Satan's Host 5/25 in Athens

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Metalfreak

Satan's Host 5/25 in Athens

Post by Metalfreak » Sun May 18th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Anyone going? I'm gonna be in Maryland when this is going on...they should come back when I'm here! :D Satan's Host is a killer black metal band. Check 'em out if you haven't.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Sun May 18th, 2008, 2:48 pm

venue? openers?
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Sun May 18th, 2008, 9:56 pm

I REALLY want to go to this. Satan's Host's new CD is excellent, and they're not coming anywhere else closer to me. They are touring with Drawn and Quartered and the venue is listed as Transmetropolitan Pizza...which might be upstairs at that place...I dunno, never been there. Anybody in Athens have any info on this place?

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Mon May 19th, 2008, 8:47 am

E.J. Diarrheaspray wrote:I REALLY want to go to this. Satan's Host's new CD is excellent, and they're not coming anywhere else closer to me. They are touring with Drawn and Quartered and the venue is listed as Transmetropolitan Pizza...which might be upstairs at that place...I dunno, never been there. Anybody in Athens have any info on this place?
that's the most bizarre place for a metal show, but whatever. transmet is on clayton street between college ave and lumpkin. if you've ever been to the georgia theatre its just down the street. they've had a few shows upstairs but i never thought of it as a place to book tours.

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Tue May 20th, 2008, 11:26 am

Could you do some asking around to see if it actually is at this venue? I can't find any info on this online and I live about 5 hours away. I'd hate to drive all that way and it not be there. Thanks!

deathgasmrecords

Post by deathgasmrecords » Tue May 20th, 2008, 3:47 pm

I am the one who posted this show on the events. I received the venue info directly from Kelly Kuciemba (Drawn and Quartered).

I have Kelly's # if you want to check with him.
Email me for it.
evan@deathgasm.com

I will be in Maryland during this show...otherwise, I would be there for sure.

Evan

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Tue May 20th, 2008, 7:11 pm

This show sounds fucking promising. E.J. 3 cheers for drivin up man, perhaps we can burn down.

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Wed May 21st, 2008, 7:37 am

deathgasmrecords wrote:I am the one who posted this show on the events. I received the venue info directly from Kelly Kuciemba (Drawn and Quartered).

I have Kelly's # if you want to check with him.
Email me for it.
evan@deathgasm.com

I will be in Maryland during this show...otherwise, I would be there for sure.

Evan
Thanks man! It was listed as being at some place called the Secret Squirrel and now some pizza shop...I wasn't real sure where it was going to be.

And Necroodin...perhaps. I don't do that very often, so if I did, I'd be hilarious

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Wed May 21st, 2008, 10:47 am

Excellent man, any man whose willing to drive for metal as i have done in the past myself, is deserved of some doobage.

I remember driving up to Cincinatti to check out Mercyful Fate and Nevermore and some kind soul along the way dispensed some my way and it was most appreciated. The drive home after that gig sucked though, Drunk, Ohio to Atlanta, GA at 3 am Wooooooooo

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Fri May 23rd, 2008, 5:18 am

this is going to start early at 8pm. daffodil is opening and i've never heard them before but they'll be a very strange addition if their myspace songs are anything to go by.

JMincemoyer

Post by JMincemoyer » Fri May 23rd, 2008, 12:52 pm

I'm new to this forum, but thought I would reply to this since I live in Athens and am helping put on this show. Music should start around 8:30 or 9. I have never heard Daffodil. Drawn & Quartered will have to be done by midnight.

Regarding Transmet...This was not the first choice. We had to scramble to find a venue once the guy who runs the Secret Squirrel backed out. We found this out after we had already sent Kelly the information for the tour ad. Also, D&Q was adamant that they secure a show for Sunday so they would not have a day off while on the road. Transmet ultimately became our last option, but this is all well and good as they serve pizza and have a full bar upstairs. The room is not great, there is no stage, no light truss, etc., but the show, barring any unforeseen disasters, will go on. Black Tusk and the reformed Fang! have both played the Transmet. Hopefully, everyone will have a good time. Please come out and support!

Trying to book heavier shows here in Athens, so it would be great to get some feedback, start correspondence and make contacts with anyone/everyone in Atlanta, the Southeast and beyond. Death/black/crust/doom/sludge we would love to have it here.

Maybe we'll see some of you on Sunday!

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Fri May 23rd, 2008, 6:58 pm

JMincemoyer wrote:I'm new to this forum, but thought I would reply to this since I live in Athens and am helping put on this show. Music should start around 8:30 or 9. I have never heard Daffodil. Drawn & Quartered will have to be done by midnight.

Regarding Transmet...This was not the first choice. We had to scramble to find a venue once the guy who runs the Secret Squirrel backed out. We found this out after we had already sent Kelly the information for the tour ad. Also, D&Q was adamant that they secure a show for Sunday so they would not have a day off while on the road. Transmet ultimately became our last option, but this is all well and good as they serve pizza and have a full bar upstairs. The room is not great, there is no stage, no light truss, etc., but the show, barring any unforeseen disasters, will go on. Black Tusk and the reformed Fang! have both played the Transmet. Hopefully, everyone will have a good time. Please come out and support!

Trying to book heavier shows here in Athens, so it would be great to get some feedback, start correspondence and make contacts with anyone/everyone in Atlanta, the Southeast and beyond. Death/black/crust/doom/sludge we would love to have it here.

Maybe we'll see some of you on Sunday!
are you the guy i was talking with last night at the sea of bones show? i'm greg.

JMincemoyer

Post by JMincemoyer » Sat May 24th, 2008, 4:24 pm

Yes.

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Sun May 25th, 2008, 12:53 am

Satan's Host is playing this show, right? What is the lineup for the show?

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun May 25th, 2008, 10:04 am

E.J. Diarrheaspray wrote:Satan's Host is playing this show, right? What is the lineup for the show?
them and Drawn And Quartered as far as I know...
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???