Obituary/Unleashed/Carnifex - Tuesday @ Masq.

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

ScreamBloodyGore

Post by ScreamBloodyGore » Tue September 23rd, 2008, 2:14 pm

I guess so.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Tue September 23rd, 2008, 2:47 pm

The_Sideburns wrote:Hah, I guess I'm the only one who thinks going to metal shows is about watching bands play instead of getting fucked up and moshing with sweaty fagtards.
no, you're not the only one. I drink at shows when I can afford it, I just prefer not to get plastered because what the hell is the sense if I won't remember it later?

I was shitfaced at Megadeth in April...sucks cause I don't remember a damn song they played. and not to mention all the $$$ I spent on $5 coors lights. then I threw it all up at the marta station. The story behind all this is great but man I wish I remembered their set.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

ScreamBloodyGore

Post by ScreamBloodyGore » Tue September 23rd, 2008, 2:54 pm

Metalfreak wrote:
The_Sideburns wrote:Hah, I guess I'm the only one who thinks going to metal shows is about watching bands play instead of getting fucked up and moshing with sweaty fagtards.
no, you're not the only one. I drink at shows when I can afford it, I just prefer not to get plastered because what the hell is the sense if I won't remember it later?

I was shitfaced at Megadeth in April...sucks cause I don't remember a damn song they played. and not to mention all the $$$ I spent on $5 coors lights. then I threw it all up at the marta station. The story behind all this is great but man I wish I remembered their set.
Yeah, sometimes it's not worth it. All I can remember of Suffocation a few weeks ago is a single song and his little Wal-Mart speech. Though I can attribute that to weed, not alcohol.

Still though, the quickest and most effective way to loosen me up and let me receive the maximum amount of enjoyment from the night is boozin'. It's not for everyone, but thank God I'm not everyone.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Tue September 23rd, 2008, 3:40 pm

ScreamBloodyGore wrote: Yeah, sometimes it's not worth it. All I can remember of Suffocation a few weeks ago is a single song and his little Wal-Mart speech. Though I can attribute that to weed, not alcohol.
Shit, I don't remember much more than that and I was pretty much completely sober.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Tue September 23rd, 2008, 7:30 pm

This thread is awesome.

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Tue September 23rd, 2008, 9:08 pm

theRothstanator wrote:
GameFreac wrote:Yeah I lost my 2 front teeth in May because my friend threw me into the toilet to throw up but he missed and I hit it....hard

I don't remember but yeah.....they're fake

I haven't drank in awhile....lol :D
I'm not as annoyed by your presence anymore. Good lawls.
Why were you annoyed by my presence? lol

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Tue September 23rd, 2008, 10:44 pm

ya brian like i was sayin bro this is some epic shit goin down.

unbelievable if half these people werent actually real

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Wed September 24th, 2008, 4:48 am

Obituary was awesome as usual. Unleashed was mediocre. Their solos were pretty damn good, but overall kind of boring.

kfoll

Post by kfoll » Wed September 24th, 2008, 9:04 am

necroodin wrote:ya brian like i was sayin bro this is some epic shit goin down.

unbelievable if half these people werent actually real
Don't you mean, epic fail?
----------------------------------

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Wed September 24th, 2008, 9:38 am

pretty much

The_Sideburns

Post by The_Sideburns » Wed September 24th, 2008, 12:42 pm

Mike wrote:Obituary was awesome as usual. Unleashed was mediocre. Their solos were pretty damn good, but overall kind of boring.
If anything it should be the other way around. Unleashed stole the show playing all the newer classics as well as a select old live staples that should always be played. Unleashed got the crowd going well and had much interaction creating an awesome fucking atmosphere. While Obituary just mechanically played song after song, with just showing off Ralph Santolla (for obvious reason of course) AND having a shitty fucking setlist, playing almost exclusively new stuff save no more than 3 old songs.

I heard so many pissed off people after complaining about their song selection, even the singer/bassist of Prime Mover was fucking pissed. I myself really enjoyed it, but wished they had played more recognizeable songs.

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Wed September 24th, 2008, 1:34 pm

ya Unleashed drove me to headbang, Obituary drove me to toking. Really enjoyed Obituary, but to me Unleashed cleaned up.