Obligatory introduction thread

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Lone Wolf Winter

Obligatory introduction thread

Post by Lone Wolf Winter » Tue April 7th, 2009, 5:55 pm

Hello all,

I'm a displaced yank living in the South, and I'll be moving to Atlanta in 2 weeks to start a new job (I'm in TV news).

I always try to go to a lot of shows, and I'm excited to be moving to a town with regular gigs again (grew up in Philly, spent last 2 years in Augusta).

I start work on the 20th, and I'm really looking forward to the Napalm Death/Toxic Holocaust show that week. I last saw Napalm Death in Philadelphia back in 2002, with Strapping Young Lad, Berzerker, Nile, and Dark Tranquillity.

So, if there's anyone I can meet up with from the board at the show, drop me a line here or email me at k.kinkead@hotmail.com.

thanks,
Kevin

Blarg!

Post by Blarg! » Tue April 7th, 2009, 6:19 pm

Welcome.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Wed April 8th, 2009, 12:36 am

Welcome to the Atlanta metal scene.....although sometimes it seems like it's better to live near Ground Zero in Spartanburg for shows. :shock: :twisted:

Acidic Consumption

Post by Acidic Consumption » Wed April 8th, 2009, 9:11 am

Wassup man..we've been getting some great shows lately. Alot of good ones do unfortunately skip Atlanta though.
sorrowfulend.bandcamp.com
overwhelmed6.bandcamp.com

Strange

Re: Obligatory introduction thread

Post by Strange » Wed April 8th, 2009, 10:35 am

Lone Wolf Winter wrote: I last saw Napalm Death in Philadelphia back in 2002, with Strapping Young Lad, Berzerker, Nile, and Dark Tranquillity.
I caught that tour here. It was on Valentines Day. Fortunately my wife accepts the fact that I'm a metalhead. haha

Welcome aboard!
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Wed April 8th, 2009, 11:06 am

There have been maybe...2 shows to go to Ground Zero and not Atlanta in the past 2-3 years. And I think one of those tours was canceled. The other one is that Mayhem/Marduk show. So Atlanta is definitely better.

Lone Wolf Winter

Post by Lone Wolf Winter » Wed April 8th, 2009, 1:33 pm

I see that some people from the WREKage crew are on this board.

I used to do metal radio when I was in Journalism School at WVU. We had a show that ran from midnight to 3am on Fridays, and I got the opportunity to interview King Diamond, Randy Blythe, and a bunch of other people.

I eventually got out of that and got into TV, but I loved doing radio in college.

Blarg!

Post by Blarg! » Wed April 8th, 2009, 1:41 pm

Lone Wolf Winter wrote:I see that some people from the WREKage crew are on this board.

I used to do metal radio when I was in Journalism School at WVU. We had a show that ran from midnight to 3am on Fridays, and I got the opportunity to interview King Diamond, Randy Blythe, and a bunch of other people.

I eventually got out of that and got into TV, but I loved doing radio in college.
Maybe you should do a metal TV show

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Wed April 8th, 2009, 1:52 pm

Blarg! wrote:
Lone Wolf Winter wrote:I see that some people from the WREKage crew are on this board.

dude that would be so cool...not this headbanger's ball fag shit that's currently on

anyways, yeah I would fall into that category of radio DJs...but only for another month cause I graduate! Yeah I've gotten to interview King Diamond too, Chris Barnes, Rob Halford, Ghaal, Alex Skolnick, Misery Index twice (once in studio), In Flames, Sepultura and a shitton of others. btw I'm jealous you got to see The Berzerker! 8)

what do you look like so we know who to look for at shows? I'm one of the few females so I won't be hard to find.
enough of that, welcome to the boards! :twisted:
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Wed April 8th, 2009, 2:10 pm

I really do want to catch that Napalm Death show though...it just sucks because it's the week before finals. Most of the good shows this month are happening at bad times for me, since those Obscura and Amon Amarth shows are during finals :(

Acidic Consumption

Post by Acidic Consumption » Wed April 8th, 2009, 2:48 pm

i hear ya man..i gotta be selective as well. I wouldn't mind seeing Napalm but i'd rather hold out and see the Amon Amarth show.
sorrowfulend.bandcamp.com
overwhelmed6.bandcamp.com

Lone Wolf Winter

Post by Lone Wolf Winter » Wed April 8th, 2009, 6:38 pm

Metalfreak wrote:
Blarg! wrote:

dude that would be so cool...not this headbanger's ball fag shit that's currently on

anyways, yeah I would fall into that category of radio DJs...but only for another month cause I graduate! Yeah I've gotten to interview King Diamond too, Chris Barnes, Rob Halford, Ghaal, Alex Skolnick, Misery Index twice (once in studio), In Flames, Sepultura and a shitton of others. btw I'm jealous you got to see The Berzerker! 8)

what do you look like so we know who to look for at shows? I'm one of the few females so I won't be hard to find.
enough of that, welcome to the boards! :twisted:
Here's a few pics of me with Destroyer 666. I'm the one with the WV hat, ignore the drunk guy drinking coffee.

And here's me onstage with my punk and roll band.

Would love to meet you guys, I'll drop you a private message and post a follow up here before the show.

-Kevin

Lone Wolf Winter

Post by Lone Wolf Winter » Wed April 8th, 2009, 6:39 pm

whoops, doubled up on that post

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Thu April 9th, 2009, 3:51 pm

dude that's bad ass! I would love to see D666!

Amon is playing the day after my only final...so I'm good!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

DeathfareDevil

Post by DeathfareDevil » Sat April 11th, 2009, 1:49 am

Those pics are awesome, man, and props for the screen name: that's probably my fave song from that album. D666 is the shit.