ATHEIST

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Wed July 8th, 2009, 12:50 pm

Just look out for my in my Death's Leporsy shirt. :P

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Wed July 8th, 2009, 1:18 pm

oh God I cannot wait

I FUCKING LOVE ATHEIST

Strange

Post by Strange » Wed July 8th, 2009, 2:52 pm

ProstheticHead12 wrote:stoked! i also still don't have a ticket - is anyone in sybaritic gonna have them before the show? i won't be in atlanta til about 5.
Dado from Sybaritic told me that Mike would be at the Masquerade early.

Damn, Gnostic is going on at 7:30? Crap! crap-crap-crap.
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

Pat

Post by Pat » Wed July 8th, 2009, 4:27 pm

I'd like to see this but I'm out of town.

ZonariAn

Post by ZonariAn » Wed July 8th, 2009, 4:37 pm

Dado told me that Sybaritic was going on at 7:30.

Is anyone in the Acworth area going?

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Thu July 9th, 2009, 11:13 am

excellent show. sybaritic, the faceless, and atheist of course were all great. i still don't get how the agonist keeps getting on good tours.
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

Strange

Post by Strange » Thu July 9th, 2009, 2:53 pm

ProstheticHead12 wrote:excellent show. sybaritic, the faceless, and atheist of course were all great. i still don't get how the agonist keeps getting on good tours.
Maybe the singer's oral talents aren't best showcased in their music? :twisted:

Anyway, definitely a killer show.

Unfortunately I missed Sybaritic, but I caught almost all of Gnostic's set. It was very good. Their mix could have used a bit more guitar, but the sound in that room almost always sucks.

After watching a couple of songs by the Agonist, I went upstairs for Hank III's country set. My intent was to come back downstairs for the Faceless, but I was just having too damn much fun. I got back downstairs right before Atheist cranked up and ripped some ass!

It seemed liek 1/3 - 1/4 of the crowd were forum members. :lol:
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Thu July 9th, 2009, 4:21 pm

Despite the usual sound issues, that was a great show. Atheist is another one of those bands that I had decided long ago that I would probably never have an opportunity to see. I also had a good laugh at Hank's awesome cunt-ry mosh pit upstairs during the Agonist. Fun evening.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Thu July 9th, 2009, 5:39 pm

MS_39455 wrote:Despite the usual sound issues, that was a great show. Atheist is another one of those bands that I had decided long ago that I would probably never have an opportunity to see. I also had a good laugh at Hank's awesome cunt-ry mosh pit upstairs during the Agonist. Fun evening.
yeah no shit! The moshpit upstairs was funny...I crowdsurfed for Hank III hahahaha! It seemed like a bunch of people downstairs all snuck upstairs at some point through out the night. The only bands I watched were Gnostic, Athiest, Hank III and a song or two of The faceless...I didn't catch Sybaritic cause i got there too late. I also got pretty damn trashed too! I had a pretty nasty hangover this morning...it took me forever to finally get my lazy ass out of bed lol
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

frozen

Post by frozen » Thu July 9th, 2009, 9:50 pm

ProstheticHead12 wrote:excellent show. sybaritic, the faceless, and atheist of course were all great. i still don't get how the agonist keeps getting on good tours.
Thanks dude! It was nice talking to you at the show.

Acidic Consumption

Post by Acidic Consumption » Thu July 9th, 2009, 10:36 pm

Great show...really great set by Sabaritic, first time seeing u guys and ya'll tore it up. Gnostic was cool...The faceless totally slayed as well. We didn't make it long enough for Atheist but i'm sure they had a great set. Sabaritic hope u guys can play the benefit man, it'd be great.

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Fri July 10th, 2009, 2:33 am

Was good to see Tommy and his goatee of eliteness. I mourn the loss of my own each time i see him. Always good to meet Amanda for the first time for the 4'th or so time :D

What a bizarre crowd, apparently I could've gone upstairs lol looked like a good time. However I did enjoy watching the human circus on the patio, drunk country boys getting knocked out by their gfs, drunk old folks, watching old folks try to hide doing lines, some girl named Christy, some guy who looked like he wanted to be the metalcore version of the karate kid...

Sybartic seems tighter each time I see them, but they still do nothing for me..
Gnostic was excellent, enjoying this band more and more..
some band who were terrible
some band who was worse with the atypical Hot Metal Chick singer with a gayeurometal bent
The Faceless, I finally enjoyed a set... i was thinking Origin and them would be a decent set together.
Atheist was everything I thought it would be and more, been waiting 14 years since I heard them for the first time. Not sure what to say to those who didn't stick around for this. Some historic shit for me.

Anyway, stoned ramble, out.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Fri July 10th, 2009, 10:13 am

I enjoyed Atheist way more this time around than at MDF, I don't know if it was the smaller stage and setting or what. They only played 45 minutes which surprised me, but it being a weeknight and getting late I didn't mind so much. I caught some of the Hank III set too, and man it was PACKED. And fun.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Fri July 10th, 2009, 11:38 am

necroodin wrote:Always good to meet Amanda for the first time for the 4'th or so time :D
:lol: yeah I remember meeting you before a while back too... I was pretty wasted when I talked to you at this show though but I do remember hahaha
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Fri July 10th, 2009, 6:14 pm

bwahaha its all good