Gojira/Zoroaster/Burst

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

slut rag

Post by slut rag » Tue September 22nd, 2009, 5:48 pm

yeah man...mono are playing the same night at the masquerade. im definitely going to have to check them out. i would just like to go upstairs and see the other bands too. hopefully the masquerade will feel generous that night with admissions to both floors.

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Tue September 22nd, 2009, 11:45 pm

Just try to run when there's a huge crowd and try to blend in. It usually works.

ScreamBloodyGore

Post by ScreamBloodyGore » Thu September 24th, 2009, 3:59 pm

Anyone have any idea what time Zoroaster will start?

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Thu September 24th, 2009, 5:15 pm

idk bff!!!!

so stoked to see Gojira again. Every time I've seen them they've been awesome. And finally I can see Burst and Scale the Summit.

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Thu September 24th, 2009, 5:51 pm

ScreamBloodyGore wrote:Anyone have any idea what time Zoroaster will start?
7:30 according to a bulletin they just posted

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Fri September 25th, 2009, 12:11 am

I didn't see Scale the Summit. Maybe I got there late or something. It was my first time seeing Zoroaster and tbh I preferred them to Burst. Gojira was the shit though. Hadn't been to the Masquerade since Atheist so this was fun. I felt bad for the chick that got knocked out by the idiot Lamb of God crowd surfer. My mood was killed by getting pulled over by some dumb cop. Claiming I was going 95 without any proof.

BlackRoija
WREKage Staff

Post by BlackRoija » Fri September 25th, 2009, 9:38 am

I don't think StS played. That LoG dude cracked me up. Gets up on stage, does a fucking FRONT FLIP off and lands flat on his back. He came up to me and my friend afterwards and was like NICE CATCH ASSHOLES. Sry bro I don't catch any stagedivers in Lamb of God shirts.

FLYING WHALES

we got the setlist 8)

egg yolkeo

Post by egg yolkeo » Fri September 25th, 2009, 9:56 am

Gojira was just incredible,went downstairs after and watched mono play a couple songs but just couldnt get thru the second one and bailed.
People had parked in front of the georgia power gate blocking the way for their trucks and were getting towed so I had to wait like 30 miniutes to leave.Glad it wasnt my car
Got a Gojira print pick \m/

theRothstanator

Post by theRothstanator » Sat September 26th, 2009, 8:51 pm

I'm pissed that I missed Zoroaster...I guess I've been acclimated to the DU's chronically late shows. And is it me, or was this show not super loud? It's probably just me getting more and more deaf.
"Other than shame and guilt I am fine." - Melkor

BlackRoija
WREKage Staff

Post by BlackRoija » Sat September 26th, 2009, 10:12 pm

Idk, I'm trying to wear earplugs at shows now. I don't wanna go deaf.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun September 27th, 2009, 1:11 pm

BlackRoija wrote:Idk, I'm trying to wear earplugs at shows now. I don't wanna go deaf.
that's what I need to do. It just doesn't sound as good so I wind up just taking them back out and sometimes I'll move towards the back so it isn't right in my ears.

@egg yolkeo - glad it wasn't your car! sucks for those others though lol

@gene - did you get a ticket? If he didn't have a laser then it is really hard to prove...cops have to have a special certification to use the laser gun and if he didn't have one and you got a ticket, it could get thrown out or reduced to a warning but there's no guarantee on that. My b/f does not have a laser cert so he only pulls over speeders if they are obviously speeding (it's easy to tell if you're going 80 in a 30, you know?) 8)
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Sun September 27th, 2009, 1:22 pm

Metalfreak wrote:
BlackRoija wrote:Idk, I'm trying to wear earplugs at shows now. I don't wanna go deaf.
that's what I need to do. It just doesn't sound as good so I wind up just taking them back out and sometimes I'll move towards the back so it isn't right in my ears.
You guys really should. The damage is done slowly, over time. By the time you notice it, it is far too late. I pretty much have constant tinnitus now. I have found that, in some ways, the sound is better, because a lot of the high end is quieter.

Having said all that, my use of earplugs is pretty hit and miss.

V-GER

Post by V-GER » Sun September 27th, 2009, 6:39 pm

Since I have been to so many shows, when I go to loud restaurants or bars, I can't hear a damn thing but I can still hear cars coming down to top of my street when it's quiet!

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Mon October 5th, 2009, 12:21 am

Earplugs are a must. I won't go to a show if I don't have any, and I always have a spare pair or two in my car.

Zoroaster was good (better set as it went along, I thought), Burst I wasn't familiar with but I thought they were good.

Scale the Summit did not play. No idea why. Reason notwithstanding, my streak of NOT seeing them continues unabated.

:evil: