METALLICA!!

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Sat December 4th, 2004, 10:05 pm

Screw Metallica. Yes, they made some good music many years ago, (they stopped doing this after 1988, when i was 11 years old) but they actually had the nerve to tell people that they can't download their music. Why if you were a multi-millionaire (possibly multi-billionaire) would you care if people listened to your music for free from time to time? :wh4cky: They even went so far as to virtually shut down one of the most widely used file sharing programs by suing Napster. Cash cows are all they are in my opinion :angry:

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue December 7th, 2004, 4:52 am

<!--QuoteBegin-E.J. Diarrheaspray+Dec 4 2004, 11:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (E.J. Diarrheaspray @ Dec 4 2004, 11:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Screw Metallica. Yes, they made some good music many years ago, (they stopped doing this after 1988, when i was 11 years old) but they actually had the nerve to tell people that they can't download their music. Why if you were a multi-millionaire (possibly multi-billionaire) would you care if people listened to your music for free from time to time? :wh4cky: They even went so far as to virtually shut down one of the most widely used file sharing programs by suing Napster. Cash cows are all they are in my opinion :angry: [/quote]
In fairness to Metallica....theoretically, once you're aware that your trademarked or copywrited material is being abused, legally you have to act to protect your rights.

I just think Metallica did it in a really lousy way. Lars, hire a PR guy. Gawd knows you can afford it.

Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM