Municipal Waste/Hallow's Eve

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Mon October 13th, 2008, 9:19 pm

Alright thanks

This show is gonna be great

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Sun October 26th, 2008, 9:19 pm

So it looks like two local openers, and shows there start at 10pm, so Municipal Waste probably won't go on til midnight at least. Going to be pretty tough to do since it's a weekday.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon October 27th, 2008, 6:15 pm

ratanda wrote:So it looks like two local openers, and shows there start at 10pm, so Municipal Waste probably won't go on til midnight at least. Going to be pretty tough to do since it's a weekday.
holy crap. that is late. :?

why do they have to start their shows so freakin late?
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Mon October 27th, 2008, 6:47 pm

Can't wait for this show, got my ticket today

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Mon October 27th, 2008, 9:34 pm

Keep in mind punk bands are opening, so I don't think it'll be THAT bad.

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Mon October 27th, 2008, 11:05 pm

So who else is going?

This makes me more excited for this show...watch the guy at 0:05

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0JHdmVENIaA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0JHdmVENIaA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Haha :lol:

neomanguy

Post by neomanguy » Mon October 27th, 2008, 11:44 pm

yea this is gonna be intense, i wanna see them break out the boogie boards

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Tue October 28th, 2008, 1:10 pm

Anyone know why Hallow's Eve dropped off?

The_Sideburns

Post by The_Sideburns » Tue October 28th, 2008, 1:12 pm

This would be a lot more fun if this was at The Masquerade. At least Hell would be fun to see them in, I can't imagine them not having a decent crowd.

Two crappy opening bands and starting at midnight is worth seeing Munipal Waste, they're not that good anyway.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Tue October 28th, 2008, 3:01 pm

The_Sideburns wrote:This would be a lot more fun if this was at The Masquerade. At least Hell would be fun to see them in, I can't imagine them not having a decent crowd.

Two crappy opening bands and starting at midnight is worth seeing Munipal Waste, they're not that good anyway.
out of curiosity...have you ever even been to the DU? I really can't see how anybody with the least bit of knowledge of the Waste or the DU would think their show would be more fun at the Masq. Sorry but when a band's show has a reputation for non-stop crowd surfing, stage diving, circle pitting, etc, the last place I want to see them is a venue with a reputation for stopping all that. DU is the perfect place for them.

Pat

Post by Pat » Tue October 28th, 2008, 10:52 pm

Without a doubt the unicorn is a way better venue for this show and pretty much any other show too for that matter.

slut rag

Post by slut rag » Wed October 29th, 2008, 4:07 pm

[quote="Brian"][quote="The_Sideburns"]This would be a lot more fun if this was at The Masquerade. At least Hell would be fun to see them in, I can't imagine them not having a decent crowd.

Two crappy opening bands and starting at midnight is worth seeing Munipal Waste, they're not that good anyway.[/quote]

out of curiosity...have you ever even been to the DU? I really can't see how anybody with the least bit of knowledge of the Waste or the DU would think their show would be more fun at the Masq. Sorry but when a band's show has a reputation for non-stop crowd surfing, stage diving, circle pitting, etc, the last place I want to see them is a venue with a reputation for stopping all that. DU is the perfect place for them.[/quote]

^^^ i wouldnt think there would be enough room for all of that to happen at the DU.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Wed October 29th, 2008, 4:37 pm

slut rag wrote:
Brian wrote:
The_Sideburns wrote:This would be a lot more fun if this was at The Masquerade. At least Hell would be fun to see them in, I can't imagine them not having a decent crowd.

out of curiosity...have you ever even been to the DU? I really can't see how anybody with the least bit of knowledge of the Waste or the DU would think their show would be more fun at the Masq. Sorry but when a band's show has a reputation for non-stop crowd surfing, stage diving, circle pitting, etc, the last place I want to see them is a venue with a reputation for stopping all that. DU is the perfect place for them.

^^^ i wouldnt think there would be enough room for all of that to happen at the DU.

my thoughts exactly.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Wed October 29th, 2008, 4:45 pm

Metalfreak wrote:
slut rag wrote:
Brian wrote:

my thoughts exactly.
I didn't see them last time they played there but a few people told me it was crazy, complete with stage dives and crowd surfing.

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Wed October 29th, 2008, 5:12 pm

Yes, it was amazing last time at Drunken Unicorn compared to when they played the Masq.
And Municipal Waste not being that good?!!!?
You are crazy. They're one of the best metal bands out right now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RDGLQuBkaE