantime, please don't pay attention to tour info on Wikipedia or any sites that have copied the same rumours cos I can tell you all that they're not correct and we'd hate for anyone to make concrete plans based on bad information.
Surprising to hear about "second leg dates for North America" but I'm guessing they'll be northern US and more Canadian stops.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Thu March 6th, 2008, 5:47 pm

damn that would have been cool. oh well...hopefully they do come through here though
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

frozen

Post by frozen » Sat March 8th, 2008, 12:01 pm

Road trip bitches!!!! fuck yeah, i'm off to texas!