Iron Maiden World Tour 2008

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Matt

Iron Maiden World Tour 2008

Post by Matt » Sat December 29th, 2007, 4:25 am

i hope this shit comes to USA id travel distances to see this shit, it looks like they will only play shit from the first 7 cds.......

your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Sat December 29th, 2007, 10:14 am

They announced one or two US dates but that's it. They said that the second leg of the tour will have a lot more US stuff though but that hasn't been announced.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sat December 29th, 2007, 11:58 am

wow! I hope it comes to Atlanta or somewhere close to here.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Sat December 29th, 2007, 2:41 pm

That will be glorious.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat December 29th, 2007, 2:48 pm

Metalfreak wrote:wow! I hope it comes to Atlanta or somewhere close to here.
me too, this would be the shit!!!!!
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!

samsara

Post by samsara » Sat December 29th, 2007, 5:32 pm

D.C. or closer and I'm there. Because they're highlighting Powerslave-Seventh Son, this is pretty much a once-in-a-lifetime kind of deal, and I'm not missing it if at all possible.

BoB

Post by BoB » Sun December 30th, 2007, 9:10 am

I would cream to see them here but I seriously doubt they'll have many US shows (I'm surprised to see 2 US stops already). I'd almost rather find the cheapest airline ticket to whatever European/Latin-American show and see them there - combine a vacation and Maiden concert.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Sun December 30th, 2007, 11:30 am

Huh -- I would expect them to be playing 10 billion dates. Maiden doesn't go on marathon tours anymore? (I sort of lost track of them in the '90's.) Haven't they historically played Atlanta?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun December 30th, 2007, 3:10 pm

samsara wrote:D.C. or closer and I'm there. Because they're highlighting Powerslave-Seventh Son, this is pretty much a once-in-a-lifetime kind of deal, and I'm not missing it if at all possible.

i dont want them to only highlight powerslave through seventh son, dont get me wrong, iron maiden is my all time favorite band, that would be cool to see that, but wheres the fucking love for the first 4 cds which were are all the shit, perfect discs, all of which are better than powerslave.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Sun December 30th, 2007, 4:15 pm

Matt wrote: i dont want them to only highlight powerslave through seventh son, dont get me wrong, iron maiden is my all time favorite band, that would be cool to see that, but wheres the fucking love for the first 4 cds which were are all the shit, perfect discs, all of which are better than powerslave.
Number of the Beast is probably my all time favorite metal album, but the Dianno albums better than Powerslave? Blasphemy!

Anyway, I really don't see an Atlanta date happening. The closest will probably be DC. I read somewhere that Bruce said that Maiden will never play the south again since he wants all Maiden shows to be sellouts and he doesn't think they could sell out a show here, but I really hope he changes his mind. There is no band I want to see more than them.

samsara

Post by samsara » Sun December 30th, 2007, 6:05 pm

Matt wrote:
samsara wrote:D.C. or closer and I'm there. Because they're highlighting Powerslave-Seventh Son, this is pretty much a once-in-a-lifetime kind of deal, and I'm not missing it if at all possible.

i dont want them to only highlight powerslave through seventh son, dont get me wrong, iron maiden is my all time favorite band, that would be cool to see that, but wheres the fucking love for the first 4 cds which were are all the shit, perfect discs, all of which are better than powerslave.
From what I've heard, the classics will all appear (i.e. Phantom of the Opera, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Killers, Children of the Damned, Revelations, etc.) but the tour is to promote the second installment of their History of Iron Maiden DVD series, which will cover '84-'89. So I'm just guessing that the set will be largely composed of songs from that era.

Playing off of the first seven albums only sounds like a good deal to me, they've never been quite the same since, even though I like their last three albums pretty well.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun December 30th, 2007, 9:31 pm

samsara wrote:
Matt wrote:

From what I've heard, the classics will all appear (i.e. Phantom of the Opera, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Killers, Children of the Damned, Revelations, etc.) but the tour is to promote the second installment of their History of Iron Maiden DVD series, which will cover '84-'89. So I'm just guessing that the set will be largely composed of songs from that era.

Playing off of the first seven albums only sounds like a good deal to me, they've never been quite the same since, even though I like their last three albums pretty well.

that makes sense, i couldnt get into the newest maiden the first time i listened, i may have to give it another spin considering i like brave new world and dance of death for sure, i pretty much like all there shit.

samsara

Post by samsara » Sun December 30th, 2007, 10:42 pm

Matt wrote:
samsara wrote:
Matt wrote:

that makes sense, i couldnt get into the newest maiden the first time i listened, i may have to give it another spin considering i like brave new world and dance of death for sure, i pretty much like all there shit.
Yeah it's a hard disc to get into for whatever reason, but give it a couple more listens and you'll probably find yourself liking it. Except for that weak "Different World" song.

Anyway, I'm seeing Maiden one way or another.

Strange

Post by Strange » Fri January 4th, 2008, 3:34 pm

I truly wish they'd come to Atlanta...but since they most likely won't, I'll drive pretty much wherever I have to to see this.

I really like Bob's idea but that's a bit out of my budget right now.
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

samsara

Post by samsara » Thu February 21st, 2008, 12:25 am

Only one east coast date, and that's the sold out New Jersey one. God dammit.